General Category > Freewheeling

Group riding again, OMG!

(1/15) > >>

Blodwyn Pig:
Well 12 of us met up today  for a 73km from Tonbridge, to Edenbridge, to Forest Row, To Tunbridge  Wells, back to Tonbridge. I know it was April 1st, and joking aside, and all Covid matters aside, I was genuinely shocked at the level of competence of some individuals, I mean riding 3 a breast , up a hill, on a narrow lane, with cars trying to pass, and general, 'wandering all over the road' type thing.  I don't know if its.....
a) because I've ridden on my own too long, and am intolerant
b) because these individuals haven't ridden in a group for a long time, and have forgotten
c) a+b
d) they just don't care.

If I said I was one of the youngest, you might get where I'm coming from.  Made car drivers raise their hands in despair, and made i cringe.

Any one else been out with a group and had a shock?

guidon:
Same over here in la Belle France after lockdown last year (we're right in it again after saturday....) the amount of "racers" crashing out in races was very shocking and road manners ..... well....how some chose to argue with 44 tonne lorries ???

freeflow:
My understanding is that we are limited to groups if six rather than solo or pairs.

Paul H:

--- Quote from: freeflow on 02 April, 2021, 09:42:56 am ---My understanding is that we are limited to groups if six rather than solo or pairs.

--- End quote ---
Depends who the "we" is.
In England, informal groups are limited to six, club rides, that meet the criteria, can run rides  for groups up to fifteen.
https://www.britishcycling.org.uk/about/article/20200512-about-bc-news-British-Cycling-Updated-Coronavirus-Guidance-0

Hot Flatus:
My club is asking people to social distance at the start and then set off in groups of six. Also noting down groups for track&trace

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version