Author Topic: Anybody tried Airofit?  (Read 2187 times)

Anybody tried Airofit?
« on: 29 April, 2021, 11:14:29 am »
As part of my desire to be fitter into old age I got hold of an airofit breath training device https://uk.airofit.com/.  Very similar to the standard breath trainers but with the addition of an app to help with training.  I have had it for a week now and enjoying it so far. Again like the running and all forms of training it is about consistency and a plan, which is what the app offers.  Very expensive new for what it is which seems to be just a way of measuring air flow.  I presume something like a pitot tube but cleverer people may know more?

I just wondered if anybody else had tried one and got any hints?

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
Re: Anybody tried Airofit?
« Reply #1 on: 29 April, 2021, 02:11:55 pm »
Git!  I've been thinking about getting something to help with respiratory rehab and now you've got my finger hovering over the button...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #2 on: 29 April, 2021, 06:30:07 pm »
Git!  I've been thinking about getting something to help with respiratory rehab and now you've got my finger hovering over the button...

Wait a month and you can see my usage stats and any improvement!  Then when I do not want I can sell it to you!!

Regulator

« Reply #3 on: 30 April, 2021, 07:33:36 am »
Bit late....  it's arriving by midday.   :-[

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #4 on: 30 April, 2021, 09:01:09 am »
There is always another sucker for these things!😂

« Reply #5 on: 30 April, 2021, 09:25:05 am »

You’re meant to blow 😒

« Reply #6 on: 30 April, 2021, 09:33:06 am »

You’re meant to blow 😒
There is always another inhaler for these things

Regulator

« Reply #7 on: 30 April, 2021, 10:01:08 am »

I'll be interested to see if there's any substantive change in lung function, which is pretty crap at the moment, having smoked for a long time and then getting swine 'flu.  The poor lung function was particularly noticeable last weekend, walking up a steep hill (also not helped by hayfever as well).

Edit:  the new shiny has just arrived.   :thumbsup:

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #8 on: 30 April, 2021, 10:17:25 am »
Looking forward to reviews  :thumbsup:
The sound of one pannier flapping

« Reply #9 on: 30 April, 2021, 10:10:52 pm »
Regulator, I know you are medical. I wondered if forceful exhalation against resistance was a good idea for you? Do you have a risk of making emphysema worse?  I have no knowledge of lung disease but you may want to ask the question before doing too much expiratory work.
Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm.

Regulator

« Reply #10 on: 01 May, 2021, 07:34:53 am »
Regulator, I know you are medical. I wondered if forceful exhalation against resistance was a good idea for you? Do you have a risk of making emphysema worse?  I have no knowledge of lung disease but you may want to ask the question before doing too much expiratory work.
Sorry to dampen the enthusiasm.

I did check with the GP when I first started thinking about it and she it would be OK.  I’ve been so distracted by other things that I hadn’t done anything about it until your post prompted me. 

Green Party Councillor

« Reply #11 on: 01 May, 2021, 01:30:42 pm »
Mr Smith was told not to use such things (after I bought one for him, obvs) for emphysema-related reasons.

Chris S

« Reply #12 on: 01 May, 2021, 02:07:38 pm »
Mr Smith was told not to use such things (after I bought one for him, obvs) for emphysema-related reasons.

Specifically, I was told that Inspiratory Muscle Training (which is what these things are for) would not help, and indeed might worsen the (albeit largely absent) symptoms of my emphysema.

Davef

Anybody tried Airofit?
« Reply #13 on: 01 May, 2021, 02:18:57 pm »
I was immediately sceptical when there was swimsuit clad female triathlete based advertising. Would be interested in real world feedback (no swimwear photos please)

Edit: dammit I am tempted now.

« Reply #14 on: 01 May, 2021, 03:35:01 pm »
Well regulator and I are both willing guinea pigs. I will certainly post my results in a few weeks.