Author Topic: York Rally 2021 Cancelled  (Read 1490 times)

York Rally 2021 Cancelled
« on: 25 January, 2021, 07:59:58 pm »
The committee have just shared that the rally has been cancelled in 2021 copy of text posted to facebook

There's no York Rally in 2021, but we’re hoping to be back on 17-19th June 2022!
At our recent virtual AGM and planning meeting, the all-volunteer York Rally organising committee unanimously decided that it is, regrettably, not possible to run the Rally in 2021.
Although restrictions may have eased by June, we cannot at this point be sufficiently confident to run the event. We had left the decision about a 2021 event as late as possible, hoping for more certainty by now, but the decision could not be postponed further simply because so many aspects of the Rally need booking and organising well in advance.
However, the committee is optimistic that we will be able to run a full York Rally in 2022. Of course this will have to be confirmed in due course (probably towards the end of this year) if circumstances permit.
If it can go ahead, it is likely to be on the weekend of 17-19th June 2022. These dates are still provisional, but please do put them in your diary for now – something to look forward to at last!
We’ll keep everyone informed of any updates.
Meanwhile, thank you to all of the York Rally’s volunteer officers and committee members who agreed to continue in their roles at the Rally’s AGM.
The committee will meet again (virtually) on the 24th April to discuss what if anything we can do mark the traditional Rally weekend in June. As ever, our meetings are open to all, so please do contact us if you would like to join.
But for now, let’s cross fingers for the next York Rally to take place on the weekend of 17-19th June 2022 – COVID permitting of course!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: York Rally 2021 Cancelled
« Reply #1 on: 25 January, 2021, 08:21:36 pm »
A wise decision.  Fingers crossed for 2022.

« Reply #2 on: 25 January, 2021, 08:25:47 pm »
I think that is a sensible decision, but I'm still really sad :'( Mind you, I'm determined to cycle camp the next one and I have some fitness to achieve before then, so the extra time is going to be helpful!
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #3 on: 25 January, 2021, 08:35:03 pm »
Sad to miss another year, seems like a sensible and necessary decision.  I know cycling events and weekends are quite trivial compared to the other impacts of covid.  However very much missed from my point of view.
Sunshine approaching from the South.

First time in 1,000 years.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #4 on: 01 February, 2021, 02:51:01 pm »
Sad to miss another year, seems like a sensible and necessary decision.  I know cycling events and weekends are quite trivial compared to the other impacts of covid.  However very much missed from my point of view.

Quite agree, I find I enjoy cycling events, be it day rides, or hostelling 'rough stuff winter weekends', more , and are far more memorable, than a week in Cornwall with the familly.  I must be sad, OR normal?   ::-)