Author Topic: Loadmytracks - GPS software for the Mac  (Read 4258 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Loadmytracks - GPS software for the Mac
« on: 12 April, 2008, 09:34:22 pm »
This is free stuff and version 1.0 works well. It loads the text files created in bikely, gmap-pedometer etc. to the Garmin unit.

Version 1.2 has been released and doesn't seem to work. I reverted to version 1.0.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Chris N

Re: Loadmytracks - GPS software for the Mac
« Reply #1 on: 13 April, 2008, 04:32:44 pm »
Good to hear - I'd use it, but only have a Serial-Garmin cable.  What do you use (adaptor or dedicated cable), wows?

aglet

« Reply #2 on: 13 April, 2008, 06:09:57 pm »
Good to hear - I'd use it, but only have a Serial-Garmin cable.  What do you use (adaptor or dedicated cable), wows?

I use a Keyspan USB adaptor, a Macbook, a Garmin Geko 201, and gpsbabel.

« Reply #3 on: 14 April, 2008, 09:46:20 am »
eBay special USB GPS cable (with built-in Prolific Serial/USB converter), the driver for it from sourceforge, a Mac Mini, basic yellow Garmin eTrex, gpsbabel.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #4 on: 18 April, 2008, 09:07:07 am »
This is free stuff and version 1.0 works well. It loads the text files created in bikely, gmap-pedometer etc. to the Garmin unit.

Version 1.2 has been released and doesn't seem to work. I reverted to version 1.0.

Version 1.2.1 is now out.  As it's come out so quickly after 1.2 my guess is that it is to correct problems with that release.  Probably worth giving it a go, Wow.

I've been using this on my Mac since I got a Garmin Vista HCx and it works great for uploading routes made on Marengo and then downloading track logs to see where I actually went.
The sound of one pannier flapping