Author Topic: PBP short brochure (plaquette)online...  (Read 22294 times)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: PBP short brochure (plaquette)online...
« Reply #100 on: 27 January, 2010, 11:16:29 am »
Now this is just what I needed to completely destroy my concentration for the rest of the day ;D
But with all this talk of 80, 84, 90 hour starts, one question: when do the tandems set off?

<------- thinking of a delicious tandem paceline.

In 2007 you could choose your nominal time but then you started in the first wave.

Not quite.  Velo Speciale (including tandems) could nominate for a 90 h or 84 h limit, not for an 80 h limit.  VS started 15 min before the first 'normal' wave for that start time.

IIRC it was 30 minutes in 2007 - we of the 90 hour Special Needs group set off at 21:00.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #101 on: 27 January, 2010, 11:40:31 am »
I thought that we were a bit misled regarding pre-qualification rides and only needed a 200, 300 and 400 in 2010.  Now it seems that a 600 and 1000 can also be used except there is only ONE 1000 in 2010 which filled up ages ago.

Therefore, can a 1000k perm be used?

If you really want to do a 1000(+) you can check complete BRM calendars:
http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/pbp2011/download/Calendrier_BRM_(Monde_2010).pdf
or
http://www.paris-brest-paris.org/pbp2011/download/Calendrier_BRM_(France_2010).pdf

There is a 1200 in Belgium, a 1200 in the Netherlands, there are three 1000s in Germany, three 1000s in Spain, eighteen(!) 1000s in France. And that's just my quick summary.
Forgive me Father, for I have sinned. It has been too many days since I have ridden through the night with a brevet card in my pocket...

simonp

« Reply #102 on: 27 January, 2010, 02:17:13 pm »
I thought that we were a bit misled regarding pre-qualification rides and only needed a 200, 300 and 400 in 2010.  Now it seems that a 600 and 1000 can also be used except there is only ONE 1000 in 2010 which filled up ages ago.

Therefore, can a 1000k perm be used?

Firstly, the idea that this has not been discussed before is wrong:

PBP 2011 qualification & entry

This was back in October last year, before the Mille Cymru filled up.

A 1000k perm cannot be used as it is not a BRM event.

However, the UK will have an allocation of around 400 places for PBP, and Mille Cymru, I expect, will only have around 50 finishers, so Mille Cymru will not be able to take up all the places.  How many of the 400 or so will do a 1000+ in 2010?  Very few.  There are likely to be more people doing 600s in the UK to make sure, but I doubt it'll be a problem.

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #103 on: 27 January, 2010, 07:47:47 pm »
No thing1 0500 minus 15 mins is 0445 not 1645.

and 1830 minus 15 mins is 1815 not 1645

Hmmm I don't follow then. From this comment: " VS started 15 min before the first 'normal' wave for that start time." I took this to mean 15 mins before the 80 hour solos leave, that being 5pm. Hence tandems leaving at 16:45 (regardless of the 'nominal' duration chosen)

Anyway, just as well we have 18 months to labour over these details  :D

border-rider

« Reply #104 on: 27 January, 2010, 07:51:55 pm »
I took this to mean 15 mins before the 80 hour solos leave, that being 5pm. Hence tandems leaving at 16:45 (regardless of the 'nominal' duration chosen)

No, it's 15 mins before the front of the nominal duration chosen - so 90 hr tandemistas leave 15 mins before the main field

thing1

• aka Joth
    • TandemThings
« Reply #105 on: 27 January, 2010, 09:55:40 pm »
Gotcha. I think the emphasis on 'nominal' mislead me.

« Reply #106 on: 11 February, 2010, 02:09:29 am »
I have also been told that I will be part of the French quota despite being an AUK member so the audax mile I ride in the UK this year gives you extra spaces for PBP!

is that not a matter of your choice as to whether you apply for a place through AUK or the French equivalent ?

Spencer Klaasen from the US (resident there) was classified as  a UK entrant last time

The system was changed last time. Up untill 2003 you were classified according to the licence you had (club/federation affiliation). From 2007 on you are classified according to your citizenship.
So I rode '95 for the Netherlands, '99 and '03 for Belgium and '07 again for the Netherlands.

This issue directly affects me so I decided to get more information. Peter Marshall of AUK told me I could choose either through my nationality or place of residence. However, Jean-Gualbert Faburel of ACP informed me that a decision hasn't been made on this issue yet but expects one before the summer.

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #107 on: 11 February, 2010, 09:07:12 am »
that's useful to know, i shall ride BRMs and see what happens next.

I have also been told that I will be part of the French quota despite being an AUK member so the audax mile I ride in the UK this year gives you extra spaces for PBP!

is that not a matter of your choice as to whether you apply for a place through AUK or the French equivalent ?

Spencer Klaasen from the US (resident there) was classified as  a UK entrant last time

The system was changed last time. Up untill 2003 you were classified according to the licence you had (club/federation affiliation). From 2007 on you are classified according to your citizenship.
So I rode '95 for the Netherlands, '99 and '03 for Belgium and '07 again for the Netherlands.

This issue directly affects me so I decided to get more information. Peter Marshall of AUK told me I could choose either through my nationality or place of residence. However, Jean-Gualbert Faburel of ACP informed me that a decision hasn't been made on this issue yet but expects one before the summer.
Chief cat entertainer.