General Category > Audax

Garmin edge 1000 beeps

(1/2) > >>

Doo:
Hi Folks,

My Garmin edge 1000 beeps like crazy when I'm running my dynamo to inform charging/not charging. Can I silence these beeps but keep other beeps, beeping (like off course alerts etc)

Any help much appreciated :)

Geriatricdolan:
Generally yes, you can.
Not sure how to in the 1000, but I have removed all the beeps in my 530. The Garmin website is generally quite good when you look at how to...

https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge1000/EN-US/GUID-3284B1A1-F2B5-467B-8782-70FDDC834360.html

Training beeps under training, other beeps under system settings /  tones.

The charge/not charge might be the difficult one though, as the device is not really been designed with charge on the go in mind, so they might not have thought about a way to remove that beep

Lightning Phil:
Most solutions involve putting a cache battery between the Dynamo and GPS. None of the. Garmins I’ve owned had an option to turn that power disconnected notification off.

chrisbainbridge:
As Phil says it is the one beep I can find no way of turning off. A cache battery with pass through chat ting is your friend. Then it becomes about the integrity of the micro usb connector!  There is a lovely topic in knowledge about how to make an adaptor for the undersurface battery mount pins.

ABAudax:
As mentioned above the use of a cache battery will stop the beep when garmin indicates it’s lost external power.

I used an eWERT and cache battery in the past but when that packed up and I tried to use the USB from my B&M the beep drove me mad

Ended up getting a garmin battery for my 1030 to address

Anton

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version