Author Topic: Heating on?  (Read 62149 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Heating on?
« Reply #225 on: 21 June, 2021, 07:16:23 pm »
Ah nothing like the smell of the heating turning on, on summer solstice
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #226 on: 21 June, 2021, 07:20:27 pm »
Yep, ours came on this morning.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #227 on: 21 June, 2021, 07:58:04 pm »
Yup.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #228 on: 21 June, 2021, 08:07:32 pm »
Mine switched on this morning.
Thermostat is the judge.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #229 on: 21 June, 2021, 08:19:35 pm »
I have just, in the past few minutes, pulled out of a planned skinny dip with a pal of mine. She's a hardy perennial and has been swimming throughout the winter, including when the water temperature was 2°C and the air temperature -2°C. She was perfectly understanding.

High tide is at 10.23 this evening, which would have been perfect had we been enjoying last Monday's weather instead of this. We haven't got the heating on, but are are dressed in more clothes than usual. 13°C outside at the moment, 19°C inside.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #230 on: 21 June, 2021, 08:20:55 pm »
I think the heating would probably have come on by now if I hadn't disconnected the interface for the benefit of the landlord's elec-chickens and failed to get round to reconnecting it because heatwave.

« Reply #231 on: 21 June, 2021, 08:22:35 pm »
Nope as house is still over 18c

« Reply #232 on: 21 June, 2021, 08:25:20 pm »
12°C outside  here.

ian

« Reply #233 on: 21 June, 2021, 08:37:15 pm »
Fired up here, the hallway dropped below 20 degrees, which is a rare occurrence in the summer months owing to the natural heat from the Hell portal below. Not sure if it came on this morning, I was busy sleeping. If there's one plus, the bedroom is cooler.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #234 on: 21 June, 2021, 08:39:25 pm »

Heating isn't on, but I forgot to close the window last night, so it got down to just over 18°C this morning, it's now back up to 22.6°C. Heating is disabled for the summer. It's been cloudy and raining all day, so not sure where the heat is coming from...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #235 on: 21 June, 2021, 09:19:50 pm »
No, 12c outside 20 inside. Went big on insulation last spring.
Move Faster and Bake Things

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #236 on: 21 June, 2021, 11:18:13 pm »
Haven't heard the boiler fired up for a while.
Room with the heating has been well over the set 18C for a while, despite being north facing and the outside temperature having varied in the teens the last few weeks, garage is also warm and holding heat which might be due to lack of roof insulation and getting sunlight on the tiles most of the day (wonders what that might be useful for...)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #237 on: 22 June, 2021, 08:50:38 am »
To my mind this just shows the silliness of letting your heating be controlled solely by a thermostat, taking no notice of factors like time of day, how long it stays at that temperature, humidity, sunshine and so on. YHMV.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #238 on: 22 June, 2021, 08:51:50 am »
To my mind this just shows the silliness of letting your heating be controlled solely by a thermostat, taking no notice of factors like time of day, how long it stays at that temperature, humidity, sunshine and so on. YHMV.
My thermostat does all that. (Except for humidity)
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

ian

« Reply #239 on: 22 June, 2021, 08:55:59 am »
Indeed, so does mine, and it's cold so it came on. I think the only other variable is the fact I'm determined to wear shorts till October.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #240 on: 22 June, 2021, 09:12:06 am »
Down from ~27°C to 17 this morning. It's pissing down. Still 25° indoors, though.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #241 on: 22 June, 2021, 09:46:32 am »
I was regretting the switch to my summer weight duvet at audax o'clock this morning.

(For clarity, the regretting was happening in the early hours. The switch from Many Togs to Few Togs happened a couple of weeks ago)
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #242 on: 22 June, 2021, 10:14:04 am »
Mine didn't come on.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #243 on: 23 June, 2021, 10:12:06 pm »

My CH controller has settings for what I define as 'night' and different settings for Mon-Fri and Sat/Sun.

I'm happy with the temperature in the house come rain or shine.

Dehumidifiers are in action and have humidistats too.

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #244 on: 23 June, 2021, 11:15:26 pm »

Heating still not on. But have dug out an extra wool blanket as my duvet isn't warm enough.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
« Reply #245 on: 24 June, 2021, 12:09:31 am »

Works fine for me, not been cold at all, and actually it's set to 14 overnight
The only improvement would be temperature controlled TRVs because in winter the north rooms are cold while the south rooms are warm and having the control unit in a north room means I'm fiddling with the trvs in the south rooms.

Relative Humidity isn't getting much below 80 round here until winter either...

4.5 tog duvet went on around the same time as the house started holding heat obtained from outside through the night rather than needing assistance from the north sea.
Even cooking I seem to struggle to use more £ worth of gas than my standing charge just now.

« Reply #246 on: 17 August, 2021, 08:14:43 am »
This morning, the stat was within 0.5C of turning the heating on.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Snakehips

• Twixt London and leafy Surrey
« Reply #247 on: 17 August, 2021, 08:56:38 am »
Huh!
Mine came on briefly a couple of days ago but only because I had changed the controller and overlooked the fact that the new default settings would be different to those on the old one.  :facepalm:
An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur?

« Reply #248 on: 21 August, 2021, 07:51:26 am »
The cat’s coat is starting to grow thicker.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #249 on: 21 August, 2021, 02:55:58 pm »
Mine was on briefly yesterday, but only to test the new boiler. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see it kicking in soon - it's been a bit chilly in the mornings recently.