Author Topic: Your fatbike  (Read 80669 times)

Your fatbike
« on: 13 October, 2014, 06:48:38 pm »
Stick your fatties here, I know I'm not the only one :thumbsup:

OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
Re: Your fatbike
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2014, 09:46:12 pm »
My current one

« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2014, 09:54:09 pm »
Still love that :thumbsup:

Not expecting this thread to get busy (think theres 4 of us), but we can stick a few pics up when we get the urge!
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2014, 10:02:18 pm »
And I suspect there are plenty of non owners on here who are very keen to enjoy this thread. There's at least one anyway  ;D
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

« Reply #4 on: 13 October, 2014, 10:19:32 pm »
You will eventually sucuumb.

I did 8)

« Reply #5 on: 14 October, 2014, 06:19:22 am »
I've got as far as tentatively asking if my LBS could get hold of a Farley 6 in my size.

They couldn't, sold out for this year  :thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: 14 October, 2014, 08:08:50 am »
Looks like there may well be six of us on here soon ;D

PaulF

« Reply #7 on: 14 October, 2014, 09:13:55 am »
Now I'm back at my PC (can't copy from Flickr easily on the iPad) here's some shots of my old Pugsley:

Devil's Punchbowl by paulfulford, on Flickr

And the same spot a few months later

First Tracks by paulfulford, on Flickr

It can get too deep even for a fatbike

In too deep? by paulfulford, on Flickr

Goes quite well on sand too

The Day Before Christmas by paulfulford, on Flickr

image by paulfulford, on Flickr

PaulF

« Reply #8 on: 14 October, 2014, 09:17:43 am »
I've got as far as tentatively asking if my LBS could get hold of a Farley 6 in my size.

They couldn't, sold out for this year  :thumbsup:

Plenty of other brands....

« Reply #9 on: 14 October, 2014, 09:22:27 am »
Can't wait for snow Paul.

PaulF

« Reply #10 on: 14 October, 2014, 09:32:54 am »
Me neither, that's when you see the real advantage. Regular mountain bikes just sink right in. Only downside is that SPD's get clogged. Had to break off mid ride to visit my LBS and ask:

1. If they had any flats in stock

2. If so could I have them on credit as I didn't have my wallet

10  minutes later they were fitted and I was back on the trail :thumbsup:

« Reply #11 on: 14 October, 2014, 10:48:37 am »
That's good, I've gone back to flats too. Spds are too risky on rocky, technical sections. It's nice to dab down when it's going pear shaped

Like my bones and teeth too much ;D

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: 14 October, 2014, 11:01:03 am »

That's a marvellous photo, worthy of a poster or the back page of a magazine  :D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: 14 October, 2014, 12:08:09 pm »
*nods*

Gorgeous.

Makes me want a fatbike and I don't even want a fatbike :)

« Reply #14 on: 14 October, 2014, 12:22:13 pm »
I want snow and a fatbike to ride over it.

Even 1.75" tyres are bloody hard work over icy snow ruts. Constantly fighting tramlining and the jarring.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #15 on: 14 October, 2014, 12:23:38 pm »

That's a marvellous photo, worthy of a poster or the back page of a magazine  :D

Thank you ;)

You should all get a fatbike, then we could have a fat forum weekend, sunshine or snow :thumbsup:

« Reply #16 on: 19 October, 2014, 08:00:11 pm »
This thread is evil.

Just told my lbs that if they manage to find a Farley 6 in 21.5, I'll take it.

They've emailed TREK UK and are waiting for a response.

I went in and sat on a 19.6 they are fitting with XX1 earlier. It's a lovely bit of kit.

« Reply #17 on: 19 October, 2014, 08:04:31 pm »
Oh dear ;D

« Reply #18 on: 19 October, 2014, 08:07:42 pm »
It was this that did for me
Trek Farley Winter Enduro Test: http://youtu.be/l5imnNWWabA

That and the chap in the LBS talking about off piste descents of Otley Chevin. I do actually need one. Nit just want one.  ;D

« Reply #19 on: 19 October, 2014, 08:17:54 pm »
They must be able to get 21.5 frame, it's a bit errrr, big :P
You do need one, you're correct. It'll be the other bikes you don't need once the trek arrives :thumbsup:

I'm rather addicted to mine, I can stop using it, or tinkering with it or just looking at it :facepalm:

« Reply #20 on: 19 October, 2014, 08:21:37 pm »
Bad bad thread. I don't need another bike... even though the Devinci Dexter has convinced me that fatter is better (2.35 vs 2.0) and I still miss my old rigid evo2.

This video is the closest to being my undoing, and if it snows it will be curtain - my sort of ride

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcR-KhNEb0Q

Nice to see all the bikes on this thread...

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #21 on: 19 October, 2014, 08:54:58 pm »
From last weeks trip to the west coast

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #22 on: 19 October, 2014, 09:11:46 pm »
Bad bad thread. I don't need another bike... even though the Devinci Dexter has convinced me that fatter is better (2.35 vs 2.0) and I still miss my old rigid evo2.

This video is the closest to being my undoing, and if it snows it will be curtain - my sort of ride

The evo2 is still being used, got shod with some Bontrager Hardcase H2s at the weekend, ready for commuting through the mean streets of Leeds, from tomorrow)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #23 on: 19 October, 2014, 10:39:06 pm »

The evo2 is still being used, got shod with some Bontrager Hardcase H2s at the weekend, ready for commuting through the mean streets of Leeds, from tomorrow)

They look like nice tyres for the purpose. Be good to catch up one morning if you've time too?

I've actually got most of the bits needed to build another Evo2 - i.e. frame, wheels most of a groupset - not that I really want one of those. If I can sort forks and brakes then it'll be ready to roll in a tatty fashion. Paint needed to make it beautiful, but fixing Sue's up has inspired me. I've been toying with a pair of Schwalbe Big Ben's in 26 by 2.35 to go on, as it seems the Super Moto is no longer actually available in 26 inch size. Probably a project for next year as I've got a Gillott to sort out first.

Mike

« Reply #24 on: 20 October, 2014, 10:15:00 pm »
They must be able to get 21.5 frame, it's a bit errrr, big :P
You do need one, you're correct. It'll be the other bikes you don't need once the trek arrives :thumbsup:

I'm rather addicted to mine, I can stop using it, or tinkering with it or just looking at it :facepalm:

Sold out until next autumn. Have had LBS email and beg. Nothing doing.

Boo hoo.