Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2435447 times)

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #375 on: 02 July, 2008, 09:56:26 pm »
I love the way you've scattered flower petals around your bike. Is it love?  :-* ;)
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

Rollo

« Reply #376 on: 02 July, 2008, 10:20:36 pm »
I'd put the mudguard-stay quick-release doofers back - they're a bit more important now the stays attach at the dropouts.

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #377 on: 02 July, 2008, 10:32:54 pm »
Just finished a new bike for my girlfriend, 

... Trek 1.2 WSD 47cm frame with Mavic Kysrium Equipe wheels
... TA Carmina 165mm 26-36-46, this gives roughly 24" to 95" gear ratios with 13-29 cassette
... Campagnolo Record Red label Ergo, indulged here as personally I prefer to the non QS front shifting and clunkier gear change.
... Campagnolo Comp triple mech with 13-29 cassette
... Campagnolo Comp Front mech, dsigned for larger rings, as you can see the outer plate does not follow the chain ring line, but it still works well enough.
... Short depth bars,
... Cateye Strada Wireless computer

Nice bike, boy are you smitten!

As for Louisa she thought it looked lovely, although when I started to tell her the thought that went into the equipment choices I could see her eyes glazing over  ::-)  ;D

Listen, if it doesn't work out between you two, well, I'm just saying, my eyes wouldn't be glazing over...  :-*

Shimano R650 57mm brakes

Hmm, so you're not completely smitten after all? ;)

Seriously - that's a fabulous bike. I hope you four have thousands of happy miles together.
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #378 on: 02 July, 2008, 10:36:11 pm »
I love the way you've scattered flower petals around your bike. Is it love?  :-* ;)

Of course.

« Reply #379 on: 02 July, 2008, 10:37:11 pm »
I'd put the mudguard-stay quick-release doofers back - they're a bit more important now the stays attach at the dropouts.

Oh.  I couldn't figure out how they worked.  I had to use some old mudguard guides as the ones on the original pic were too short.  I suppose I can just move the quick release over easily?  I will have a look.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #380 on: 02 July, 2008, 10:40:16 pm »
SKS have redesigned the mudguard fixing so you can't adjust it, and the stays are very long, so I fitted my latest 'guards without the secu-clips.

I might revisit now I've adapted SKS' brilliant innovation back to something workable.
Getting there...

CathH

« Reply #381 on: 04 July, 2008, 11:31:44 am »

My bike hasn't been seen on here for a while.  Nothing's changed as such apart from new lights and tyres.  He's looking relaxed by the canal before the ride home.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #382 on: 04 July, 2008, 11:33:05 am »
A perfect scene. Made me smile. :)
Getting there...

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #383 on: 05 July, 2008, 09:02:55 pm »
Getting there...

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #384 on: 05 July, 2008, 09:11:15 pm »
oi you evil little GIT , show us some more pictures !!!!
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #385 on: 05 July, 2008, 09:15:57 pm »
oi you evil little GIT , show us some more pictures !!!!

Not till it's finished at the end of the month...  :P

vince

« Reply #386 on: 06 July, 2008, 09:28:23 am »
My Dawes Sardar, bought from Alan last year and a godsend in the Welsh hills:

I would like to fit lighter forks and get a green respray. On other days I want to keep the forks and fit a disc, it all depends on the hill I've just been up.

My summer bike:

This was the bike I bought when I started to become interested in longer rides. I took a significant chunk of my student loan and was worth it 8)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #387 on: 06 July, 2008, 10:41:39 am »

Oh.  I couldn't figure out how they worked.  I had to use some old mudguard guides as the ones on the original pic were too short.  I suppose I can just move the quick release over easily?  I will have a look.

I would STRONGLY recommend that you fit the plastic quick release clips for the mudguard stays - readers may recall that last November one of my cycling club pals caught a bit of stick in his front guard (with fixed stays), was catapulted over the bars, landed on his (helmeted) head but broke his neck and back - resulting in the life support system having to be switched off a few days later   :( :(     

Not sure what the outcome would have been if he had the QR mudguards ... but seems a good idea to take precautions.

Rob

cookiemonster

« Reply #388 on: 06 July, 2008, 10:53:52 pm »
My new-ish bike

Sorry that the quality isn't great, it was taken with my dodgy old camera

« Reply #389 on: 06 July, 2008, 11:05:36 pm »
[img]

This should be my pride and joy but I cannot see what I am uploading!!
A smaller picture is to the left! - My ride from Poole to Hengistbury Head.

« Reply #390 on: 07 July, 2008, 08:23:30 am »
[img]

This should be my pride and joy but I cannot see what I am uploading!!
A smaller picture is to the left! - My ride from Poole to Hengistbury Head.

OK, it looks like you haven't got an image in your post.  Assuming you've uploaded the image onto a suitable website (like Flikr or something of that ilk), and you've got the URL of the image alone, you'll need to put that URL between some "img" tags eg like this:

[img]http://www.server.goes.here.com/filename_here.gif[/img]

Use the "Reply with quote" feature on somebody else's post to see what they've done.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)
Actually, it is rocket science.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #391 on: 07 July, 2008, 10:07:30 am »
Vince, that lifebelt on the Cougar seems oversized for the type of bike.
Getting there...

« Reply #392 on: 07 July, 2008, 06:43:10 pm »
Vince, that lifebelt on the Cougar seems oversized for the type of bike.

Also: please be cautious. No matter how tempting that "special reduced rate" sounds, don't pay the ferryman. Don't even fix a price.

< runs >
scottclark.photoshelter.com

donpedro

• ain`t haulin` any lambs to the marketplace anymore
    • But, I'm Swedish!
« Reply #393 on: 07 July, 2008, 07:12:28 pm »
My Dawes Sardar, bought from Alan last year and a godsend in the Welsh hills:

I would like to fit lighter forks and get a green respray. On other days I want to keep the forks and fit a disc, it all depends on the hill I've just been up.

Give it a rest! The Sardar is a proper camping tourer not a get-there-in-a-hurry-bike! Shame on Dawes for replacing such good frame with a disposable "soda-can" version this year! ;)
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."

vince

« Reply #394 on: 10 July, 2008, 11:24:39 pm »
I don't understand why they did it either. I thought the Sardar was one of a kind at that price point and very good value. The thing I love about this bike is that if the mood took me I reckon I could ride out one day and not stop (visas permitting) until I arrived at my brother's place in the middle of Africa for a beer. Until then it can continue to do excellent service in the Welsh hills.

« Reply #395 on: 11 July, 2008, 07:54:21 pm »

A black fixed with nitto racks front and rear, midge bars, brooks saddle and V-brakes?

Got one of them.  :thumbsup:

That looks awfully like an on-one crankset too, only yours must be new 'coz the shiny chrome finish hasn't started pealing off yet.  :-\
Don't ask.

vince

« Reply #396 on: 11 July, 2008, 08:01:54 pm »
Good grief Luke, where had you ridden that to?

« Reply #397 on: 11 July, 2008, 08:02:41 pm »
Ooh, I will *hopefully* have new bike pics to post in here tomorrow.

Fingers crossed.

« Reply #398 on: 11 July, 2008, 08:14:37 pm »
Good grief Luke, where had you ridden that to?

I rode up to Berwick upon Tweed over 4 days last week. The photo was taken at Seahouses shortly before getting there.

Spent the past week chasing recumbent tricyclists all over Northumberland and the borders area.  :thumbsup:
Don't ask.

Chris N

« Reply #399 on: 11 July, 2008, 10:53:17 pm »

A black fixed with nitto racks front and rear, midge bars, brooks saddle and V-brakes?

Got one of them.  :thumbsup:

Nice!