Author Topic: Rando Imperator  (Read 7653 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
Re: Rando Imperator
« Reply #25 on: 31 May, 2019, 04:08:05 pm »
Have a look at https://www.audaxitalia.it/index.php?pg=omologazioni_strada and click the link for <04/05/2019 600km Monaco> (no, I don't know why either). I suspect that the ACP club numbers might be a bit muddled for the non-Italian riders, hence why you are having problems finding your homologation number.

Looking at the spreadsheet results, there are quite a few folk listed with 40:00 finish times, so it looks like an allowance was made for the conditions and the 40km over-distance. 52 finishers from about 270 starters shows how tough the conditions were...
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Zed43

• prefers UK hills over Dutch mountains
« Reply #26 on: 31 May, 2019, 08:38:51 pm »
Yes, those of us who finished got this link from the organizers two days ago with "due to the prohibitive weather conditions, we too had a hard time with staff and we found problems that turned into errors. We apologize for this immediately. The main problem is that the lists on which we pinned your passages got wet."  ;D My own time is not correct, but who cares.

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #27 on: 31 May, 2019, 09:03:00 pm »
Those who DNFed also got that link.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Zed43

« Reply #28 on: 04 May, 2022, 06:09:14 pm »
Resurrecting an old topic, as the Rando Imperator once again starts this Saturday at the ungodly hour of 4:30am

Anyone else from here riding it?

Predicted weather is wet wet wet with force 4 head winds for the last 100km in the Po valley.

Flâneur

• ♫ P*nctured bicycle on a hillside desolate...
« Reply #29 on: 10 December, 2023, 07:38:45 pm »
Not sure if anyone is planning on this for 2024.

I'm undecided, it looks like online registration should be open but I am utterly failing on several devices, browsers and languages to see where one can enter:

https://witoor.com/en/rando-imperator/munich-ferrara/

« Reply #30 on: 10 December, 2023, 08:16:25 pm »
In the Italian page 'Notizie' it says: "Le iscrizioni apriranno nei prossimi giorni", which implies it's actually not open yet.

That was on Dec 7th, and there's been a weekend in between, so maybe "real soon now" - next couple of days?

« Reply #31 on: 11 December, 2023, 08:37:58 am »
I don't think entries opened until January, the year we did it

« Reply #32 on: 11 December, 2023, 12:36:28 pm »
Hi All
Can someone who has ridden this event confirm how much gravel is involved and is it rideable on 28mm road tyres ?
Many thanks

Flâneur

• ♫ P*nctured bicycle on a hillside desolate...
« Reply #33 on: 11 December, 2023, 12:36:42 pm »
Thanks both. Will keep an eye out for it opening.

« Reply #34 on: 11 December, 2023, 12:53:04 pm »
According to the Italian Audax site ARI, registration does not open until 4th March 2024.

« Reply #35 on: 11 December, 2023, 12:54:30 pm »
The Italian version of page is stuck in 2022!  Appears they opened entries on 12th December in 2022.

Iscrizioni aperte dal 12 dicembre 2022! Per te anche hotel e transfer a prezzi speciali

« Reply #36 on: 11 December, 2023, 02:22:31 pm »
Seems to be open now - EarlyBird price till January 6!

https://witoor.com/rando-imperator/monaco-ferrara/

Zed43

« Reply #37 on: 30 December, 2023, 09:25:39 am »
Can someone who has ridden this event confirm how much gravel is involved and is it rideable on 28mm road tyres ?

50-ish km of hardpack / semi-paved forest roads until Nassereith, and a few 100 metres gnarly stuff in the city of Peschiera del Garda. Mind you, I never did the final bit of climbing the Fernpass on gravel but took the main road here (technically you're not allowed to cycle on this road, but a friendly wave to a posting police car seems to be sufficient to be in the clear  :D)

28mm tyres should be ok.

« Reply #38 on: 30 December, 2023, 07:57:34 pm »
50-ish km of hardpack / semi-paved forest roads until Nassereith, and a few 100 metres gnarly stuff in the city of Peschiera del Garda. Mind you, I never did the final bit of climbing the Fernpass on gravel but took the main road here (technically you're not allowed to cycle on this road, but a friendly wave to a posting police car seems to be sufficient to be in the clear  :D)

28mm tyres should be ok.

Thankyou

Zed43

« Reply #39 on: 30 December, 2023, 08:30:50 pm »
Bring proper waterproofs...

« Reply #40 on: 31 December, 2023, 05:58:21 pm »
And a warm jacket.

valkyrie

• Look at the state of your face!
    • West Lothian Clarion
« Reply #41 on: 13 January, 2024, 06:39:35 pm »
Does anyone know if the organisers or the hotels will store a bike bag? I'm looking to fly, probably into Munich then take the bus back to Munich after the finish.
World Class Excuses for Piss-Poor Performances

« Reply #42 on: 13 January, 2024, 08:36:41 pm »
Does anyone know if the organisers or the hotels will store a bike bag? I'm looking to fly, probably into Munich then take the bus back to Munich after the finish.

Hi
I emailed the organisers previously and they can store a soft bike bag but not a hard bike box.