Author Topic: True Flandrian  (Read 1208 times)

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
True Flandrian
« on: 27 November, 2023, 10:01:21 pm »
From https://www.cyclinginflanders.cc/flandrien-challenge#!
“Flanders, the heartland of cycling, is calling you for an unbelievable experience. Hit 59 iconic berg & cobble segments, marked on the road and tracked online, in less than 72 hours.

If you succeed, we’ll make you a legend: with your own personalised stone on the wall of fame of the Centre Ronde van Vlaanderen in Oudenaarde.”

This looks quite tempting for an ego-boost. I’ve ridden the Ronde van Vlaanderen sportif and really enjoyed the pave and bergs. I suppose this is the next step up with about 5500m altitude gain in a bit over 400km. Being a permanent, you don’t have to weave your way around the middle-aged blokes also having problems up the steep bits during the Ronde and might even have decent weather.
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

sam

Re: True Flandrian
« Reply #1 on: 28 November, 2023, 12:07:33 am »
I guess when they suggest you eat pain for breakfast, they don't mean bread.

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #2 on: 28 November, 2023, 12:04:57 pm »
I guess when they suggest you eat pain for breakfast, they don't mean bread.
The countryside is more suited to a good brood.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #3 on: 07 January, 2024, 03:21:38 pm »
<bump> to help me not lose this. It could be a great ride over 2-4 days, and might make a good basis for a group tour of mixed abilties.

[I won't bore you with my epic pics from the Koppenberg '22 ...  O:-)   
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #4 on: 07 January, 2024, 03:45:42 pm »
This looks very interesting, I think their 3 day route looks good, I'd do the 2 Oudenarde days first probably.