Author Topic: The Bridge 2 / Bron 2  (Read 5944 times)

Re: The Bridge 2 / Bron 2
« Reply #25 on: 13 January, 2014, 08:24:15 am »
I don't intend to put spoiler alerts here, as those that don't want to get up-to-date can simply avoid the thread.

I watched the first two episodes last night. Lots of intertwining threads, and Martin is turning into a devil-may-care psycho. Two nutters in a police car, hmmm.

Early days yet, but the signs are promising. I can't see Jakob surviving the whole series, though...
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
The Bridge 2 / Bron 2
« Reply #26 on: 13 January, 2014, 08:47:27 am »
Love this series so far.

The disposal of the gang was a genuine shock - though kind of predictable when you think about it. Poor Linus. :(

Jakob is definitely going to come a cropper. But not before some act of hubris derails the investigation.

Still trying to work out where sex-mad sister fits in the story. And the creepy husband with the ill-fitting suits.

Also wonder if Jens is going to turn out to be the Hannibal Lecter-style consultant psycho.

The only problem I have with it is although the writing and acting are superb, some of the camerawork is distinctly shoddy. Lots of odd wobbles, jumpy zooms and mistimed cuts. Bizarre. It's like they've employed the team that shoots football for ITV.

Still, substance vs style, innit. I'd far rather watch this than ruddy Sherlock.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #27 on: 14 January, 2014, 05:36:17 pm »
I think the nympho sister is having an affair with her B-i-L. The sister used her as an alibi when he found the two glasses and he seemed surprised when she said so.

There's a higher body count than bit-part actors on a Star Trek away team!

The big question is who is/are Mr/Mrs Big?

I get the feeling, now I've mentioned Star Trek, that the actress playing Saga Norén is basing her on TNG's Data. Even down to the confusion mannerisms.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

citoyen

« Reply #28 on: 14 January, 2014, 05:39:43 pm »
he seemed surprised when she said so.

Also note his delayed plane excuse... What has he been up to, eh? We did wonder if he's Mr Big, but I can't imagine a high-level gangster wearing the wrong size suit.

« Reply #29 on: 14 January, 2014, 06:36:02 pm »
I really like the series too.

I get the feeling, now I've mentioned Star Trek, that the actress playing Saga Norén is basing her on TNG's Data. Even down to the confusion mannerisms.

As much as I try to banish the thoughts, I just can't get away from thinking that they've pushed Saga's character a bit too far - sometimes she is just so extreme in her [seeming] lack of emotional empathy, and so wooden it's really bizarre. She even walks like a puppet sometimes. All that stuff about reading books about relationships? Just seemed a bit naff to me.

Still kind of like her though :)
Garry Broad

« Reply #30 on: 16 January, 2014, 05:49:04 pm »
Dude, you haven't worked with some of the people at my place. We have an in joke re saga and a couple of real life peeps...

« Reply #31 on: 16 January, 2014, 05:59:59 pm »
Reading about her character online, it seems she has Aspergers. Some quick reading would support this to a great extent, though Saga's motor skills seem fine.

Rasmus' exasperation at the way Saga treats him has turned into sarcasm, and that has been taken literally a couple of times and pointed out by Martin as piss-taking. Talking of Rasmus, I wonder when he gets to face the music about his misdemeanours?

citoyen

« Reply #32 on: 16 January, 2014, 06:05:17 pm »
I just can't get away from thinking that they've pushed Saga's character a bit too far

I think it's teetering on the brink at times. They seem to be playing it a bit more for laughs in this series, especially with the boyfriend situation, but I hope they don't push it too far that way because it would spoil it.

« Reply #33 on: 16 January, 2014, 06:19:13 pm »

Also note his delayed plane excuse... What has he been up to, eh? We did wonder if he's Mr Big, but I can't imagine a high-level gangster wearing the wrong size suit.

Mrs delayed plane birthday girl has a big European climate change poster of some sort on her wall at work...

« Reply #34 on: 16 January, 2014, 10:08:51 pm »

Mrs delayed plane birthday girl has a big European climate change poster of some sort on her wall at work...

It's an EU conference that she is organising

Martin was originally on the security team for it.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

citoyen

« Reply #35 on: 19 January, 2014, 10:40:11 pm »
Just caught up with the latest two eps. Superb!

« Reply #36 on: 20 January, 2014, 02:37:50 pm »
I think the nympho sister is having an affair with her B-i-L. The sister used her as an alibi when he found the two glasses and he seemed surprised when she said so....
And now we know you were right.  :thumbsup:

Gossip:
The actress who plays Saga Noren got her facial scars in a cycling accident when she was 24. Broken bones, too. She still rides a bike. Says it makes her feel free.

"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #37 on: 22 January, 2014, 07:15:44 pm »
Our office gossip says ' dying girls brother is the villain'
My own wild guess is that the girl trying to get martin into her knickers is the one wot done it. But that's not a real guess, unless I'm right.

« Reply #38 on: 26 January, 2014, 10:42:08 am »
Our office gossip says ' dying girls brother is the villain'
My own wild guess is that the girl trying to get martin into her knickers is the one wot done it. But that's not a real guess, unless I'm right.
Last night's evidence would suggest the office gossips have it right. We now have incest and sapphism thrown into the mix. All we need now is a bit of bestiality and that would be a royal flush for the series!

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #39 on: 26 January, 2014, 11:13:41 am »
I reckon poor old Jens will solve it all and then top himself.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #40 on: 26 January, 2014, 12:43:55 pm »
With all the Munchausen about I'm worried that Martin might be poisoning Jens. Or maybe Jens is poisoning himself to put the blame on Martin?

Anyway the creepy brother and Pernille did it.

Maybe.
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

citoyen

« Reply #41 on: 26 January, 2014, 02:08:32 pm »
There has to be someone inside the police involved in some way and Pernille would be a good bet. It's not Rasmus - he's too incompetent.

« Reply #42 on: 26 January, 2014, 02:17:44 pm »
I never watch these sort of things, I liked the review on the Charlie Brooker show, at 5 mins 25 secs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaCZfitsgCs

Jakob

« Reply #43 on: 01 February, 2014, 07:34:57 am »
Finally caught up with this. Took a few episodes to get going, but it's pretty good now!
Some of the translation is odd, though.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #44 on: 01 February, 2014, 08:23:41 am »
Some of the translation is odd, though.
I have lost my understanding of Swedish it been a while since I heard it regularly.  It did my head in reading the subbed Swedish to double check if i got it right. So I read all the subs now which means I'm on the same page as Peli.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Jakob

« Reply #45 on: 01 February, 2014, 08:54:14 am »
Yeah, my Swedish listening ability has also mostly disappeared, although it improved after going through the Dragon Tattoo and Wallander series.

citoyen

« Reply #46 on: 01 February, 2014, 09:02:25 am »
Bridge stars on BBC Breakfast:
http://youtu.be/ZKkXLB09h3w

Sofia Helin scrubs up well, doesn't she?

« Reply #47 on: 01 February, 2014, 10:48:43 am »
Bridge stars on BBC Breakfast:
http://youtu.be/ZKkXLB09h3w

Sofia Helin scrubs up well, doesn't she?

Think I prefer her as Saga.

Not being in the habit of watching TV before about 9pm who were the two creeps doing the interview?
― Douglas Adams

citoyen

« Reply #48 on: 01 February, 2014, 10:53:41 am »
Dunno, just some identikit BBC drones. The girl is Susanna something, apparently quite popular with gentlemen of low ambition.

« Reply #49 on: 01 February, 2014, 02:05:44 pm »
A better interview with the Bridge stars

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03sb3zr

First item in the program
― Douglas Adams