Author Topic: Bron / Broen 3  (Read 5804 times)

Bron / Broen 3
« on: 17 November, 2015, 11:44:00 am »
New series starts

BBC4 Sat 21st Nov 9 pm
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Re: Bron / Broen 3
« Reply #1 on: 17 November, 2015, 12:36:13 pm »
(Throws hat in air, shouts "HURRAH")

Though I've read that S3 won't have Rohde in it and not just because his character is in the slammer.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #2 on: 22 November, 2015, 01:25:35 am »
I knew the transport company boss was a wrong 'un as soon as I clapped eyes on him (I think he's been a villain in some other Scandicrimething) but what's the relationship between the slightly creepy Steve Buscemi wannabe Danish copper and the woman he apparently lives with ???

« Reply #3 on: 22 November, 2015, 08:50:26 pm »
Just watched the 1st 2 episodes on iplayer.  Setting up nicely ;-)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: 22 November, 2015, 09:44:22 pm »
I knew the transport company boss was a wrong 'un as soon as I clapped eyes on him (I think he's been a villain in some other Scandicrimething) but what's the relationship between the slightly creepy Steve Buscemi wannabe Danish copper and the woman he apparently lives with ???

Mmm yes they are weird aren't they!
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #5 on: 22 November, 2015, 10:52:54 pm »

I knew the transport company boss was a wrong 'un as soon as I clapped eyes on him (I think he's been a villain in some other Scandicrimething)

He was one of the politicians in series 3 of Forbrydelsen.

but what's the relationship between the slightly creepy Steve Buscemi wannabe Danish copper and the woman he apparently lives with ???

There's a plausible theory being discussed BTL on the grauniad blog but I won't repeat it here in case it's correct and therefore a spoiler.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #6 on: 23 November, 2015, 03:05:32 am »

I knew the transport company boss was a wrong 'un as soon as I clapped eyes on him (I think he's been a villain in some other Scandicrimething)

He was one of the politicians in series 3 of Forbrydelsen.

The Prime Minister, in fact.  And he's actually Faroese!

but what's the relationship between the slightly creepy Steve Buscemi wannabe Danish copper and the woman he apparently lives with ???

There's a plausible theory being discussed BTL on the grauniad blog but I won't repeat it here in case it's correct and therefore a spoiler.

I suspect than in an unusual reversal of historic immigration his forbears are from Norfolk and she's his sister :P

« Reply #7 on: 23 November, 2015, 11:45:06 am »

I suspect than in an unusual reversal of historic immigration his forbears are from Norfolk and she's his sister :P

(click to show/hide)
“There is no point in using the word 'impossible' to describe something that has clearly happened.”
― Douglas Adams

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #8 on: 29 November, 2015, 01:16:43 am »
Thanks to the miracle of television I now know the English equivalents of the Scandiwegian terms "cold case", "chloroform" and "fuck", but I'm even more puzzled about other things, especially how Saga always manages to park bang outside the front door of Malmö cop shop.  I'm 99% sure that the woman at Marc's poker game is the now-retired Counsellor Posh-Hippie from the Gulag.  And I think I saw Lukas' beardy henchman supporting gravel-voiced alt-country cyclist Ben Weaver at the Luminare in Kilburn a couple of years ago.  He played blues guitar and called himself "Svante Sjöblom" but I'm not fooled.

(click to show/hide)

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 29 November, 2015, 09:54:08 pm »
Haha, I was right about Henrik's friend in ep 2  :smug:

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #10 on: 29 November, 2015, 11:17:28 pm »
... especially how Saga always manages to park bang outside the front door of Malmö cop shop...

'Cos nobody else would dare park there, obv.

« Reply #11 on: 30 November, 2015, 11:41:07 am »
Caught up with eps 3 & 4 last night.

Saga's chat up technique hasn't improved has it and as for her new boss - sensitivity training - seriously?

(click to show/hide)
― Douglas Adams

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #12 on: 30 November, 2015, 04:24:27 pm »
I think Jeanette was driving an elderly Renault Twingo so it probably didn't even have central locking, never mind all that new-fangled "lock the doors at 6 mph" gubbins.  I don't think my motor-car does that either and it's a lot newer.  I've only ever encountered it in USAnian hire cars; over there crims will haul you out of your vehicle at the traffic lights and pistol-whip you for the price of a Drugs, or so I've read in the Daily Mail.

Linn is just a bit clueless although Saga doing sensitivity training would supply some excellent joke comedy opportunities.

« Reply #13 on: 30 November, 2015, 07:49:38 pm »
Maybe, my 2004 Honda Civic has them so I assumed most reasonably modern cars would have. Mine are the type you have to switch on from inside but if I was carrying a bag the loss of which would cause serious harm to me or someone I liked I'd deffo be using them.

Just amused that Linn discussing one of her staff with a third party from outside work and then trying to dupe said staff member into attending a service she didn't want to go to is a prime candidate for sensitivity training herself.
― Douglas Adams

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #14 on: 06 December, 2015, 12:39:21 am »
How appropriate that His Bobness' "Ballad Of A Thin Man" should have been on the radio when Jeanette got nabbed, coz I'm with Mr Jones right now.  I'm sure I've seen Fat Freddie's missus before but the Internets say otherwise so perhaps I'm just confusing her with Darcey Bussell.

It's about time Mr Creepy Motivational Speaker got murdered utterly to DETH, because I don't like him.  And Marc as well, because he's a dick.

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #15 on: 06 December, 2015, 12:32:51 pm »
What about Saga's mama?

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #16 on: 06 December, 2015, 02:38:53 pm »
I'm inclined to believe Saga on this one i.e. she was a loon.  That Ma Noren said Saga was round her house being beastly when she was at home having secks1 with Henrik proves it.  Henrik is also a loon, but that's by the by.  Of course having that twerp Rasmus looking over the case files is bound to end badly for someone.  Hopefully Rasmus.

1: That's definitely how she pronounces it.

« Reply #17 on: 06 December, 2015, 03:04:44 pm »
I miss Martin, all that simmering emotion - at least he was somewhere near the slightly more normal end of a troubled soul.
Would he be having secks with Saga? Difficult to say, but I'd be hoping not!
Apart from that - I don't understand any of it  :facepalm:
I'll be there watching next week again though.
Garry Broad

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #18 on: 06 December, 2015, 04:57:42 pm »
As I recall Martin was something of a rampaging shag monster so if the offer of secks came up I doubt he'd turn it down.  As it is he's only going to get that kind of offer from the person in B-wing with the most cigarettes.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #19 on: 06 December, 2015, 10:15:29 pm »
I kind of miss Martin but this series has been so totally brilliant that he has hardly ever crossed my mind.

Totally baffled by it all though.

"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #20 on: 07 December, 2015, 08:52:54 am »
I'm fully caught up so can join in the discussion.

Henriks; I loathed him to start with, now I really like him. Yes he is a loon but he actually 'gets' Saga in a fundamental way, as an equal.

(click to show/hide)
Linn should be sacked. Secret discussions with Saga's mum - who has been in jail for abusive treatment of Saga's sister - massively, massively out of order.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
« Reply #21 on: 07 December, 2015, 09:27:28 am »
Linn may yet end up get murdered utterly to DETH, of course, which would put a stop to all the sensitivity training nonse.

Current odds on whodunnit:

Someone we haven't met yet: 2-1 on
Creepy Motivational Speaker's Fangrrl: Evens
Creepy Motivational Speaker: 3-1
That Twerp Rasmus: 15-2
Henrik: 10-1
Building Cougar's weirdo mother: 25-1
Tina the paparazzo: 50-1
Fat Freddie's floppy-haired art gallery youth: 100-1
Sarah Lund: 500-1

Still no idea who would want to kill the unfortunate Morten, or why.

« Reply #22 on: 07 December, 2015, 09:45:22 am »
Still no idea who would want to kill the unfortunate Morten, or why.

Theory; Lukas Stenstrup put Holst's child at risk. Holt's henchman was ensuring that didn't happen again.

Who was the commanding officer of the 'Kill Brothers'? What is their connection to Holst?
Theory; the commanding officer was guilty of the rape, the Kill Brothers knew, kept it quiet and were paid-off. When they looked unstable, they were killed off.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #23 on: 07 December, 2015, 11:37:23 am »
Quite like Henrik now, I really hope that he isn't the killer although I expect Saga will have to dob him in for something at the end of the series as she did Martin.

I suspect the killbrothers platoon is going to be central. Although the killer is re-enacting Freddies art collection it doesn't explain how the distinctly non arty Morten had a copy of the code stuck to his fridge.
(click to show/hide)

Tina is probably the next victim. Linn needs to be added to MrL's list of odds- Other than she is an incompetent boss we know nothing about her or her background.

The motivational speaker now seems to have two stalkers :thumbsup: The more the better.

(click to show/hide)

Comedy moment

Henrik & Saga - Does this code L397G42 mean anything to you?
Fat Freddie - Yeah it's the number of my swiss bank account
H&S edge towards their guns
FF Only kidding. I haven't got a swiss bank account.
― Douglas Adams

« Reply #24 on: 07 December, 2015, 01:05:16 pm »
OK ....
Do we know who all the Kill brothers were or might have been?  Might we make some educated guesses?
Somebody was raped by the commanding officer, how long ago?  Was there a child as a result who might want revenge?  Could it be the Funereal stalker?  I can't figure how she fits into this .... could it have the motivational speaker be the commanding officer who at the same time is trying to extract revenge on FF ....
Maybe I should be watching more closely.