Author Topic: [LEL17] LEL equipment  (Read 68261 times)

Re: LEL equipment
« Reply #225 on: 13 June, 2017, 10:58:48 am »
I'm a better man than a lot of people

rob

« Reply #226 on: 13 June, 2017, 11:20:33 am »
Make sure your carrier bag isn't too rattly, though.   A few people in the same room as me at Fougeres on the return on PBP got the hump as I failed, repeatedly, to find my earplugs in the dark.    :facepalm:

« Reply #227 on: 13 June, 2017, 11:59:15 am »
We are aiming to provide some towels at every control .. BUT ..if you can tell us how to predict the towel demand at each control both northbound and southbound .. then you are  a better man than I am Gunga Din.

My impression is that the towel service in 2013 was pretty good, in spite of the towel supplier who let you down at the last moment, so if no supplier let you down this time, I expect the service to be excellent!

« Reply #228 on: 20 June, 2017, 12:48:05 am »
I got myself one of those micro towels from a camping shop for PBP, packs to the size of a tennis ball in it's own little stuff sack. Had it hanging off my saddlebag until someone nicked it at the start, scrotes. Wouldn't have needed it in the end but might be handy to have.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #229 on: 20 June, 2017, 12:48:49 am »
I got myself one of those micro towels from a camping shop for PBP, packs to the size of a tennis ball in it's own little stuff sack. Had it hanging off my saddlebag until someone nicked it at the start, scrotes. Wouldn't have needed it in the end but might be handy to have.

You should always know where your towel is...

« Reply #230 on: 22 June, 2017, 12:26:38 am »

You should always know where your towel is...

Damn right.."any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the Galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through and still knows where his towel is, is clearly a man to be reckoned with. "

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #231 on: 22 June, 2017, 12:38:12 am »
Do note that hitch-hiking with alien spacecraft is considered cheating under AUK regulations.  For the benefit of other riders, any recitation of Vogon poetry should be done between controls.  The infinite improbability drive may be deployed at any time on the return leg of the ride.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #232 on: 22 June, 2017, 10:51:06 pm »
And travelling with the aid of a Ford Prefect is also against Auk rules, I believe.
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

« Reply #233 on: 23 June, 2017, 09:32:25 am »
Ah so... at the risk of getting a fine.... is it stated somewhere which controls have showers ?  :smug:

« Reply #234 on: 23 June, 2017, 10:30:13 am »
The FAQ helpfully tells you that "Controls at Innerleithen/Traquair, Eskdalemuir and Great Easton will have no showers available."

Extrapolating from that data may be left as an exercise for the reader.
</straight bat>

Phil's riding in Ireland at the moment so your wallet is probably safe.

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #235 on: 23 June, 2017, 01:43:19 pm »
But the money man is still around ,, a query that has been on FAQ for 6 months .. that is not £100 ......  it was defined as £500 ages ago. Debit card details please ? Roger
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!