Author Topic: topeak bike rack super tourist dx and panniers  (Read 1375 times)

topeak bike rack super tourist dx and panniers
« on: 07 February, 2017, 09:21:21 pm »
I have one of these racks with the detachable top bag, but when I tried to fit my Agu Quorum panniers I found the bag to top rail clips are too small to fit over the beefy rails on the rack.Has anyone found a way of solving this, or alternatively advise on what bags are known to fit, preferably with user experiences .

Re: topeak bike rack super tourist dx and panniers
« Reply #1 on: 07 February, 2017, 10:17:38 pm »
I have the same rack and have it used successfully with Altura, Ortileb and MSX panniers.  I think the diameter of the topeak tubes are pretty standard for a touring duty rack?
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 07 February, 2017, 11:55:34 pm »
You can get Ortlieb (and probably others') fixings as spares.  Maybe you could retrofit them to your existing panniers?

« Reply #3 on: 08 February, 2017, 04:14:55 pm »
Ortliebs come with 2 sizes of clips to fit pretty much most rails, well, all I've tried.
I am often asked, what does YOAV stand for? It stands for Yoav On A Velo

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 08 February, 2017, 04:18:59 pm »
Ortliebs will *just* fit the chunky tubing of the HPVelotechnik rack with the smaller set of inserts.  I think that's 12mm.  Take the inserts out and they'll fit something even thicker.