Author Topic: [LEL17] Control details  (Read 2762 times)

Phil W

[LEL17] Control details
« on: 27 September, 2016, 06:58:04 pm »
Control details can now be found here.

https://londonedinburghlondon.com/the-controls/

More details will appear as and when they are confirmed.

Re: Control details
« Reply #1 on: 27 September, 2016, 09:07:18 pm »
Some of the numbers must be wrong:

Alston
Northbound: 552 km
Southbound: 886 km

Brampton
Northbound: 554 km
Southbound: 855 km

Phil W

« Reply #2 on: 27 September, 2016, 09:26:29 pm »
Some of the numbers must be wrong:

Alston
Northbound: 552 km
Southbound: 886 km

Brampton
Northbound: 554 km
Southbound: 855 km

Good spot, I've corrected Alston northbound distance. Not sure how I managed to work it out as 2km from Brampton going north. Must be that hole in spacetime we found.

« Reply #3 on: 27 September, 2016, 09:30:56 pm »
Apologies in advance if this is already in the works but....

Can I suggest an option to sort the controls by distance as well as alphabetically?

Eg
Sort by : Alphabetical
                Northbound
                Southbound

Also would be handy to filter the results too as more details are added. Tickbox modifiers might be best for this?

Eg
Mandatory Control
Food
Bed
Showers
Bag Drop
Mechanical assistance

Planet X Paul

• The Green Machine
« Reply #4 on: 28 September, 2016, 02:27:39 pm »
Just noticed a slight contradiction on the web page.  In the summary for the controls, for Innerleithen under the 'Mandatory' column it says 'YES', but in the detail for the location it says that it is a refreshment stop only and not mandatory.

Phil W

« Reply #5 on: 28 September, 2016, 03:31:31 pm »
Just noticed a slight contradiction on the web page.  In the summary for the controls, for Innerleithen under the 'Mandatory' column it says 'YES', but in the detail for the location it says that it is a refreshment stop only and not mandatory.

Oh no it doesn't as he quickly updates the detail for the control. I've also added the bag drop info since we know that.

jzhowie - It was already in hand. Sort the summary table to your hearts content. If you click on a control name in the summary table it'll take you straight to more detail. I'm not going to introduce filters.  Sure you'll cope when there's only 15 controls to look through.   

Yes the route graphic is out of date, Traquair to be removed and Coxford, Alston, Innerleithen  to added.  Already with our graphic design man. I'll sort out at some point after the new graphic comes back.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #6 on: 28 September, 2016, 04:37:03 pm »

Can I suggest an option to sort the controls by distance as well as alphabetically?

Eg
                Northbound
                Southbound

Yes - as a rider, I wouldn't find alphabetical the least bit useful!

(I think the various PBP sites managed this quite well. IIRC ... )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Phil W

« Reply #7 on: 28 September, 2016, 08:03:29 pm »

Eg
                Northbound
                Southbound

Yes - as a rider, I wouldn't find alphabetical the least bit useful!

(I think the various PBP sites managed this quite well. IIRC ... )

The controls summary list can be sorted by any of the headers and by default it shows the northbound sequence. The control details are shown in the sequence you'll encounter them enroute. This was true at the time of my last post but perhaps not clear enough.  Since last post, details on which controls will have bag drop facilities has been added. Tomorrow will get details on bed capacity at each control now it's available. Note bed capacity will not include cupboards or other creative solutions  volunteers may find during the event.

« Reply #8 on: 28 September, 2016, 09:44:35 pm »
The controls summary list can be sorted by any of the headers and by default it shows the northbound sequence. The control details are shown in the sequence you'll encounter them enroute. This was true at the time of my last post but perhaps not clear enough.  Since last post, details on which controls will have bag drop facilities has been added. Tomorrow will get details on bed capacity at each control now it's available. Note bed capacity will not include cupboards or other creative solutions  volunteers may find during the event.

The bed capacity is also, frankly, a bit of a guess.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #9 on: 29 September, 2016, 12:01:15 pm »
Just signed up as a volunteer.  That'll help keep rider numbers manageable :demon:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime