Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2451472 times)

Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #7450 on: 25 October, 2014, 08:59:08 am »
Sunrise Galaxy

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #7451 on: 25 October, 2014, 09:10:30 am »
 :thumbsup:

« Reply #7452 on: 25 October, 2014, 09:52:36 pm »

Apologies for the rubbish camera phone pic. Couldn't find the Marmite, so I improvised...  :)

New N+1 thanks to Cyclescheme. Lovely ride home from Oxford at dusk.
Currently showroom stock apart from the  Brooks C17 (fitted when I got home, not tried it yet) XL bottle cage, and some stainless bottle cage bolts.

Future plans: some on-one Mary bars, ESI grips, bottle cages (as yet undecided which ones), and some more stainless bolts... It's fab! Am very very pleased!  :thumbsup:  ;D
not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

« Reply #7453 on: 25 October, 2014, 09:54:14 pm »
Bet it's been a long week ;D

Out on it tomorrow?
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #7454 on: 25 October, 2014, 10:05:47 pm »
A stupidly long week!

Sadly a ride tomorrow is unlikely. Tomorrow is a trip down to Sussex for a family lunch. My daughter's, my brother's, his wife's and my mother's birthday all within a week and a half! And then a report to work on when I get back home....  :(  But lunch and seeing family will be nice  :)

BTW, the fat bikes in the bike shop were loooooovely!  :facepalm:

not so much a gravel grinder.... more of a gravel groveller

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #7455 on: 26 October, 2014, 05:59:44 pm »
IMG_2095 by windy_, on Flickr

Bob spent the summer as a fixed, now back to gears and fitted a new stem and tyres today. Need to get some lights and a mudflap fitted and it'll be ready for winter training :)

« Reply #7456 on: 26 October, 2014, 06:27:05 pm »
With the weather forecast as it is at the moment wouldn't it be better equipped with floats and a sail an outboard.  :demon:

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #7457 on: 28 October, 2014, 08:10:13 pm »
My N+1 has arrived!

2014 Pinnacle Dolomite Two, in gloss black, size XL:

Still in stock format, need to add mudguards, durano plussises and dyno front wheel from my tourer, and figure out how to mount the dynamo lamp since this bike has dual pivots.

Looking forward to a first ride at the weekend!

Yes, I know the cable for the fireplace is a bit slack.....

« Reply #7458 on: 28 October, 2014, 09:51:04 pm »
Ooh, that looks like my not-Tifosi's big brother! :thumbsup:

« Reply #7459 on: 29 October, 2014, 08:15:21 pm »
I have done a bit more building on the Klein, so maybe it's time for another photo.

DA 7700 bits and fancy pants wheels scavenged off another bike (oops).  Needs a bit more tweaking, but seems pretty much what I need size-wise, and the paint is OK I suppose.

« Reply #7460 on: 29 October, 2014, 08:36:17 pm »
Nice bike.
Nice wheels.
Paint's a bit tarty, if you ask me :P

« Reply #7461 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:42:28 pm »
Nice bike.
Nice wheels.

Correct on all counts!

But is it as tarty as this?

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #7462 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:47:50 pm »
I have done a bit more building on the Klein, so maybe it's time for another photo.

I think the colour in the first pic is nicer than that in the second pic, but I am quite colour-blind. I have purple leanings, apparently.

Which photo is more representative?

And what's it made from? I'd guess aluminium. I think it looks nicer at the front end than the back. The stays look bigger than they need to be, but I'm a steel fan.

I completely love the paint work and the KLEIN lettering. I'd probably buy the frame (everything else being equal - which it never is) just for that. I think the DA stuff works very well with it. Despite my campag preference, something about the frame seems to suit shimano.

But more than anything else (and I'm sorry if I've missed this elsewhere) how does it feel?
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

Paul

• L'enfer, c'est les autos.
« Reply #7463 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:49:31 pm »
Nice bike.
Nice wheels.

Correct on all counts!

But is it as tarty as this?

Whoa - there's a real contender for the Gay Disco title!
What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?

« Reply #7464 on: 29 October, 2014, 09:53:05 pm »
I think the colour in the first pic is nicer than that in the second pic, but I am quite colour-blind. I have purple leanings, apparently.

Which photo is more representative?

And what's it made from? I'd guess aluminium. I think it looks nicer at the front end than the back. The stays look bigger than they need to be, but I'm a steel fan.

I completely love the paint work and the KLEIN lettering. I'd probably buy the frame (everything else being equal - which it never is) just for that. I think the DA stuff works very well with it. Despite my campag preference, something about the frame seems to suit shimano.

But more than anything else (and I'm sorry if I've missed this elsewhere) how does it feel?

I've not yet been out on it, so who knows?  It's an alloy frame with carbon fork, and as for the colours, well it changes depending on the angle, ranging from olive through rich green, navy blue through to purple.  The first photo is under a "cool daylight" bulb.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #7465 on: 29 October, 2014, 10:05:16 pm »

« Reply #7466 on: 30 October, 2014, 06:12:26 pm »

DA 7700 bits and fancy pants wheels scavenged off another bike (oops).  Needs a bit more tweaking, but seems pretty much what I need size-wise, and the paint is OK I suppose.

:o WANT! That's one of the nicest paintjobs, ever. :thumbsup:

fuzzy

« Reply #7467 on: 31 October, 2014, 01:44:21 pm »

I'm sure I've seen TVR's wearing that paint :thumbsup:

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #7468 on: 31 October, 2014, 02:10:26 pm »
Me too, and several Nissans...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #7469 on: 31 October, 2014, 08:05:28 pm »
My new Thorn Raven, almost ready. Bits carried over from my Raven Catalyst - the frame & forks of which are now surplus to requirements due to me preferring something that was a little more touring orientated. I can't ride it just yet, so the steerer tube has still to be cut, and the Tubus racks fitted. I may be biased, but I think that for all Thorn's crimes against velocopedic elegance, it has a certain functional 'rightness' about it :-)

« Reply #7470 on: 01 November, 2014, 08:18:11 pm »
Surly 1x1 (formerly interzen's) :D

Fixed, of course. Cables are due to be trimmed when I can get it down to the LBS and they aren't too busy.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #7471 on: 01 November, 2014, 09:49:46 pm »
Me likey . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #7472 on: 02 November, 2014, 11:29:29 am »
I like, too.
Plus it's nice to know that it's gone to a good home.

(as a side note, I thought that the cables on Pugsley were comically long after I fitted the hydraulics, but that's got me well and truly beat ;) Also, it's nice to know that the 'fruitcakes who ride fixed off-road' community here has now probably doubled in size ... )

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7473 on: 02 November, 2014, 11:31:58 am »
Looks good - quite neat, despite the cables, in a blackly shiny way.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #7474 on: 02 November, 2014, 11:42:35 am »
In the interests of continuity, here's what replaced the 1x1 .. I'm sure I've posted this before, but what the hell:

Salsa El Mariachi fixed in 'overnighter' mode (this was taken just before I went on a training ride in August - wrist breakage means that it's not doing an awful lot at the moment)