Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2451484 times)

Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #7950 on: 06 January, 2016, 08:48:25 pm »
[urlhttps://uk.news.yahoo.com/paris-drains-canal-for-the-first-time-in-15-years-112844921.html][/url]

Where all of those missing PBP bikes went.

disclaimer: not my photo, not my bike(s)

« Reply #7951 on: 06 January, 2016, 08:50:19 pm »

disclaimer: not my photo, not my bike(s)
Edited to get link working.
Rust never sleeps

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #7952 on: 10 January, 2016, 07:33:45 pm »
Lost my Surly virginity - First outing on the Cross-Check :)

IMG_0517 by ian, on Flickr

« Reply #7953 on: 10 January, 2016, 11:40:44 pm »
Very cool, windy.

(I'll get a decent photo of my Surly 1x1 with Midge bars sorted out - I quite like the bars for a mixed-terrain bike)

« Reply #7954 on: 11 January, 2016, 06:00:12 pm »
Just back from an overnighter in the bivvy, it was bloody freezing!

I left at 4.00pm-ish yesterday and was snuggled down in the bivvy at 12.30am. I couldn't be bothered with the tarp so just had a brew and made my little hot water bottle and bedded down. I was awake at 5.00am so made my way back home.

I'm still trying to thaw my thighs and arse cheeks out  ;D

The wind blew my bike down the cliff when I took the photo! Luckily only a graze on the crank arm. Lugging the bugger back up the scree 20ft was the hardest thing I've done all day.

OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #7955 on: 11 January, 2016, 06:14:32 pm »
Just back from an overnighter in the bivvy, it was bloody freezing!

I left at 4.00pm-ish yesterday and was snuggled down in the bivvy at 12.30am. I couldn't be bothered with the tarp so just had a brew and made my little hot water bottle and bedded down. I was awake at 5.00am so made my way back home.

I'm still trying to thaw my thighs and arse cheeks out  ;D

The wind blew my bike down the cliff when I took the photo! Luckily only a graze on the crank arm. Lugging the bugger back up the scree 20ft was the hardest thing I've done all day.

Without doubt the best image of a bike posted on YACF.  Fab-u-lous dah-ling.
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.

« Reply #7956 on: 11 January, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »
 :-*

I'd give you a kiss for that but I'm too frozen to pucker.....................
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #7957 on: 11 January, 2016, 06:53:06 pm »
That really is a fabulous photo, bravo!
Up the hills and round the bends

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #7958 on: 11 January, 2016, 07:35:44 pm »
:-*

I'd give you a kiss for that but I'm too frozen to pucker.....................

I'd send it to the manufacturer because it's brochure quality.

« Reply #7959 on: 11 January, 2016, 07:44:37 pm »
they may not appreciate the fact that I've removed all of their branding  ;D

it is going back on but in matt black, not super duper glowy retina burning supernova white.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #7960 on: 11 January, 2016, 08:07:29 pm »
Fuji X-T10 I see.  You can smell the quality.

« Reply #7961 on: 11 January, 2016, 08:22:34 pm »
It's an excellent camera for the bike. Small with a prime fitted and it chucks out fuji magic too, love it.

« Reply #7962 on: 11 January, 2016, 11:46:22 pm »
X-e2 user here, love Fuji image quality - just magic. I used to be a wedding photographer with an s5pro, also a fantastic camera.
Up the hills and round the bends

« Reply #7963 on: 12 January, 2016, 08:16:31 am »
X-e2 user here, love Fuji image quality - just magic. I used to be a wedding photographer with an s5pro, also a fantastic camera.

It's amazing how many people are switching over to them. More may well change when the xpro2 and xt2 arrive.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #7964 on: 14 January, 2016, 05:20:55 pm »
Meet Penelope the Pashley Pronto ...

I decided I needed a shopping bike that we could just jump on a whiz into town less than a mile away.  I don't want to have to get dressed into cycling gear and have even bought myself some bike clips ...

I bought Penelope on eBay from a chap in Goole.  Apparently she started life as a works bike at the Atomic Weapons Establishment at Aldermaston  :o

I case you're interested the saddle cover is from Cath Kidston and I found it in the Man Cave, no idea how it got there!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #7965 on: 14 January, 2016, 06:06:42 pm »
I bought Penelope on eBay from a chap in Goole.  Apparently she started life as a works bike at the Atomic Weapons Establishment at Aldermaston  :o

Did she come with a helmet?  Very serious about cycle helmets, the AWE.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7966 on: 14 January, 2016, 09:16:41 pm »
I don't believe she came from Aldermaston. Surely she'd be glowing brighter than those cycle clips? Talking of which, I find slap wraps (or is it snap wraps?) comfier myself, an old one of which I'm trying to find a use for: must be some ingenious something someone can come up with somehow!

May you do much happy shopping with Penelope (and not require the services of Parker).
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #7967 on: 14 January, 2016, 09:18:02 pm »

Did she come with a helmet?  Very serious about cycle helmets, the AWE.

Nope, no Magic Hat  ;D

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #7968 on: 16 January, 2016, 10:40:34 am »

meet OLIVE.    Ridgeback World Panorama Delux.
After Blodwyns demise, this has now taken its place, but more sturdy and rugged and versatile. Swapped saddle +post, swapped tyres + mudguards, swapped h/bars levers and bar cons, fitted new tape and saddlebag and bingo.  Just need a disc/dynohub up front now.

« Reply #7969 on: 16 January, 2016, 10:45:16 am »

meet OLIVE.    Ridgeback Panorama Delux.
After Blodwyns demise, this has now taken its place, but more sturdy and rugged and versatile. Swapped saddle +post, swapped tyres + mudguards, swapped h/bars levers and bar cons, fitted new tape and saddlebag and bingo.  Just need a disc/dynohub up front now.
looks like it means business  :thumbsup:

« Reply #7970 on: 16 January, 2016, 10:51:12 am »
Lost my Surly virginity - First outing on the Cross-Check :)

IMG_0517 by ian, on Flickr

That's a cracking looking bike Ian

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #7971 on: 16 January, 2016, 05:45:18 pm »
Surlys tend to look good.  ;D

I like the look of Blodwyn's Ridgeback too.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #7972 on: 16 January, 2016, 05:50:14 pm »
Blodwyn's Ridgeback does look nice :)

Built the Surly mostly from parts in the shed. All I had to buy was brakes, bars, stem and headset. Next upgrade is new wheels and some fatter (38c or 42c tyres) to replace the 32c's ;)

« Reply #7973 on: 16 January, 2016, 06:29:18 pm »

meet OLIVE.    Ridgeback World Panorama Delux.

Looks very nice, did you buy it as the full bike or build it from the frame only option?

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #7974 on: 16 January, 2016, 07:40:25 pm »
complete bike, on x-mas special for £999 , some folks still selling them for the full whack, (£1699 :o) although there are a lot of other , lesser, deals. They don't seem to sell a 2016 version, but do as a frame only in orange/gold for £750 . Its Reynolds 853 main tubes.