Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2451459 times)

Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #4150 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:05:24 pm »
Why Feline, you bike is puuuuurrrrrrtttttty! :)

Many Happy Miles.

Thanks  :D
I am well known in my CTC for wearing stuff to match my bike, I am now thinking I should turn up next week wearing black and silver for a laugh  ;D

YahudaMoon

• John Diffley
« Reply #4151 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:07:41 pm »
Oh ! my budget to replace my compact Stronglight is £60 lol

« Reply #4152 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:09:24 pm »
Oh ! my budget to replace my compact Stronglight is £60 lol

Oh! I guess the XX maybe isn't for you right now then :(
It is a very lovely looking quiche IMO though!

« Reply #4153 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:13:47 pm »
That looks very nice  :thumbsup:

Some good choices there, and having specified every component then been there at its birth should make it very special machine for you (much better than taking an off-the-peg option).

« Reply #4154 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:14:20 pm »
Why Feline, you bike is puuuuurrrrrrtttttty! :)

Many Happy Miles.

Enjoy  :thumbsup:

« Reply #4155 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:45:29 pm »
That looks lovely Feline. I have an appointment with Tewdric and his fettling skills next week and I'm hoping it'll turn out looking pretty similar to yours.

« Reply #4156 on: 21 February, 2011, 08:48:21 pm »
Very nice indeed, Feline, and properly put together too, I've no doubt.

Many happy miles on it  :)

« Reply #4157 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:01:07 pm »
Thanks everyone for your comments :)
It looks so nice at the moment I am loathe to start adding accessories to it to spoil the clean lines and light weight! It will soon be sporting a Caradice Super C Barley, A Garmin on the stem and an IQ Cyo light though!

PH

« Reply #4158 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:12:02 pm »
Very nice.  Did it need long drop brakes in the end or did you get away with the standard SRAM ones?  Interesting gearing, I look forward to hearing how it works out.

« Reply #4159 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:16:24 pm »
Very nice.  Did it need long drop brakes in the end or did you get away with the standard SRAM ones?  Interesting gearing, I look forward to hearing how it works out.

It has the long drop brakes on it. We didn't actually try the SRAM groupset ones on it but with my 25mm tyres and 35mm guards on it is snug so I suspect they wouldn't have left enough clearance. It's first longish ride will hopefully be the Gospel Pass 150k so I will report fully on how it behaves then! At this stage I can hardly ride it as I am a complete drops n00b!

« Reply #4160 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:17:33 pm »
It looks so nice at the moment I am loathe to start adding accessories to it to spoil the clean lines and light weight! It will soon be sporting a Caradice Super C Barley, A Garmin on the stem and an IQ Cyo light though!

What we didn't do was offer up the bagman.  I'd be cautious about moving the saddle back to accomodate a bagman give the excellent riding position we got to.  If it doesn't fit on what saddle rail you have left then it might be worth thinking about an alternative bag support.

It's a truly lovely bike - absolutely perfect for what you're going to be doing with it.  

It did need long drop brakes for sure.

« Reply #4161 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:18:01 pm »
Make sure you cross post now into the titanium owner's thread too.   ;D
Looks sweet.

« Reply #4162 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:22:26 pm »
I'd be cautious about moving the saddle back to accomodate a bagman give the excellent riding position we got to.

It is a problem with the Bagman: I reckon it necessitates losing 20 mm of usable rail space. I'm beginning to look at alternatives for the Bob Jackson; the Audax bike seems fine with it.

« Reply #4163 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:24:15 pm »
The other thing we etsablished is that the proper technique for taping bars is EXACTLY like that for bandaging small animals' legs..

« Reply #4164 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:27:14 pm »

What we didn't do was offer up the bagman.  I'd be cautious about moving the saddle back to accomodate a bagman give the excellent riding position we got to.  If it doesn't fit on what saddle rail you have left then it might be worth thinking about an alternative bag support.

It's a truly lovely bike - absolutely perfect for what you're going to be doing with it.  

If I did find the bagman wouldn't fit, would switching to a seatpost without layback solve the issue or is there a reason this wouldn't work? I think I had better go try out the Bagman now or I might not sleep tonight pondering the issue!

« Reply #4165 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:30:16 pm »

If I did find the bagman wouldn't fit, would switching to a seatpost without layback solve the issue or is there a reason this wouldn't work? I think I had better go try out the Bagman now or I might not sleep tonight pondering the issue!

An alternate seatpost could work - less layback rather than no layback I'd have thought  - you'll have to measure it up if it's necessary to move the saddle.  

Or you could try the SQR, or even try the barley without a support, or even (heresy) a large saddle pack.  Or a Tubus titanium rack!  :thumbsup:

The Super C Barley is a very cool bag though.

AndyH

« Reply #4166 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:35:57 pm »
Congratulations Feline  :thumbsup: Looks great.

Did Ten CC actually patent quiche?
http://sites.google.com/site/tencyclingclub/quiche

Black Barley ?

« Reply #4167 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:43:08 pm »
Nice bike, Lara  :)

« Reply #4168 on: 21 February, 2011, 09:58:38 pm »
Success! It does just fit on the rails without disturbing the saddle position  :D

« Reply #4169 on: 21 February, 2011, 10:03:07 pm »
I see the bike has quite rightly taken pride of place in front of the TV  ;D

I must get round to getting photos of my new bike and sending DocSquid some of the Ground anchor & chain in use.

border-rider

« Reply #4170 on: 21 February, 2011, 10:03:37 pm »
That's a PBP bike, that is.

« Reply #4171 on: 21 February, 2011, 10:04:07 pm »
Nice bike Feline  :thumbsup:  Non-horizontal top tubes make a bike look cool, almost as if it wants to pounce like a cat...
"There are proven ways; play on the certain knowledge of their superiority, the mystique of secret covenant, the esprit of shared suffering"

« Reply #4172 on: 21 February, 2011, 10:05:22 pm »
Success! It does just fit on the rails without disturbing the saddle position

Good, similar to the fit on my Audax bike :) I was thinking that your saddle looked fairly far back on the post, and that there ought to be space depending on the design of the saddle clamp.

They might have sorted the issue out now, but it has been the case that the grub screws in the Bagman are a bit prone to loosening off: proper Allen head bolts resolve the issue.

« Reply #4173 on: 21 February, 2011, 10:10:04 pm »
Success! It does just fit on the rails without disturbing the saddle position

Good, similar to the fit on my Audax bike :) I was thinking that your saddle looked fairly far back on the post, and that there ought to be space depending on the design of the saddle clamp.

They might have sorted the issue out now, but it has been the case that the grub screws in the Bagman are a bit prone to loosening off: proper Allen head bolts resolve the issue.

Mine seems to have a single 6mm Allen head bolt with a washer, it looks pretty solid but I will check it after a few miles to make sure. Mine is the QR version of the bagman, not sure if that makes a difference.

« Reply #4174 on: 21 February, 2011, 10:11:29 pm »
Nice bike Feline  :thumbsup:  Non-horizontal top tubes make a bike look cool, almost as if it wants to pounce like a cat...

I am quite glad it isn't horizontal since I then might struggle to get a leg over  ;D I won't be riding it in a skirt though!