Author Topic: Onion down, but still in one piece  (Read 7597 times)

Re: Onion down, but still in one piece
« Reply #50 on: 21 April, 2017, 12:51:30 pm »
Your experience prompted me to look at my cover, no mention of cycle touring in the policy so I called them. Much discussion over what it was, with the conclusion it was covered.

Policy itself is with BUPA through work. At >£100 it seemed expensive until in 2011 we tried to get insurance to go to China, with Mrs Ham having been through cancer treatment. Most wouldn't cover, those that would quoted £3,000 for a single trip (!!) - BUPA were the same £100 (as it is a group policy). Been with them ever since

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #51 on: 21 April, 2017, 03:48:32 pm »
This is why when I last needed travel insurance I got it from the CTC.  They presumably understand cycle touring (though the policy wording only talks about 'cycling', with a fairly broad definition to cover mountain biking etc), seem to give decent cover of bike-related problems, and - for whatever it's worth - would look pretty stupid for endorsing insurance that wasn't any good for cycle tourists.

It's existing medical conditions where things get interesting.  Well-controlled asthma is fairly boring, but at the same time has potential to get really serious...

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #52 on: 25 April, 2017, 09:33:22 pm »
Just seen this GWS PO.

My travel insurance has to go through a rigmarole annually of deciding that they can actually cover my T1D after all - or rather potential hypos, or hypers, not that I've been in hospital since diagnosis.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens