Author Topic: [LEL17] Did I really see that or was my mind playing tricks?  (Read 2482 times)

[LEL17] Did I really see that or was my mind playing tricks?
« on: 01 September, 2017, 12:12:37 am »
Southbound, on leaving Spalding at around 9pm on Thursday, I saw horses, fine thoroughbred horses galloping along on the opposite bank of the Welland.  It was a magnificent sight but I can find no reference to this being a common siting, was I hallucinating?
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

simonp

Re: Did I really see that or was my mind playing tricks?
« Reply #1 on: 01 September, 2017, 01:56:10 am »
On a Thursday? I think not.

« Reply #2 on: 01 September, 2017, 11:25:28 pm »
Oh please, someone tell me that I didn't imagine this :o  I was quite fresh on leaving Spalding and it wasn't even dark! I know I set off on my own for the first few miles but there were a few other riders I caught up with shortly after.
Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2017, 11:50:46 pm »
I've got photos from along there but they're all of sheep. Perhaps it was fine thoroughbred sheep you saw?

« Reply #4 on: 02 September, 2017, 12:34:56 am »
I definitely saw horses in the fields there on Thursday (early evening). I wouldn't call them thoroughbred though and saw no galloping.
California Dreaming

mr ben

• Some routes may be arduous.
    • ramblings and randonees
« Reply #5 on: 02 September, 2017, 10:53:20 pm »
Southbound, on leaving Spalding...
/snip

I am glad of any recall whatsoever after that point, real or otherwise!
Think it possible that you may be mistaken.

dod

« Reply #6 on: 07 September, 2017, 11:41:17 pm »
I was on my own while descending Yad Moss on the way south, the rain had eased off slightly when I spotted a rider on the dirt track up the slope to the left. The track took him towards the road, and he joined it just behind me.

He then passed with a cheery 'hello!' and sped off down the hill. The bike was a bright orange Planet X 'Bish Bash Bosh' I think, and he was in shorts and a rather thin-looking orange short-sleeve jersey (remember this was during the battle of Yad Moss, and presumably he had been through the worst of it too). I also remember the noise of his brakes as he took the next corner, as his discs made even more noise than mine :)

Or maybe it was all a dream...

« Reply #7 on: 07 September, 2017, 11:50:57 pm »
I definitely saw horses in the fields there on Thursday (early evening). I wouldn't call them thoroughbred though and saw no galloping.
  Thanks, that's good enough for me :thumbsup:  I'm happy to accept that my lack of sleep had transformed the sighting into something akin to the bloody annoying Lloyds banking advert :facepalm:

Phil W

« Reply #8 on: 08 September, 2017, 12:34:08 am »
About 4:28 in the video you will see the horses on Welland Bank.

http://youtu.be/HEWv9Q0d2n4

Photos taken lunchtime on the Thursday.