Author Topic: Sleeping mats and bag liners - pros/cons?  (Read 12049 times)

Re: Sleeping mats and bag liners - pros/cons?
« Reply #75 on: 21 March, 2013, 09:37:40 pm »
This was always the main problem.  I'd like to stop but there is no bus shelter, no church porch, no dry ground

Memory from the first morning of PBP last time: I was dying for a quick nap but it was raining and every bus shelter, doorway, porch or other form of shelter had a cyclist in it.  It looked like a neutron bomb had fallen.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #76 on: 22 March, 2013, 12:13:01 am »
Random point, just in case anyone it may apply to hasn't considered it: a Ventisit seat pad (or equivalent) makes a surprisingly good substitute for a small self-inflating mat, at a net weight penalty of zero.  Just make sure it's easily removable with velcro.  It's something I've done for a short roadside snooze on a couple of occasions.

Chuffy

• Found a newt on LEL
« Reply #77 on: 25 March, 2013, 09:48:06 pm »
Random point, just in case anyone it may apply to hasn't considered it: a Ventisit seat pad (or equivalent) makes a surprisingly good substitute for a small self-inflating mat, at a net weight penalty of zero.  Just make sure it's easily removable with velcro.  It's something I've done for a short roadside snooze on a couple of occasions.
Hmmm. Could carry a big tub of Proofide and a steak mallet to tenderise the Brooks I suppose...