Poll

Thinking of getting a basic magnetic one, do you

Have one , and use it regularly.
15 (55.6%)
Have one but rarely use it, ( waste of money)
7 (25.9%)
Had one, but never used it and got rid.
2 (7.4%)
Never had one, don’t want one.
1 (3.7%)
Thinking about getting one.
0 (0%)
Had one, used it, got rid, thinking of getting another.
2 (7.4%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: 11 December, 2023, 08:48:32 am

Author Topic: Turbo trainers  (Read 2155 times)

Re: Turbo trainers
« Reply #25 on: 05 December, 2023, 09:25:04 am »
Like De Sisti I didn't vote, because I chose rollers and a Concept2 rower (with PM5 monitor) instead. 
I also have a concept2 row erg with a PM5 :thumbsup:
I did vote but also have have a Concept2. I use an app to link it to Zwift and row my runner around the zwiftiverse. I've put in 32d 4h 37m on a bike and 5d 22h 30m on a rower which I doubt very much I would have done without the gamification and moving pictures to look at.
I've tried rollers and they confirmed my bike handling skills are very poor.

« Reply #26 on: 05 December, 2023, 11:28:58 am »
We brought in a taxc Neo smart bike during the early part of covid.
It was eye waveringly expensive to import onto the Island and we dithered initially. It worked out to be money very well spent though.
2 years of limited travel, then my other half going through chemo in 2022, its really been invaluable. She was able to use it periodically during treatments.
As long as we use the same peddles and saddle its a 5 second job to set up for either of us. I think we have ridden about 7 or 8 thousand KM each on it.
Ive used it to periodically race and train at climbing for ultra events (that were ultimately cancelled due to covid/health)
I think I did the Raid three times or there abouts on Tacx films prepping for TPR.  FTP builders for both of us worked well.   Ive enjoyed delving into the racing without the dangers of coming off the bike outside. Jo has enjoyed the community on group Zwift rides. We both work from home so can grab a quick ride during a lull in our responsibilities. We have only a few roads to physically ride on the Island (50sq km) so it's a mental escape from monotony.
It's been so well used that the floor below the bike is going to need replacing. Despite towels etc, the temp difference between the room and the crawl space below has meant the wood is rotting out!
often lost.

« Reply #27 on: 16 December, 2023, 09:52:47 am »
I sold the tacx and now do all my structured work on peloton. Advantage is that I can also do weight training with it

Quite heavy to move about then? :thumbsup:

« Reply #28 on: 23 December, 2023, 09:27:16 am »
I sold the tacx and now do all my structured work on peloton. Advantage is that I can also do weight training with it

Quite heavy to move about then? :thumbsup:
Not after a few weeks