Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Health & Fitness / Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Last post by Regulator on Today at 09:16:28 am »
I managed to get a kilo off last week - despite a copious intake of wine and gelato over the weekend.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by CAMRAMan on Today at 09:08:57 am »
Ghost Town - The Specials
Rides and Touring / Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Last post by Tomsk on Today at 09:07:50 am »
Emergency call outs permitting, I will be heading out to the SH this week.  Tomsk - any chance you can bring along a brevet for Dick Turpin’s Day Out and also Bricks and Moretaine?  I am hoping the weather plays ball for my upcoming week off and allows me a couple of days out.

:thumbsup: Ok will do - don't forget the entry forms!
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by rr on Today at 08:45:46 am »
Wordle 1,040 4/6

🟨🟨
🟨🟨
🟨🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 08:11:51 am »
Waiting For The Ghost Train - Madness
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Radio 4Extra WTF
« Last post by nicknack on Today at 08:00:02 am »
Because I  play the saxophone many folk automatically assume I play jazz.

I don't.

At least, I try not to. I get asked to though and, because I'm nice, I usually comply and play something that many would recognise as being jazzy.

It's terribly boring though. American standards from 30s and 40s. Always: head, sax solo, keys solo, bass solo, drum solo, head. Riddled with clichés.

I prefer free improvisation which doesn't necessarily mean random noise. It can be any style you like.

Anyway, sorry, I don't listen to R4X.
I'd love to hear/learn more about this. Maybe best via PM if that suits you.

That'd be fine. I can send you some links to stuff on Bandcamp if you like.
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Last post by rogerzilla on Today at 07:57:51 am »
Dumpy has started on Senvelgo for diabetes, since I was having to feed him double the normal amount to maintain his no-longer-dumpy weight (he is a perfect 4.4kg, down from 5.9kg, and looks like a show cat now!).  I need to get a urine sample today as there is a 5% risk of DKA in the first fortnight.  He is, predictably, refusing to wee in the special litter.

20240410_074925 by rogerzilla, on Flickr
Health & Fitness / Re: The path to regaining fitness
« Last post by perpetual dan on Today at 07:51:26 am »
I’m not a doctor, but I would guess that diving straight into being a builder (outdoors a lot, on your feet and moving about, even if you get someone else to do the heavy stuff) is more than your body really wanted. You’ll be catching up with that. A few days off might help, and build back up steadily.
Though it doesn’t hurt to consider retiring at some point.
Good luck.
The Pub / Re: The Good News / Bad News Thread
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 07:37:01 am »
BN - due to not thinking ahead had to order book for wife's birthday from amazon as won't be able to get to my LBS and in this case B is book
GN having not used amazon for ages since got a work voucher from them got a 5 quid off voucher and eligible for free prime trial again
BN set a alarm for just under 30 days to cancel prime, as did it on clock not calendar shows an alarm icon at top of phone which is annoying as that normally means gotta get up for work
If you cancel it as soon as you've received your goods, it'll remain valid for 30 days before automatically self-cancelling.

Thanks, I'll probably take advantage of the prime TV for the 30 days as well

Last time did this the pressure to not leave was mad, listed all the stuff you would not linger have access to. Seemed to just stop short of saying your kids will hate you
« Last post by IanDG on Today at 07:29:58 am »
Tunnel of Love - Dire Straits
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10