Author Topic: Joke shop fun.  (Read 1018 times)

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
Joke shop fun.
« on: 19 January, 2020, 02:43:16 pm »
There was a bit in the paper yesterday about joke shops. There are less of them these days, partly due to the internet but also apparently humour has changed. I think that's a shame - they were quite a big part of my life until really quite recently.
I remember the fun that could be had with a 'dirty fido' plaster poo, strategically positioned. Best places were serious shiny floors like banks. I put one in my younger brothers bed and he had a complete fit. Might be responsible for some ope his later mental health issues on reflection.
Exhaust whistles. Absolutely ace idea. So good I think I might see if I can get one again.
Whoopee cushions were always amusing I thought. Particularly with grandparents. The dog used to rush over and start sniffing which added to the hilarity.
Stink bombs though - were something that could really get one into trouble. I still get a chill thinking about assembly and having to own up.
Next year I am going to buy jokes for all the family instead of proper presents. Something to look forward to.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

Tigerrr

• That England that was wont to conquer others Hath made a shameful conquest of itself.
  • Not really a Tiger.
    • Humanist Celebrant.
Re: Joke shop fun.
« Reply #1 on: 19 January, 2020, 02:45:17 pm »
Just noticed Bosun the dog has a human leg in his mouth on my avatar - perhaps I haven't grown up as much as I should of by now.
Humanists UK Funeral and Wedding Celebrant. Trying for godless goodness.
http://humanist.org.uk/michaellaird

LittleWheelsandBig

• Whimsy Rider
« Reply #2 on: 19 January, 2020, 02:45:59 pm »
That is sure to go down well!
Wheel meet again, don't know where, don't know when...

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #3 on: 19 January, 2020, 03:19:02 pm »
Whoopee cushion technology has advanced since we were kids.  Nye has one that's based on self-inflating mat technology, for repeated activation without any of that tedious and un-subtle blowing it back up between victims.

« Reply #4 on: 19 January, 2020, 03:26:30 pm »
Whoopee cushion technology has advanced since we were kids.  Nye has one that's based on self-inflating mat technology, for repeated activation without any of that tedious and un-subtle blowing it back up between victims.
They're also available in the guise of a discreet box of electronics avec a loudspeaker, which can be remotely activated using a key fob.
Hours of fun, to be observed whilst the directors are in conference in the meeting room that's the other side of the glass wall...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #5 on: 19 January, 2020, 03:43:50 pm »
I recall there was a shop in Chelmsford when I were a lad. I went there quite often with my school friends.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #6 on: 19 January, 2020, 04:36:40 pm »
BBC news reports that the Snooker Master's Final has been interrupted by someone in the audience deploying a whoopee cushion.
Choice delivery. :thumbsup:

« Reply #7 on: 19 January, 2020, 05:31:24 pm »
Do they still sell Itching Powder & Sneezing Powder ?  Or does that count as administering a noxious substance ?
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark