Author Topic: Sleep-overs...  (Read 2152 times)

Sleep-overs...
« on: 30 November, 2008, 02:06:18 pm »
Both our two had sleepovers away last night, which meant we had a free evening, but...good grief, the next day has a sting in the tail.   ::-)  The mini ogres are now watching TV; they don't normally until about 4pm, but it's about all they seem to be able to do, and even then, there's just been an argument. :-\
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

agagisgroovy

• Formely yellow-ceitidh
Re: Sleep-overs...
« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2008, 04:14:46 pm »
There was one sleepover last summer where we reckoned we would go to bed after the Shipping forecast at 12:45. Then we watched the entire fifth series of Blackadder, played another game of Mario Kart and only went to bed after the 5:30am one.
The sleepovers at my house have involved sausage fights, a broken light caused by an inflatable plastic eyeball, playing with a meths burner and then making our our "Trashangias" from Pepsi cans.
Goodness why they're called sleepovers, you barely sleep anyway.  :-\ ;D

« Reply #2 on: 01 December, 2008, 10:12:31 am »
awake-over?  Ours were for guides and brownies - elsewhere, but when our 7.5yo has one at home the 'midnight' feast is generally about 9.30-10pm  ;)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

« Reply #3 on: 01 December, 2008, 10:56:16 am »
We have lots of sleepovers at our place. Surprisingly the kids are usually angelic. However, they're not allowed TV or videos and usually spend hours making stuff from Lego or playing with Playmobil...

The next day we usually calm things down with long baths before bedtime.

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #4 on: 29 December, 2008, 12:30:56 pm »
I stand outside the door and say Shhh every time someone squeaks when I think it's time they slept (depends on age).  I don't think it's fair on anyone if they stay up ridiculously late.  They wake up in a good frame of mind and continue where they left off.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.