Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1624912 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #4675 on: 17 April, 2014, 09:12:36 am »
Can't find the tenuous claims to fame thread. The search facility if crap.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #4676 on: 17 April, 2014, 09:15:35 am »
Can't find the tenuous claims to fame thread. The search facility if crap.
https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1356.0

You're welcome.
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #4677 on: 17 April, 2014, 09:54:46 am »
Doh! Ta.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #4678 on: 17 April, 2014, 12:14:01 pm »
Itchy runny red eyes. Check
Tickly runny nose. Check
Sneezles. Check

Yep. The bloody oilseed rape's in flower >:(
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

ian

« Reply #4679 on: 22 April, 2014, 02:20:20 pm »
After spending the Christmas holiday hacking my lungs up and generally sounding like an entire chorus of consumptives, I've managed to duck and dive every cold in the interim. Despite being surrounded by sick people and their miasma of a grotty viruses and bacteria I've been disease teflon.

Until Friday morning, of course, the start of the four day Easter weekend, when we celebrate the miracle of Space Chicken laying the Magic Bunny Egg. Itchy throat. Headache. Open the floodgates of mucus.

Of course, it's Tuesday now so it's on the way out, though I'm still coughing up things that look suspiciously like exotic deep sea life-forms and I have those glutinous snot bubbles that seem to fill your head before popping through your ears. They always form when I'm trying to speak forcing me to make a strange ga-ah-AH noise as my head basically becomes airtight.

I also spent six hours yesterday making a start on the garden. Despite pulling up tonnes of brambles and having arms that look like I picked a fight with a feline samurai it looks completely unchanged. I may just fly over it in an F4 and drop canisters of agent orange. Oh, and there's a 80 foot fir tree listing to port that'll probably need to come down and some cracking in the render on the side of the house that'll need fixing. I'm like the human cash machine.

fuzzy

« Reply #4680 on: 22 April, 2014, 02:26:59 pm »
After spending the Christmas holiday hacking my lungs up and generally sounding like an entire chorus of consumptives, I've managed to duck and dive every cold in the interim. Despite being surrounded by sick people and their miasma of a grotty viruses and bacteria I've been disease teflon.

Until Friday morning, of course, the start of the four day Easter weekend, when we celebrate the miracle of Space Chicken laying the Magic Bunny Egg. Itchy throat. Headache. Open the floodgates of mucus.

Of course, it's Tuesday now so it's on the way out, though I'm still coughing up things that look suspiciously like exotic deep sea life-forms and I have those glutinous snot bubbles that seem to fill your head before popping through your ears. They always form when I'm trying to speak forcing me to make a strange ga-ah-AH noise as my head basically becomes airtight.

I also spent six hours yesterday making a start on the garden. Despite pulling up tonnes of brambles and having arms that look like I picked a fight with a feline samurai it looks completely unchanged. I may just fly over it in an F4 and drop canisters of agent orange. Oh, and there's a 80 foot fir tree listing to port that'll probably need to come down and some cracking in the render on the side of the house that'll need fixing. I'm like the human cash machine.

I don't want to know where the card slot is........

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4681 on: 22 April, 2014, 03:52:34 pm »

This, but 24-48 hours behind.   :(

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #4682 on: 24 April, 2014, 08:10:39 am »
Bloomin coppers. I know you like hooning around in ekspenif flashy kit, chasing baddies so the CPS and the courts can let them go again, an' that, but do you have to do it over my end of town, in the NOISIEST chellywopter EVUH, at 20 to 1 in the bloody morning?

I thought a chinook was trying to land on my roof, but it was only a little Eurocopter hovering nearly 1/2 a mile away.

At least you managed to wake up half the county, so you achieved summat then.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4683 on: 28 April, 2014, 09:47:41 am »
I have a sinus related headache coming on, right down the right side of my face :(

I am ~65miles from home :( :(

I will struggle to hold out until lunchtime :( :( :(
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #4684 on: 28 April, 2014, 09:57:59 am »
I has hurt myself, in the foot.

So there I was power kiting on a lovely windy day on the common, and everything is going great I'm doing better than I've done before and I think oooohhh Lets swoop the kite a bit that'd be fun only for a great big gust of wind to pull me off my feet into the air a little bit, except my landing wasn't too graceful and I landed on my own ankle and have sprained myself.

So now I'm hobbling around with a stick.

And this isn't helping the training for the half marathon in May.
Somewhat of a professional tea drinker.

« Reply #4685 on: 28 April, 2014, 10:43:44 am »
So I had to take some time off last week.

Arrive back in work to find some stupid fucker has turned up the AC to 24C again.

Not funny, not clever.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #4686 on: 28 April, 2014, 10:56:51 am »
I have a sinus related headache coming on, right down the right side of my face :(

I am ~65miles from home :( :(

I will struggle to hold out until lunchtime :( :( :(
I've been having this on & off (but more on that off) for almost two months now. It's getting me down. On my fourth antibiotic, & a new steroid spray.

fuzzy

« Reply #4687 on: 28 April, 2014, 01:01:59 pm »

Snip....

Perfect trianing for a half marathon- or full marathon for that matter.

Can't run to train, can't run the race- perfick ;)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4688 on: 29 April, 2014, 11:38:50 am »
Tourer - how did you manage to get a flat tyre overnight? You've been suspended on the work stand since Saturday morning and the tyre was fine when I went to bed.

Of course I didn't notice until after moving all the commuting gubbins overfrom the singlespeed. :facepalm:
:
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

« Reply #4689 on: 29 April, 2014, 12:24:20 pm »

Snip....

I quite wanted to do this one it's part of the Keswick Mountain festival, it's starting to look like I might just be drinking the beer.

I managed to hobble about at the St Georges day parade on Sunday, and also to ride the Brompton a short distance yesterday. However I'm totally broken today and it hurts like bally. I think I've overtired the injury so i'm sat at my desk with my foot up on a chair waiting for the end of the shift to go to hospital.

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4690 on: 29 April, 2014, 03:04:16 pm »
GWS David.

My moan - first 30oC afternoon in the condemned portakabin our office of the year. It's too hot, I'm struggling to concentrate and I appear to have developed a sort of mini heat shiver ???

« Reply #4691 on: 29 April, 2014, 03:25:07 pm »
GWS David.

My moan - first 30oC afternoon in the condemned portakabin our office of the year. It's too hot, I'm struggling to concentrate and I appear to have developed a sort of mini heat shiver ???
You are having a meltdown?
<i>Marmite slave</i>

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #4692 on: 29 April, 2014, 03:32:35 pm »
Perhaps I'm melting :)

Those of us banished to 'temporary'* offices in the unfashionable parts of the outer rim are not afforded such luxuries as air conditioning, hole free roofs or buildings made out of actual building stuff. For some reason they consider the places storing the nasty stuff a higher priority.

*I have photos showing that this one was here in 1991, and it wasn't new then either

« Reply #4693 on: 30 April, 2014, 01:47:05 pm »

Snip....

I quite wanted to do this one it's part of the Keswick Mountain festival, it's starting to look like I might just be drinking the beer.

I managed to hobble about at the St Georges day parade on Sunday, and also to ride the Brompton a short distance yesterday. However I'm totally broken today and it hurts like bally. I think I've overtired the injury so i'm sat at my desk with my foot up on a chair waiting for the end of the shift to go to hospital.

I've seen inside my foot (with the help of xrays), thankfully nothing seriously wrong just soft tissue damage and I was sent on my way with a leaflet on exercising the foot to help it heal and instructions to not run for a week and see how I feel. Thankfully the nurse seemed to think gentle spinney pedaling on a bike would be helpful as it'll keep the foot moving.

I've not needed the stick today so that's an improvement, though some drugs were involved.

Will do a short run in a week and see how we get on, I may be watching the other runners head off into the sun (with a pint though).

« Reply #4694 on: 02 May, 2014, 10:21:46 am »
If you have opted for a TV Licence by email you should receive this within 3 working days.

Why on earth does it take 3 days ?

« Reply #4695 on: 02 May, 2014, 10:28:34 am »
On the brink of departing yesterday evening on the bike for an evening spin the rear tube blew out.   The ride was abandoned when the Rigida Chrina rim would not give up the Gatorskin.   :(    I eventually prevailed and found that the tube had failed at the valve seat, much as many Spesh tubes have been reported as having failed.   This was the first one that has done this for me.   I'm using Schwalbe tubes now.

Anyway, the real low energy grumble is caused by that bloody Chrina rim.   Grrr!!! 

« Reply #4696 on: 03 May, 2014, 09:49:22 am »
It's a beautiful day for a bike ride so I'm stuck in the flat waiting for something that should have been delivered during the week. :-(

And my broadband isn't working. Bloody BT.....

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #4697 on: 03 May, 2014, 06:01:54 pm »
It's a beautiful day for a bike ride so I'm stuck in the flat waiting for something that should have been delivered during the week. :-(

And my broadband isn't working. Bloody BT.....

Broadband fault was fixed within 10 minutes of me reporting it  :thumbsup:

My new chair hasn't been delivered.  They quote 5 working days and told me it had been dispatched on Monday,  on Friday the courier sent me a text saying they would deliver within 10 working days.  When I complained to the seller they said they'd send one out for delivery today.......  I think I'll be asking for a refund of the delivery charge if I decide not to cancel the order & go elsewhere  >:(

« Reply #4698 on: 04 May, 2014, 10:51:22 am »
Checking train costs & times on the East Coast site.    5 minutes to change platforms & catch a connection is not practical when you've got a loaded tourer !  At least not without unpleasant amounts of stress & swearing !

« Reply #4699 on: 04 May, 2014, 09:39:30 pm »
Broadband has gone faulty again! Bloody BT!
If I was paying for the service I'd be annoyed! 
Indian repair team seem efficient & helpful so far. Calling me back with an appointment for an engineer.