Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526288 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #1925 on: 08 December, 2016, 05:16:11 pm »
free to watch on Amazon if you have prime:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1891956/
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Road-Uphill-Paul-Thiltges/dp/B0084P5CGK
1h29m " Following Leopard Trek and the Schleck Brothers, focusing upon the team's participation in the prestigious 2011 Tour de France and upon their physical and mental preparation for the biggest cycling event in the world.   "

I'll be giving it a look tonight....
Regards,

Joergen

bhoot

• MemSec (ex-Mrs RRtY)
« Reply #1926 on: 08 December, 2016, 09:11:23 pm »
Chaps and Chapesses,
I don't like to nag but if you are intending to enjoy the January trip to the Velodrome please register your interest soonest.  I need to establish the need for a 2nd instructor, or even cancel the event if no further interest is seen.  So far I have 9 riders which does not make it an economic trip.
You can register your interest by letting me know or paying via PayPal using this link: https://www.paypal.me/GrantHuggins/35
Chapess here... I would like to come along although I would be very happy to be put in the "beginner" group again as there is no way I can go round that track as fast as you old (and fitter) hands...
I will check with fhoot - he may actually be in town then as it's new year holiday week. So please put one definite down and once I've checked with him I will let you know and pay up.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #1927 on: 09 December, 2016, 10:00:27 am »
Chaps and Chapesses,
I don't like to nag but if you are intending to enjoy the January trip to the Velodrome please register your interest soonest.  I need to establish the need for a 2nd instructor, or even cancel the event if no further interest is seen.  So far I have 9 riders which does not make it an economic trip.
You can register your interest by letting me know or paying via PayPal using this link: https://www.paypal.me/GrantHuggins/35
Chapess here... I would like to come along although I would be very happy to be put in the "beginner" group again as there is no way I can go round that track as fast as you old (and fitter) hands...
I will check with fhoot - he may actually be in town then as it's new year holiday week. So please put one definite down and once I've checked with him I will let you know and pay up.
ok bhoot, no problem.  It'll be good to see fhoot whizzing around the boards too!
After my mini paddy to reignite interest there are enough payments and promises to request a 2nd instructor so there will be opportunity for many levels of experience  :)
Not quite at 20 committed places yet but I'm sure we'll get there....next target is to fill all 30 places.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #1928 on: 09 December, 2016, 05:51:47 pm »
I've added you to the Witham Cycling Facebook group page so you can see the event details there, otherwise use these links:
For one person - https://www.paypal.me/GrantHuggins/35
For two people - https://www.paypal.me/GrantHuggins/70

I've used the second link for myself and mini-psyclist.

I can't see the Witham Cycling Facebook page. Are there details elsewhere? We've both cycled at the velodrome before, and know the general stuff.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #1929 on: 09 December, 2016, 06:01:39 pm »
Witham Cycling on Facebook.  Ask to join the group and we will let you in.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1930 on: 09 December, 2016, 06:06:33 pm »
Witham Cycling on Facebook.  Ask to join the group and we will let you in.

Andrew I have just added you to the group.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #1931 on: 09 December, 2016, 06:29:54 pm »
I've added you to the Witham Cycling Facebook group page so you can see the event details there, otherwise use these links:
For one person - https://www.paypal.me/GrantHuggins/35
For two people - https://www.paypal.me/GrantHuggins/70

I've used the second link for myself and mini-psyclist.

I can't see the Witham Cycling Facebook page. Are there details elsewhere? We've both cycled at the velodrome before, and know the general stuff.
:thumbsup:
Most of the stuff on the facebook group event page is about advertising and paying for it, now I have your money there is probably little else of interest there  ;)
I'll try to be at the velodrome from about 7 to check people in and arrange shoe hire if required. Riders should aim to be there between 7 and 7:30 to get sorted with checkin and bike etc.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #1932 on: 09 December, 2016, 10:44:18 pm »
Thanks OD and Huggy. Got the info. I think we're all set, and looking forward to riding the boards again.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1933 on: 15 December, 2016, 08:24:55 am »
Well what a smashing night we had last night!

The Witham Peloton comprised of me, BFC, AndyC33333333333, Christophe and tippers.  We scooped up Oaky along the way.  I also decided that fairy lights were required in addition to festive tunz.

Waiting for us by the General's Arms was Jan and his mate Alan who I thought said his name was Dave.  The ride to The Three Elms was only marred by us losing Jan in the park in Chelmsford but he cleverly made his own way to the pub.  I am one million % certain the doggers down Hurrell's Lane enjoyed the festive tunz too.

At the pub we also found Tomsk and jibbers on his funny coloured fixie. 

Also in attendance was the Dave Warren jazz band, or the Conversation Killers as they could be known.  Chaps, I'm really sorry my Bluetooth speaker blasted out Slade at full volume during one of your numbers.  I think I sat on my phone.  But, having offered my apologies I think you should think again about your festive repertoire, like play some festive tunz!  IT IS CHRISTMAS YOU KNOW  ::-)

Anyhow, when we could chat we did so about the usual bollocks.  And then it was time to go home. 

As usual a lovely night, not too cold, a lovely pub and some nice lanes.  It was smashing to welcome Jan and Dave to our group, please ride with us again.  Also it was good to see Christophe!  But it was a shame the colonials kidnapped huggy once more.

« Reply #1934 on: 15 December, 2016, 01:05:06 pm »
Thanks for a pleasant evening last night. I may come again. Good to catch up with you all. I did quite actually enjoy the Conversation Killers but judging by their reaction to OD I'm not sure they are used to hecklers. Also the miles last night helped me to within 300km of my 10,000km target for the year.
I was hopeful of attending curry next week but my work 'colleague' has apparently booked us in for a session at Jump Street in Chelmsford next Wednesday.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #1935 on: 15 December, 2016, 05:06:36 pm »
If we are planning an ACME BCM peloton, best get an entry in soon, 35 places left....

I've written a cheque  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #1936 on: 16 December, 2016, 10:21:45 am »
If we are planning an ACME BCM peloton, best get an entry in soon, 35 places left....

Top stuff....send it off, there will be no shortage of friendly faces on the ride. It is amazing who turns up for it.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #1937 on: 16 December, 2016, 10:23:17 am »

Good lad, it`s a great ride, especially on fixed. :thumbsup:

I`m sorely tempted to ride this again but need to do some planning.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #1938 on: 16 December, 2016, 10:59:44 am »
As soon as I can get hold of two stamped addressed C5 envelopes I can post it.. my only grip about entries is I would be happy to pay more to not have to find envelopes, put stamps on and an address and post the whole lot over...

However I understand how this must help the organiser - they have enough on their hands without having to write/print out 400 envelopes with the correct addresses! so it is what it is :)

Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #1939 on: 16 December, 2016, 12:11:54 pm »
As soon as I can get hold of two stamped addressed C5 envelopes I can post it.. my only grip about entries is I would be happy to pay more to not have to find envelopes, put stamps on and an address and post the whole lot over...

However I understand how this must help the organiser - they have enough on their hands without having to write/print out 400 envelopes with the correct addresses! so it is what it is :)
I love it....its like doing  DIY or ECE for the first time....when I did it first the excitement of waiting for the cheque to go through (which was confirmation I had a place) was nearly too much to deal with  :facepalm:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #1940 on: 16 December, 2016, 01:06:52 pm »
I'm sure I shall regret this. Which ACME members are considering the Easter Arrow next year?

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #1941 on: 16 December, 2016, 01:25:04 pm »
I'm sure I shall regret this. Which ACME members are considering the Easter Arrow next year?

May well be.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #1942 on: 16 December, 2016, 01:38:13 pm »
u

If the home office can be placated yes

« Reply #1943 on: 16 December, 2016, 01:39:57 pm »
As per Wednesday night, I will consider considering it once we are in 2017  ;D

But it is likely I will be 'having a go' again this year.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #1944 on: 16 December, 2016, 02:26:02 pm »
I'm in for it I thinks....  :thumbsup: (though might have to work out how to deal with teh Fens bit!
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #1945 on: 16 December, 2016, 02:47:44 pm »
I'm in for it I thinks....  :thumbsup: (though might have to work out how to deal with teh Fens bit!
4 mates on bikes will take care of that bit, I promise you!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #1946 on: 16 December, 2016, 03:23:42 pm »
Yes - perhaps more exposure to the Fens will help me to love them! LOL :D

(in other news, 2xC5 envelopes sourced... running out of excuses now!  :facepalm:)
Regards,

Joergen

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #1947 on: 16 December, 2016, 03:39:42 pm »
4 mates on bikes will take care of that bit, I promise you!

And the four Wetherspoons stops.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #1948 on: 17 December, 2016, 08:00:40 am »
I have started an 'ACME LEL Peloton Thread' over on the LEL board.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1949 on: 17 December, 2016, 09:49:08 am »
Me too for Arrow.