Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526252 times)

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #2900 on: 29 January, 2018, 04:58:07 pm »
Jiber's, what are your Max square Strava uploads? What is it? Do I need to do it? Does anyone else care? Is this a prime 234987229876448776 -1? Why can't I lick my own elbow?  ???

Thx,

Here ya go:

http://blog.veloviewer.com/veloviewer-explorer-score-and-max-square/

:thumbsup:

I'm using it as an incentive to ride on my days off....... (every Monday till April)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2901 on: 29 January, 2018, 05:09:21 pm »
Jiber's, what are your Max square Strava uploads? What is it? Do I need to do it? Does anyone else care? Is this a prime 234987229876448776 -1? Why can't I lick my own elbow?  ???

Thx,

Here ya go:

I'm using it as an incentive to ride on my days off....... (every Monday till April)
I fixed it for you  :P

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2902 on: 29 January, 2018, 05:15:53 pm »

Thx,

Here ya go:

haha I wish ! :)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2903 on: 29 January, 2018, 05:23:18 pm »

;D :thumbsup:

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2904 on: 01 February, 2018, 07:46:40 pm »
Tom... does this follow your Woodman route sheet?

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26803869
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #2905 on: 01 February, 2018, 08:58:11 pm »

I think you've got it spot on, including the byways/farm tracks. Thanks!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2906 on: 01 February, 2018, 09:07:59 pm »
Ace I'll do the daughter tomorrow ( ;) ) and we can use it for advertising it. :Thumbs:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #2907 on: 02 February, 2018, 10:54:42 am »
Oh look, a new thread  :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2908 on: 02 February, 2018, 12:51:23 pm »

I think you've got it spot on, including the byways/farm tracks. Thanks!

Daughter off-road
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/26806790

?
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #2909 on: 02 February, 2018, 01:04:22 pm »
^ All good with one exception: your track peels off too early from the Lake Road in the Forest - not marked on RWGPS, but Google earth shows the gravel track to Forest Lodge clearly, nearer to the car park, though you might manage to follow the grassy path visible...

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2910 on: 02 February, 2018, 01:20:36 pm »
^ All good with one exception: your track peels off too early from the Lake Road in the Forest - not marked on RWGPS, but Google earth shows the gravel track to Forest Lodge clearly, nearer to the car park, though you might manage to follow the grassy path visible...

As per this yellow highlight ?  or do you mean follow the gravel track (@12.5km) to take the West clearing rather than the East clearing as routed at the moment
(You should be able to switch to OSM Cycle on the link to see the OS style detail)

Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2911 on: 02 February, 2018, 01:24:39 pm »
Why is it called the Woodman's Daughter?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #2912 on: 02 February, 2018, 01:47:34 pm »
Heads up, anyone interested but not yet entered....
Quote from: K Yates
Brazier's Run 2018

50km and 100km Audax Events from Ugley, Essex
Sunday February 18 at 9.00am

Thank you for your entry to this event.

Due to a family illness, I have not promoted the event as much as in previous years and consequently the number of entrants will be substantially reduced this year.

I will be closing entries on February 11. If you are planning on riding with someone who hasn't yet entered, please encourage them to do so before this date. I will not be accepting entries on the line.

If you have entered this event online you should print off the route sheet and other documentation beforehand - all documentation was updated on February 18, so please make sure you are using the latest copy. There will only be a limited number of spare route sheets available at the start.

Read all of the instructions carefully.

Condensed GPS tracks are also available.

Light refreshments will be available at the club hut at the start of the event, after the first 50km and at the end of the event.

We look forward to seeing you all on the 18th. In the meantime if you have any further questions please contact me using the email address below.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2913 on: 02 February, 2018, 01:59:34 pm »
Yes - I just added a reminder, I'm a bit surprised at the cost must be the hut charge - though I seem to recall you had to buy food from them as well?
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2914 on: 02 February, 2018, 02:48:28 pm »
The food was included the last 2 years....Kieron and his better half make AWESOME cakes.

I've got a guy from work joining me, he's riding the Capetown tour a few weeks after so wants to see where his fitness is...he's not expecting it to be very good  ;D

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2915 on: 02 February, 2018, 02:57:30 pm »
The food was included the last 2 years....Kieron and his better half make AWESOME cakes.

I've got a guy from work joining me, he's riding the Capetown tour a few weeks after so wants to see where his fitness is...he's not expecting it to be very good  ;D

I must be confusing it with one of the other hut rides - sounds like it will be a grand day out then  :thumbsup: (I think I last rode it in 2016 - the day of the visitations and the 27mph headwind!)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2916 on: 02 February, 2018, 04:33:04 pm »
Yeah, the Shaftsbury usually charge a bit for food.

And yes....the headwind in 2016 sucked balls! I remember that being the only time I have ever seen Tomsk looking like he was actually putting any effort in!

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #2917 on: 02 February, 2018, 07:47:38 pm »

As per this yellow highlight ?  or do you mean follow the gravel track (@12.5km) to take the West clearing rather than the East clearing as routed at the moment
(You should be able to switch to OSM Cycle on the link to see the OS style detail)

Yes, the yellow track is it...clearly see where it routes past the first cottage.

The Woodman 100km has lots of the best of Mid-Essex woodlands. The 50km The Woodman's Daughter takes its title from a painting by Millais, based on a poem by Coventry Patmore: http://www.victorianweb.org/painting/millais/paintings/5.html

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2918 on: 03 February, 2018, 08:29:09 am »
Cool!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2919 on: 06 February, 2018, 12:30:39 pm »

Yes, the yellow track is it...clearly see where it routes past the first cottage.

The Woodman 100km has lots of the best of Mid-Essex woodlands. The 50km The Woodman's Daughter takes its title from a painting by Millais, based on a poem by Coventry Patmore: http://www.victorianweb.org/painting/millais/paintings/5.html

Done!  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2920 on: 06 February, 2018, 12:40:15 pm »
jibers, when are you riding The Woodman's Daughter? [grow up, stop sniggering at the back  >:(  ]

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #2921 on: 06 February, 2018, 01:47:04 pm »
jibers, when are you riding The Woodman's Daughter? [grow up, stop sniggering at the back  >:(  ]

I was thinking about some of the off road routes, but I have no plans yet as there are no new squares for me so it would just be if I fancied going out and getting muddy :)
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #2922 on: 06 February, 2018, 05:31:26 pm »
I'd be interested in riding it at some point, as a non-Audax group ride.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #2923 on: 06 February, 2018, 05:56:32 pm »
I'd be interested in riding it at some point, as a non-Audax group ride.

Likewise.

« Reply #2924 on: 07 February, 2018, 03:51:36 pm »
Look what I've just bought!!

A freaking anvil!!! Who fancies dragging that bad boy around on an ACME ride?!

(click to show/hide)
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!