Author Topic: ACME Miscellany  (Read 526352 times)

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
Re: ACME Miscellany
« Reply #5275 on: 14 July, 2022, 08:26:47 pm »
Oh well, looks like I’m going to have to ride to the start  >:(

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #5276 on: 14 July, 2022, 11:19:25 pm »
The hardship is less than mine, by the way what is a train.

« Reply #5277 on: 15 July, 2022, 03:23:21 pm »
Tracking link for Hereward tonight if anyone fancies a bit of dot-watching.

« Reply #5278 on: 15 July, 2022, 03:33:14 pm »
I’m on the route check of my Rutland Midnight Express  300 tonight.   Myself and helper are setting off 11pm from Baldock.  Normally it’d be a midnight start like the event, but trying to make the most of riding whilst cooler. Our routes cross when we are at 75km and you are at 125km between Caldecote and Great Gidding.  Thus if you see a couple of cyclists going other way around there, sometime between 2:30am and 3:00am, that’s us!

« Reply #5279 on: 15 July, 2022, 03:35:07 pm »
Will keep an eye out! :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #5280 on: 16 July, 2022, 07:32:29 pm »
Given it's going to be a hot one next week I was wondering if a mid week bivvy might be the answer, after all, there's little difference between not being able to sleep at home or in a field...

Anyone interested?

Tuesday night?
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #5281 on: 22 July, 2022, 11:50:05 am »
Bernster and I are planning to ride the 100 miler, ECEing from home.

Hmmm…. Beetles off to check diary, potential routes and timings…. It’s about time I looked at stepping up to a 300km and the 100 miler looks near perfect in that regard.

Entered the 100k with the intention of ECE-ing to 300km as the timings work a bit better for me that way.  It will mean a long post event leg of the ECE though which goes against all good advice received from others otp but it’s the only way I can make the day work.

Unfortunately after Hereward The Wake last weekend followed by the mad busy few days I have had with the fire service, I have had to DNS this one as the need to recuperate and catch up on real life has got in the way.  Shame, as the weather forecast is looking great for this. 

« Reply #5282 on: 22 July, 2022, 02:13:25 pm »
Unfortunately after Hereward The Wake last weekend followed by the mad busy few days I have had with the fire service, I have had to DNS this one as the need to recuperate and catch up on real life has got in the way.  Shame, as the weather forecast is looking great for this.

Sorry to hear that, but having been thinking of you when all those fires were being shown on the news earlier this week, it is a very sensible decision.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #5283 on: 22 July, 2022, 03:31:02 pm »
Thanks.  I think I have clocked up 20 odd hours for the fire service since Monday in addition to my normal 37 hours for my main employer, some of it spent chasing field fires about in thick firefighting kit in 39 degree heat.  The physical effort and lack of sleep has taken more out of me than I thought, coming as it did straight after Hereward.  I am off on my hols at the end of the month but hopefully will catch up with everyone at either an upcoming midweek pub stop or Hopstock.

felstedrider

« Reply #5284 on: 22 July, 2022, 04:14:47 pm »
We still lie in 3rd in the club points but it's not clear a gap over ACB.

I'm not done yet and have a couple of trip still to go.   I won't be scrabbling round into October, though.

I'll next be riding locally on the Hopstock 200.   The start is too close for me to miss this one.

« Reply #5285 on: 22 July, 2022, 05:16:16 pm »
I’ll be steadily racking up the points.

I’m still undecided whether to ride The Hafren on the Hopstock weekend, which I entered a long time ago, or ECE the Hopstock 120km.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

felstedrider

« Reply #5286 on: 23 July, 2022, 06:30:44 pm »
I’ll be steadily racking up the points.

I’m still undecided whether to ride The Hafren on the Hopstock weekend, which I entered a long time ago, or ECE the Hopstock 120km.

I have travelled quite a lot this year and used the car far more than I would like.   The next set of rides (and last weekend) all start from my front door.

So far I have really enjoyed seeing some new bits of the country.   I definitely need to do some Scottish rides next year.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #5287 on: 23 July, 2022, 07:16:26 pm »
Thanks.  I think I have clocked up 20 odd hours for the fire service since Monday in addition to my normal 37 hours for my main employer, some of it spent chasing field fires about in thick firefighting kit in 39 degree heat.  The physical effort and lack of sleep has taken more out of me than I thought, coming as it did straight after Hereward.  I am off on my hols at the end of the month but hopefully will catch up with everyone at either an upcoming midweek pub stop or Hopstock.

Nice to ride most of the Hereward with you, my ankle survived, so now looking at ramping up the mileage - I was doubtful at the launch to the point I rode on gears.

Doubt I can contribute to the club top six though.

« Reply #5288 on: 23 July, 2022, 08:13:35 pm »

Nice to ride most of the Hereward with you, my ankle survived, so now looking at ramping up the mileage - I was doubtful at the launch to the point I rode on gears.

Doubt I can contribute to the club top six though.

Good to hear the ankle is ok.  Thanks for dragging me around large sections of the Hereward, I would have found it much tougher than I did without the company and the wheel to sit on.  Thanks also for the bits of advice.  I know I previously said I wasn’t interested in going for longer distances but ….. a solo 400km DIY route is already in the planning.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #5289 on: 23 July, 2022, 09:26:18 pm »
Is there likely to be any kit available at the R&R? I'm thinking a nice new ACME jersey could be good for my KAW tour later in August
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5290 on: 24 July, 2022, 08:03:50 am »
Is there likely to be any kit available at the R&R? I'm thinking a nice new ACME jersey could be good for my KAW tour later in August
There will be jerseys & caps available, some jersey sizes have limited or no stock.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #5291 on: 24 July, 2022, 01:17:37 pm »
I imagine I'd be a small or medium.  In case you have any, can you let me know prices and payment method - card/cash etc
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #5292 on: 24 July, 2022, 02:13:49 pm »
I imagine I'd be a small or medium.  In case you have any, can you let me know prices and payment method - card/cash etc
I have Men's SS jersey in M, XL, XXL & XXL, Ladies SS Jersey in S,M & L
Given the sizing is based on small Italian children may I offer Sir an XL? It may be a closer fit than the label suggests, after all it's only a label!

SS jerseys are £45
LS jerseys are £60
Gilets are £50
Caps are £13

Cash/Card/PayPal are all payment options
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

« Reply #5293 on: 24 July, 2022, 02:38:40 pm »
I have Men's SS jersey in M, XL, XXL & XXL, Ladies SS Jersey in S,M & L
Given the sizing is based on small Italian children may I offer Sir an XL? It may be a closer fit than the label suggests, after all it's only a label!

SS jerseys are £45
LS jerseys are £60
Gilets are £50
Caps are £13

Cash/Card/PayPal are all payment options

Hi Huggy do you have a Gillet in size big enough for me ? Marquee ?
If so are you going to be at the MEMWNS this week ?

Thanks
Owen
Old Enough to know better, young enough not to care.
Facebook, the toilet wall of the modern generation

« Reply #5294 on: 25 July, 2022, 12:44:43 am »
I’d like a SS jersey in my size, please. I’ll let you decide!

felstedrider

« Reply #5295 on: 25 July, 2022, 07:47:01 am »
I'm a small in most brands.   I had to buy a large ACME jersey.

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Re: ACME Miscellany.
« Reply #5296 on: 25 July, 2022, 04:26:20 pm »
LEL starts in Essex. Does that mean I can use it for my Essex SR? (I am missing a 600 because I had to to DNS the Fenland Friends [Flatlands Reversed] 600 due to COVID Round II.)
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #5297 on: 25 July, 2022, 05:18:05 pm »
Think I used it as part of my Essex SR in 2017  :thumbsup:

« Reply #5298 on: 25 July, 2022, 09:25:05 pm »
Back to a bit of dot watching.  TCR8 - Joss looks to be doing well.  All the 8s - Number 88 in TCR8 is the one to look for.

https://www2.followmychallenge.com/live/tcrno8

« Reply #5299 on: 25 July, 2022, 09:45:43 pm »
Tapping details, finding the riders you are interested in, set them as favourites by tapping the star, then filter for favourites. Makes it a lot easier to see how they are doing.