General Category > The Knowledge

Hand Made In Britain

<< < (15/18) > >>

rogerzilla:
I think he makes hand brazed denim jeans now.

LittleWheelsandBig:

--- Quote from: Tom B on 18 March, 2009, 04:25:05 pm ---Moulton, whehter AM or TSR?
Any other Pashley bikes?

--- End quote ---

All Moultons (except Bridgestone Moultons) and all Pashleys are built in Britain.  Even the Pashley Pickle.  Useless trivia: It uses the same fork crown as early 1960's Moultons.

LittleWheelsandBig:

--- Quote from: clarion on 18 March, 2009, 02:54:44 pm ---
Brompton (after a period of outsourcing, they brought it back).

--- End quote ---

Only the Ti rear triangles and forks (and most components) are outsourced AFAIK.

Pneumant:

--- Quote from: Really Ancien on 19 March, 2009, 06:16:53 pm ---It's a funny old trade the cycle business. I can remember going to Ribble Cycles in 1969 to get my first racer, it was a Carlton Continental, standard apart from alloy 'Nisi Evian' rims. Back then Ribble sold all sorts of stuff. I wonder when they moved into selling only their own bikes, they've been a remarkable success story. They're still have the same shop they started in in 1897, but I doubt they ever made their own frames.

Damon.

--- End quote ---

Wrong! - Ribble used to make and paint their own frames in Kirkham, Lancs.  This was also where the mail order operation and main  warehouse used to operate from.

Additional historic note - Ribble also sold Peugeots in the 1980's.

Jakob:

--- Quote from: Robbo on 18 March, 2009, 06:27:09 pm ---
--- Quote from: Chris N on 18 March, 2009, 03:50:36 pm ---
Oh, and Steve Goff - somewhere in the South-East.

--- End quote ---

South-East West Lancashire.
Steve Goff Cycles & Frames

--- End quote ---

I got my frame built by Steve. Some of the best money I ever spent and when my partner gets a bit more experience, I'll order a frame for her there as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version