Author Topic: Garmin gsc10 cadence sensor problem  (Read 1613 times)

321up

• 59° N
Garmin gsc10 cadence sensor problem
« on: 17 July, 2015, 03:05:39 pm »
I've been using our Etrex30 with a gsc10 cadence sensor for over a year and that works.

We have just bought an Etrex30x and a 2nd gsc10 cadence sensor for another bike and those work together.

What I can't get to work is the Etrex30 with the new gsc10 cadence sensor (won't connect, just says searching).  I've made sure the other gps and sensor are off and out of range.  I've tried the reset button on the cadence sensor and search for new on the gps.  I've tried removing the battery from the cadence sensor and clearing the sensor by shorting the contacts on the sensor.  I've tried different profiles on the Etrex30.  It is as though the cadence sensor has permanantly locked itself to the other gps.

We want to be able to use either gps with either cadence sensor.  Is that possible?  How?  If that won't work then I want to be able to use one gps (Etrex30) with either of the sensors.  Surely that should work!?

Re: Garmin gsc10 cadence sensor problem
« Reply #1 on: 20 July, 2015, 11:11:47 am »
The only thing I can think of is that you're maybe not out of range of the other sensor. They have a surprising reach!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #2 on: 21 July, 2015, 10:02:39 pm »
I had exactly same issue, seems that once Etrex 30 is programmed into one gcs then it won`t find another. I tried a lot of resetting gcs, new search etc but etrex just remembered original setup with another gcs.
 Garmin support suggested, IIRC, resetting Etrex and gcs but that would be a right faff each time swopped.
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

321up

• 59° N
« Reply #3 on: 22 July, 2015, 04:58:53 pm »
I had exactly same issue, seems that once Etrex 30 is programmed into one gcs then it won`t find another. I tried a lot of resetting gcs, new search etc but etrex just remembered original setup with another gcs.
 Garmin support suggested, IIRC, resetting Etrex and gcs but that would be a right faff each time swopped.

Thanks for the info and confirming that it's not just me.

Resetting the etrex to swap between bikes is not viable as too many settings will be lost.  So there's no point buying more than one GCS10 if you only have one etrex.   :facepalm:

I wonder if there is a config file for the Ant settings - if I can find out which file it is I could overwrite it with the backup I made when it was new (and possibly create a version of the config file for each GCS10)?  [messing about with the etrex system files might cause other undesired effects though]   ???