Author Topic: Ninja Foodi AG301UK indoor grill/airfryer  (Read 2624 times)

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
Ninja Foodi AG301UK indoor grill/airfryer
« on: 14 September, 2020, 03:27:03 pm »
Anyone YACFers got one, had any experience of them?

https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-health-grill-air-fryer-ag301uk/

I fear I'm a kitchen gadget freak :-[

Reasons for considering something like this, is I have a real phobia about frying/sauteing/browning/Maillard reactioning foods on a cheap and nasty solid electric plate hob + the splatter of oil everywhere + the smoke alarm going off screwing my ears and head + I hate the sound of the overhead fan extractor, not to mention all the gloop that gets stuck up up it and I can't clean cos of stiff neck/old body/laziness/etc

There's a lot of crzy (mainly USAnian hype) out there re these things, which one, (cynical old grumpy bastard), is obviously alarmed by.

I did come across a YouTube video which pointed to the possibly awkward cleaning of the Ninja too

Re: Ninja Foodi AG301UK indoor grill/airfryer
« Reply #1 on: 14 September, 2020, 07:50:51 pm »
If your smoke alarm goes off when cooking (unless your toast is actually on fire) it usually means you have the wrong sort of smoke alarm for a kitchen. There are two types, one that works on detecting opacity in the air so gets triggered by steam from cooking and the other type which works by detecting heat. You want the second type in a kitchen.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

ian

« Reply #3 on: 16 September, 2020, 10:43:42 am »
They seem a bit of a gimmick. Kitchens make grease, you have to figure on an extractor fan and a need to eventually redecorate.

Gadgets though, I do like my egg slicer. I could slice an egg, but I like the sensation of a putting an egg in it and slicing it en masse. And my Magimix (though Bad Cat is terrified by the contraption).

« Reply #4 on: 01 November, 2020, 03:29:56 pm »
Choosing an indoor grill for my kitchen I was torn between Ninja Foodi AG301UK and Delonghi BG24 (Like this one https://grillguru.org/best-indoor-grill/#product6). Delonghi looked much prettier than Ninja and it wasn't as heavy. But Ninja could be washed in a dishwasher. Also, I managed to find more reviews on Ninja, so I bought it and definitely got satisfied with it. So if you already took it, I hope you are happy with your purchase.

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #5 on: 01 November, 2020, 06:37:01 pm »
. . .  Ninja, so I bought it and definitely got satisfied with it. So if you already took it, I hope you are happy with your purchase.

The Ninja AG301UK beast was indeed bought. There's only one way to experience stuff, after all. And I knew of a friend who would be gagging to take it off my hands (for a substantial discount)

Early days, with some very positive cooking results - lovely grilled sausages and celeriac 'steaks'

However, we shall see - my initial brief experience is slightly lagging behind 'expectations'

Mind you, I'm a slow learner, any road up ::-)

« Reply #6 on: 06 November, 2020, 02:08:44 pm »
Someone told me you can bake bread in one of these. Is this correct?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

slope

• Current pedalable joys
« Reply #7 on: 06 November, 2020, 03:10:07 pm »
Someone told me you can bake bread in one of these. Is this correct?

I haven't got around to that yet, but it's on my to do/try list - just because I'm curious. However, there's only 110mm height space, so a round loaf might work?

Various searches show that it is possible to not only bake bread, but also proof using the dehydrate function.

I'm very very happy baking various types of breads in a regular domestic electric oven though