Author Topic: Help in designing new pizza recipe.  (Read 3274 times)

sprogs

• from your big sister, Steve.
Re: Help in designing new pizza recipe.
« Reply #25 on: 14 January, 2021, 06:07:48 pm »
I am intrigued by celeriac. I have tried and loved it and found it's pyroflatulatory  attributes to be quite satisfactory.
The question is, how to apply it to pizza in an attractive form.
The Jerusalem artrichokes I intended to arrange like fish scales in that quarter of the pizza. Perhaps sauteed celeriac ? arranged the same way ?

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
« Reply #26 on: 14 January, 2021, 06:33:00 pm »
I am intrigued by celeriac.

Sorry to go off topic ::-) - but, apart from the attractiveness of celeriac in its un-naked self, this non pizza recipe turned me right on - and continues to do so after several years:

Chunky celeriac & Puy lentils

2 tablespoon olive oil
2 clove garlic finely chopped
1 red or yellow onion roughly chopped
1  red pepper cut into largish pieces
300g celeriac peeled and cut to 1in cubes
2 tablespoon tomato puree or half a can of chopped toms
pinch dried chilli flakes
200g puy lentils
400ml hot chicken stock (vegetarians may substitute vegetable stock)
salt and freshly ground black pepper
fresh basil leaf to garnish

1. Place the olive oil into a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper and soften, stirring occasionally.

2. Add the garlic and celeriac and stir for a couple of minutes

3. Add the tomato purée/chopped toms and chilli flakes and cook for a further minute.

4. Add the lentils and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

5. Season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour into a warm bowl.

Garnish with fresh basil and serve.

:thumbsup: :P

= big gob fulls of texturally sexy celeriac cubes and nutty lentils with perfumed topping of basil

I'd eat it on a pizza dough - to really strike it home

sprogs

• from your big sister, Steve.
« Reply #27 on: 16 January, 2021, 06:17:14 pm »
O.K. we're getting close.
1st quarter - Jerusalem artichokes, parboiled.
2nd quarter - celeriac as above
3rd quarter - sauteed sprouts
One more to go !
Oh, by the way, blue cheese (probably Dolcelatte) sprinkled over.

« Reply #28 on: 17 January, 2021, 06:46:44 pm »
Nothing get me going like mince pies. Not sure you can put that much dried fruit on a pizza though.  :sick:
Calzone ?

Just made some calzones with leek, smoked garlic and chestnut mushroom (all fried slowly in hemp oil until soft) as the filling. Trying out a new sourdough pizza dough recipe. They look OK but the proof will be in the eating.

Not in the windy stakes though (I hope).

Mind you, I did get very windy* after eating a couple of roasted bulbs of elephant garlic once, maybe try that?

GC

*extreme windy followed by sitting on the loo until empty then going to bed as nearly fainted, I then craved some McCoys crisps- my SO went and bought some for me and after scoffing about 4 small bags (normally 3 too many as they are super-salty), I suddenly felt better. Most odd.