Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 273748 times)

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
I was about to agree that it is a beautiful bright crisp morning. But the weather said, oops, this is Llandysul, sorry.  Here you go. Rain.

Not just you lot over there. It started raining here in Suffolk sometime around late lunchtime and just got heavier and heavier. I have no idea if it's stopped yet; I just can't bring myself to look outside.

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
My device recorded 0.2mm between 8 and 9pm today, but nothing else.
The loss of humanity I could live with.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
~3.5 mm overnight, sunny now. Neighbour's meadow suitable for hosting ducks, pike, Spruce Goose, etc.  Field behind our barn has tides. Roads not flooded but filthy wet.  Bike staying in.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
I was about to agree that it is a beautiful bright crisp morning. But the weather said, oops, this is Llandysul, sorry.  Here you go. Rain.

And an exact repeat today.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Faster on the level bits of the laden return from Mr Sainsbury’s House of Toothy Comestibles than on the descent of the Great East Face on the way there.

Wind.  *** and Super D would be beside themselves.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
We haz a hail!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Beardy

• Shedist
I am NOT going to do gardening in that <fx:points out of the window>
 There is hoolie bourn moister. Lots of moister.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

So far today sleet, rain, hail, gale (ish). Yuck. A local weather station has recorded 240mm or rain this year, some 12mm today. It didn't start until 07:00 and aits not yet lunchtime!
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Basil

• Help me!
It snew.
Lawn and hill sides were white when I got up this morning.
It's gone now.

It's rained most of yesterday and most of this morning. A few hours have passed and it's now raining again. 🌧  :(
the slower you go the more you see

This is from the Beth Chatto Garden email newsletter. The garden is near Colchester.

As I'm sure you noticed, February was another extraordinarily wet month. A whopping 129mm of rainfall was measured and recorded, a stark contrast to the same month last year when the total rainfall was a meager 1.5mm!

"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Yes, around here last year I'm sure we had zero rain in Feb. We did get a deluge before I went away in mid March.

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Basil

• Help me!
Meanwhile, on a morning in Llandysul.
"Wot? No rain?"  :D

Meanwhile, on a morning in Llandysul.
"Wot? No rain?"  :D

Must be a glitch in the matrix.  :demon:
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

A Welsh Rare bit?
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Basil

• Help me!
For dog's sake.  >:(
Why is the weather still doing February's greatest hits?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
It's doing 14C and sunny here.  Just to torment me.  I expect that February's greatest hits are on their way over and will arrive in an hour or two.

If it would just stop raining for a few days, that would be great. Give the garden a chance to dry out from its current swamp-like status.
"There are proven ways; play on the certain knowledge of their superiority, the mystique of secret covenant, the esprit of shared suffering"

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
The unremitting rain (in the driest part of UK) is beginning to get seriously depressing. I like a bit of Zwift, and I don't take too much persuasion to waste a day on the computer, but it's beyond a joke now. I used to like gardening.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
First thunderstorm of the year approaching out of that Germany. According to forecast it should have been here two hours ago, tut.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
First thunderstorm of the year approaching out of that Germany. According to forecast it should have been here two hours ago, tut.
It's like Deutsche Bahn now, everything is late that used to be Pünktlich!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk