Author Topic: Campag Centaur old/new compatability  (Read 1966 times)

Campag Centaur old/new compatability
« on: 29 June, 2012, 05:49:20 pm »
This morning the carbon faceplate of my 3 year old Campag Centaur rear mech failed spectacularly, (wrecking the rear wheel, tearing off the gear hanger, twisting the chain through 180 degrees and of course flat spotting the rear tyre).  Fortunately I stayed on and a club mate behind managed to get around me without drama.
I notice that the new Centaur rear mech has been re-designed (with an alloy face plate), does anyone know if it would be compatable with the old Centaur Ergo brake/gear lever.
I've tried to contact 'Campag Service' through their website (campagnoloservice@jimwalker.co.uk) but that address seems to be non-functione as is the telephone number.

Re: Campag Centaur old/new compatability
« Reply #1 on: 29 June, 2012, 11:22:58 pm »

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #2 on: 30 June, 2012, 09:18:36 am »
^ That's a bit out of date because there have been changes in the last few years that affect indexing in some cases.  Sorry I'm not sure of the details myself.  I'm afraid I've given up trying to keep up with Campag's messings about.

Buy old stock if in doubt.

It's not the first time I've heard of carbon mech plates failing.  Worrying, cos I've got a carbon Record.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #3 on: 01 July, 2012, 11:29:36 am »
Thanks Guys, I've emailed Graeme. :thumbsup: