Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by grams on Today at 11:13:28 am »
There are about 7 different routes between the ends of the lines (Edinburgh and Glasgow). And that's just the ones in central Scotland.

I'd expect it's something more arcane about how many trains of what type they can keep overnight in which depot.
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Running
« Last post by toontra on Today at 11:05:34 am »
Do you think it is mostly the difference in impact?  I wondered if it might be more in the variability - that on a smooth hard surface you are repeating exactly the same movement every time, and wearing exactly the same points of cartilage, muscle or tendon over exactly the same range every time.  Whereas on a varied surface those movements will be irregular and so perhaps not hit the same concentration in one place over the run. 

Interesting point.  I'd have thought that modern decent running shoes would significantly mitigate the impact effect of tarmac so perhaps the answer lies elsewhere?
The Pub / Re: Tune Association II - Son of Tune Association
« Last post by Robh on Today at 11:03:45 am »
You Make Loving Fun - Fleetwood Mac
Phototalk / Re: Cheap but good point and shoot 35mm camera
« Last post by noisycrank on Today at 11:02:44 am »
I have a couple of XA2 s and a Mju 
One holiday we had a a black plastic camera competition. Everyone got one roll of film which I got processed when we got back and I picked the shot I liked the best. I think it was the Mju that won.
Online quizzes / Re: Wordle
« Last post by Robh on Today at 11:00:17 am »
Wordle 1,041 3/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
The Sporting Life / Re: Liverpool
« Last post by toontra on Today at 10:59:36 am »
True enough - I was being overly pessimistic :)  But it's pretty depressing none the less. 

Any ideas as to what has gone wrong in recent games?
Racing / Re: RATN 2024.
« Last post by quixoticgeek on Today at 10:58:34 am »

Who is the Caribbean entrant?  I scanned through the list and didn't spot anyone.

Well I've since learned they are Bermudan... Which is not in the Carribbean...

I have updated the post accordingly.

J
The Pub / Re: eBay rant
« Last post by Asterix, the former Gaul. on Today at 10:55:31 am »
Been looking for a cheap bike on ebay that I can use on a turbo trainer.  A near impossible quest - I can't believe what people are asking for junk!

Anything near cheap has a stuck seatpost and was cheaper from new.
On The Road / Re: On the commute today
« Last post by teamerchant on Today at 10:32:47 am »
Why TF is it so cold??? On the plus side, nearly up to 1500miles of commuting by bike in the past ~ 8 months.
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by T42 on Today at 10:32:25 am »
Turned round to pick up a spanner in the workshop, and as I swung back to the bike I was working on I swept a dismounted 10-spd cassette off the bench. A hearty game of Hunt the Cog ensued. I eventually won.

Just came in for a breather and realized that I didn't count all the spacers back in.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10