Linked Events

• Fiets in Beeld: 16 April, 2021 - 18 April, 2021

Author Topic: 2021 BRM1000 Fiets in Beeld (Bike in View or Bike in Statue) Delft - Holland  (Read 3083 times)

On Friday 16 April there will be a BRM1000 in Delft, The Netherlands. It will be 3 loops. Hotels and Campings are on walking distance from the start. It will be a variety of landscapes forrest and heather, dikes and rivers, Sea and dunes. Old and modern Castles. And a homage to cyclist:
- Jan Janssen
- Joop Zoetemelk
- Gerrie Knetemann
- Arie van Vliet
- Wim van Est
- Leontien van Moorsel
- Marianne Vos
- Steven Rooks
- Queen Beatrix
https://administratiekantoorxhensing.nl/fiets-in-beeld/
https://administratiekantoorxhensing.nl/fiets-in-beeld/fiets-in-beeld-english/

rob

Interested.   I was just seeing how to get there and it looks like 20k from Hook of Holland.

There is a night ferry that arrives at 08:00 but it looks like that would be too late if the bunches leave between 06:00 and 08:00.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small
Like the look of that, but I'd put the chances of being able to travel by April 2021 without taking 6 weeks of holiday and spending most of it in Quarantine somewhere between Zero and None.

Can't see the route in Detail but the first loop sounds like I've ridden a fair whack of it, certainly most of from Hoek to Bergen-an-zee ish and part of the return may match what I did from Bergen to Delft.
I may have ridden some of the bit in Zeeland

There is a night ferry that arrives at 08:00 but it looks like that would be too late if the bunches leave between 06:00 and 08:00.

When we have used the ferry previously, we generally plan on getting away from the port by 8:30am. Generally you can be on the road earlier, but not reliably.

In any case, not making getting to the start on time a possibility. Maybe go the previous night, and spend a day sightseeing!

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
Interested.   I was just seeing how to get there and it looks like 20k from Hook of Holland.

I've entered, plan on arriving the day before and camping nearby. ideally finding others to share the cabin cost if overnight crossing(s).

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
1000k in mid-April?

Is this Normal for Netherlands??
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
1000k in mid-April?

It's a lovely time of year to cycle in .NL. It's peak tulip season for starters...

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

rob

I've entered, plan on arriving the day before and camping nearby. ideally finding others to share the cabin cost if overnight crossing(s).

You’re keen.  I’m really not planning that far ahead yet.  I did for this year and it didn’t turn out very well.

FifeingEejit

• Not Small

When we have used the ferry previously, we generally plan on getting away from the port by 8:30am. Generally you can be on the road earlier, but not reliably.

In any case, not making getting to the start on time a possibility. Maybe go the previous night, and spend a day sightseeing!

Think it took me a bit more than that to get out of Europoort last winter, that was without having to answer any of the arrival questions since I was still EU citizen at the time.
It could be the full set including "show me your hotel bookings for every night or prove you've got x per night in your bank account" by then

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
  without having to answer any of the arrival questions since I was still EU citizen at the time.
It could be the full set including "show me your hotel bookings for every night or prove you've got x per night in your bank account" by then
No surely that'll never ever happen!
Well, what I mean is: that wasn't written on the side of a bus.....
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

Thanks for posting this, looks interesting.  At the moment my 2020 RATN entry has been bumped to 2021, but something a little shorter could be more appealing next year...

1000k in mid-April?

In qualifying for PBP the BRM400 was around the same period. It is a good way to build up, where you can ride most / in its entirety in 3 days with daylight. The course is mainly flat.

Cheers,

Xander.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
This is back on for May 2022!

A friend asked if I could cover some maths teaching next term which I agreed to as long as it was OK to miss a few days to ride this.

My plan is day ferry over from Harwich on Thursday, back overnight on Monday.