Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1253569 times)

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #550 on: 14 April, 2009, 01:36:51 pm »
Great if they can do it!  It was horrid returning to the south east of England after.  And yes - solid sunshine :D
Getting there...

alan

« Reply #551 on: 14 April, 2009, 03:12:48 pm »
This forthcoming Wednesday weigh-in will be interesting after a four day weeekend with too many cooked breakfasts,lunches & evening meals of the 3 course + wine variety & no cycling :demon:

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #552 on: 14 April, 2009, 04:05:31 pm »
I'm avoiding tomorrow's weigh-in by travelling. :)  (No scales at home, I use ones at the gym).  Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be in any better shape by next Wednesday, when I'll be back to work.  :-\
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #553 on: 15 April, 2009, 09:43:19 am »
Back up to 100.2kg, so below target 1.

That's the result of no cycling and a number of cooked breakfasts (and too many sweets) :-[

Hopefully, I'll be back on track by next week - let's see what the weeked holds! :o
Getting there...

« Reply #554 on: 15 April, 2009, 09:46:18 am »
Good, not much cycling this week but managed to stay roughly the same weight. Then again, there's almost no point comparing individual weeks as the variance due to hydration levels is about 4 times what I hope to lose each week. Must get out of this habit.

More big miles to come in late April and May (hilly 300 - Elenith, hilly 600 - Bryan Chapman, hilly 400 - London to Cornwall). :)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #555 on: 15 April, 2009, 09:47:13 am »
Too much chocolate for me. Put a few pounds back on.

« Reply #556 on: 15 April, 2009, 10:27:54 am »
Me too :-[
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #557 on: 15 April, 2009, 10:45:08 am »
Me too :-[

But you're beautiful and perfect anyway! :-* :)
Getting there...

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #558 on: 16 April, 2009, 12:51:56 pm »
Gah. Back on track.  99.6kg.  But a day too late. :(

Never mind.  I've been winning by the rules, I can take some knocks by the rules as well.  I just need to recognise that I am benefiting from the reduced weight for the week, and have a head start on next week's weigh in, so I ought to get a decent rating.
Getting there...

alan

« Reply #559 on: 16 April, 2009, 03:39:18 pm »
Up by half a kilo which is not too shabby considering how much I ate over the Easter weekend & no exercise  :(

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #560 on: 20 April, 2009, 11:03:44 am »
Uggh I went way off in my calorie in/out earlier this month.  I had stomach bug followed by a week of not commuting due to half term.  I gained approx a kilo

Anyway, I now have a new goal in mind.  80Kg for the K&SW 600 at the end of May.  That's 39 days time.  According to my calculations

A kilo of flab is 7716 calories

I need to loose another 2.2Kg so that's 16975 calories

16975 divided by 39 is 435 calorie deficit, on average, per day.  Ouch.  I guess I'd better get used to going to bed hungry quick :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #561 on: 22 April, 2009, 10:38:52 am »
Gah. Back on track.  99.6kg.  But a day too late. :(

Never mind.  I've been winning by the rules, I can take some knocks by the rules as well.  I just need to recognise that I am benefiting from the reduced weight for the week, and have a head start on next week's weigh in, so I ought to get a decent rating.

Yeah.  Eating too many chocolates & big dinners doesn't help in that.

100.6kg - back to where I was a month ago, after two weeks of gaining weight.

Still, I'm riding hard, and hope to catch it back...
Getting there...

alan

« Reply #562 on: 22 April, 2009, 03:03:30 pm »
Up by half a kilo which is not too shabby considering how much I ate over the Easter weekend & no exercise  :(

lost that half kilo :)

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #563 on: 22 April, 2009, 03:07:29 pm »
Well done! :)
Getting there...

« Reply #564 on: 23 April, 2009, 08:16:18 am »
I hit my target last week via a nasty dose of the trots & :sick:
Back on track now.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #565 on: 23 April, 2009, 12:29:42 pm »
I saw a TV show the other night about Obesity surgery.  Mrs vorsprung likes that sort of thing.  Anyway, the best bit was what the surgeon had for lunch

"I never eat any beige food", he pronounced.  "I find a tin of tuna fish is good.  It fits in your pocket and doesn't need refrigeration"
Then he took the piss out of one of his team as she was eating crisps

So I'm having a tin of tuna for lunch today instead of a sandwich!  200g tin is 150 kcal

« Reply #566 on: 23 April, 2009, 09:59:17 pm »
We're having the bathroom rebuilt, so the scales are hidden in a cupboard. Good thing I expect, on at least three counts:
  • The easter bunny brought eggs the kids didn't like (creme) so I had to help out with them
  • I've not been on the bike for a couple of weeks because getting sweaty with no shower until I get to work is undesirable
  • I had the snip yesterday and even your most broken in and sofa-like brooks saddle doesn't appeal right now  :o

So, damage limitation for a bit then some extra riding to get back on track.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #567 on: 29 April, 2009, 12:19:45 pm »
Achieved target (again ::-) ).  Just.  100.0kg

I feel pretty good about that, and I hope I'll manage to stay below that now.
Getting there...

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #568 on: 29 April, 2009, 12:58:41 pm »

I got to the target too!  79.9kg.  I have to keep it down at that kind of level now!  I don't think it is due to dehydration or anything like that.  I have recovered from the Elenith now.

« Reply #569 on: 29 April, 2009, 01:39:36 pm »
I don't think it is due to dehydration or anything like that.  I have recovered from the Elenith now.

I find that any weight loss from doing a long Audax (I don't anywhere near the calories I expend) takes about a week to show up (looking at daily weigh-ins and mentally compensating for how hydrated I am, or not).

I would have been about the same weight last week had I played 5-a-side the night before. I'd expect to see 78.x next week, however I'm going to the pub and watching the football as the 5-a-side has been cancelled so it will probably be high 79s or low 80s, even though I have probably lost a small chunk of weight.

Anyway, general trends and all that...

alan

« Reply #570 on: 29 April, 2009, 05:17:56 pm »
I shall not be posting here for two or three weeks.It will be interesting to see what difference 1500km of riding & very many cooked breakfasts,porridge,jelly babies,fig biscuits,malt loaves,chocolate bars,jacket potatoes,beans,tuna & beer makes :-\

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #571 on: 29 April, 2009, 05:26:32 pm »

I got to the target too!  79.9kg.  I have to keep it down at that kind of level now!  I don't think it is due to dehydration or anything like that.  I have recovered from the Elenith now.

Well done. :)
Getting there...

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #572 on: 29 April, 2009, 05:29:03 pm »
Beer Ah yes!  Aparrantly Stella has 221 cals /pint,  Beer? 180cals/pint and Guiness ONLY 170 cals/pint. :thumbsup: :P

« Reply #573 on: 29 April, 2009, 06:34:22 pm »
Some of the "premier" lagers, like Enigma (the one that Guinness did a while back) were up to about 340kcal a pint. Can't think of another current example.

alan

« Reply #574 on: 29 April, 2009, 06:50:58 pm »
and Guiness ONLY 170 cals/pint. :thumbsup: :P

that's my idea of an incentive ;)