Author Topic: Kinky Cycling Boots, Sandals, Knitwear and saggy items  (Read 17590 times)

slope

• Inclined to distraction
    • Current pedalable joys
Kinky Cycling Boots, Sandals, Knitwear and saggy items
« on: 13 January, 2014, 03:58:45 pm »
As the Winter Boots) thread https://yacf.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=77401.0 was getting clogged :o

Re: Members' Kinky Cycling Boots and Sandals
« Reply #1 on: 27 January, 2014, 04:37:47 pm »
Working my way up to inferior.

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 27 January, 2014, 04:48:11 pm »
Time ATACs  :D
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #3 on: 27 January, 2014, 05:42:53 pm »
Haven't we seen that picture before - some years ago?

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #4 on: 27 January, 2014, 05:53:08 pm »
Haven't we seen that picture before - some years ago?

You have, I still wear them when the weather's nice.  Several of the mid-Essex lads have made me indecent offers (of money  ::-) ) for them but I like them so much I will sell them to no-one   ;D

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5 on: 30 January, 2014, 05:00:16 pm »
I'm confused - they seem to be OD's shoes but that doesn't look anything like a reindeer leg!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

Oscar's dad

« Reply #7 on: 30 January, 2014, 05:41:05 pm »
I'm confused - they seem to be OD's shoes but that doesn't look anything like a reindeer leg!

On the occasion that photo was taken I had reefed the legs of the Musky Reindeer Pelt of Destiny due to high winds.  If anyone of a nautical bent is reading this they maybe interested to know that The Pelt is fitted with slab as opposed to roller reefing.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #8 on: 30 January, 2014, 05:44:20 pm »
If anyone of a nautical bent is reading this they maybe interested to know that The Pelt is fitted with slab as opposed to roller reefing.

Oddly, thanks to lots of wiksand-related reading yesterday, I actually know what that means.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #9 on: 30 January, 2014, 05:50:50 pm »
I have always thought that slab reefing, although not as flexible as roller reefing, is a much more robust solution as there is far less to go wrong.  And if your mainsail is fully battened you can use jack stays and one of those clever boom cover cum bag things so one's fully lowered main just drops into the bag cum boom cover and you just zip it up.  Simples!

Please may I claim today's prize for taking a thread the furthest off-topic?  ;D

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #10 on: 30 January, 2014, 06:25:50 pm »
Kinky boots to cum bags?  Must try harder.

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #11 on: 30 January, 2014, 07:00:26 pm »
I have always thought that slab reefing, although not as flexible as roller reefing, is a much more robust solution as there is far less to go wrong. 

Quite so, but then you have to convince your (in)competent crew to go out on the coachroof and fuck about topping lifts and ram's horns when it's blowing a hoolie and you're hove to and everything's flogging about like a bastard!

Please may I claim today's prize for taking a thread the furthest off-topic?  ;D

Yes :-)

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #12 on: 30 January, 2014, 08:25:31 pm »
If anyone of a nautical bent is reading this they maybe interested to know that The Pelt is fitted with slab as opposed to roller reefing.

Oddly, thanks to lots of wiksand-related reading yesterday, I actually know what that means.
And I always thought you were Nancy. Or at least Peggy.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #13 on: 30 January, 2014, 09:06:28 pm »

And I always thought you were Nancy. Or at least Peggy.

Nahh, I'm clearly Marcie.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #14 on: 30 January, 2014, 09:38:23 pm »
I think you might be more like Dot - but then who is Dash?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15 on: 31 January, 2014, 06:45:38 am »
I have always thought that slab reefing, although not as flexible as roller reefing, is a much more robust solution as there is far less to go wrong. 

Quite so, but then you have to convince your (in)competent crew to go out on the coachroof and fuck about topping lifts and ram's horns when it's blowing a hoolie and you're hove to and everything's flogging about like a bastard!

But Shirley, if you have a fully battened main, jack stays and one of those clever bag cum boom covers plus all your reefing lines led back to the cockpit you just loosen the halyard, haul down the luff and leech, then re tighted the halyard and "hey presto" the flappy bit of the now reefed sail is safe in the clever bag come boom cover?  And you don't have to hove to as all the above can be done whilst sailing under the headsail, just let go the main sheet a bit to take the pressure off the sail.

Well, at least that's the theory!  All though in my days of sailing big boats (or any boat for that matter) all the above didn't exist and you did indeed have to ponce about on the coach roof.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
« Reply #16 on: 31 January, 2014, 08:26:34 am »
Kinky boots to cum bags?  Must try harder.

Thanks for restoring my faith in YACF, Kim! ;D

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #17 on: 01 February, 2014, 01:06:06 am »

But Shirley, if you have a fully battened main, jack stays and one of those clever bag cum boom covers plus all your reefing lines led back to the cockpit you just loosen the halyard, haul down the luff and leech, then re tighted the halyard and "hey presto" the flappy bit of the now reefed sail is safe in the clever bag come boom cover?  And you don't have to hove to as all the above can be done whilst sailing under the headsail, just let go the main sheet a bit to take the pressure off the sail.

Well, at least that's the theory!  All though in my days of sailing big boats (or any boat for that matter) all the above didn't exist and you did indeed have to ponce about on the coach roof.

Aye, if you have 'Jiffy Reefing', where reefing lines on the luff are brought back to the cockpit, and there's no need to hook up cringles to the ramshorns.
( That's not an everyday YACF sentence! )

You have better ginpalaces than I ....

In the interests of Full Disclosure, I'll state my data point of incompetence:
I'm only an RYA Day Skipper, with rather modest real-world experience.
I have skippered only modest vessels ( 36 ft ) and only in costal waters known to me.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #18 on: 01 February, 2014, 11:27:41 am »
Lets all hook our cringles over some rams horns (I'd forgotten they were called that!)  ;D

You're better qualified than me!  I started sailing when I was about 12 on a gravel pit in Maidenhead.  I went on to be a dinghy instructor for PGL in the days when you didn't need to be qualified to take a Wayfarer, Topper or Drascombe Longboat full of kids around Llangorse Lake or off a Mediterranean beach.  They didn't even check you were sober!

I was also a sailmaker and have done some offshore stuff. Best trip was the Hamble to the Canaries across the Bay of Biscay in November.  Fooking rough it was, we had to hove to and sit it out etc.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #19 on: 01 February, 2014, 11:42:41 am »
Yebbut, were you using Shimano or Campagnolo cringles? 

Oscar's dad

« Reply #20 on: 01 February, 2014, 11:51:47 am »
Yebbut, were you using Shimano or Campagnolo cringles?

I know you're just trying to funny but you raise a serious point as any idiot knows that Campag cringles are in no way compatible with Shimano ramshorns.

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #21 on: 01 February, 2014, 11:59:53 am »
Ramshorn cringles does sound like an entry in the Disgusting so-called food thread.

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #22 on: 01 February, 2014, 12:15:44 pm »
OK, so she's not a member, but I did spot this today.

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #23 on: 01 February, 2014, 03:54:23 pm »
OK, so she's not a member, but I did spot this today.
Hope that's not softwood flooring...
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #24 on: 04 April, 2014, 12:12:47 am »
Today, New Orleans:

Do not clench. It only makes it worse.