Author Topic: otterbox for phone?  (Read 1669 times)

otterbox for phone?
« on: 18 April, 2011, 11:42:53 am »
Not sure if its the best place for it, but are they worth the money? My phone keeps getting knocked, been dropped a few times and I'm always paranoid about it when I go out on my bike. It has a leather case it goes in but I'm after more protection for it, especially when I'm at work.
Anyone got one for their phone? They do a few different oned for mine, defender, commuter and a few others. Which one isd the one to get?

Cheers

Don't question. It makes people angry.

Re: otterbox for phone?
« Reply #1 on: 18 April, 2011, 08:10:34 pm »
I love them...

My IPods and other electrics survive in these through all sorts of weather and misuse. My new IPad will be housed in a "Defender" as soon as they become available.

Basically the commuter is the Defender with a lighter and less inclusive shell

« Reply #2 on: 18 April, 2011, 09:38:31 pm »
Yeh i read that the bit they put between the screen and the keys can be in the way a bit on the Defender model.
Wheres the best place to buy them from? Ive found Amazon with them but it says average delivery is 1-2months ???

« Reply #3 on: 18 April, 2011, 09:59:16 pm »
I have the defender for my iPhone since it's in a jersey pocket when I'm skating. I love it and would buy it again in a moment.  Haven't given it any impact testing yet, mind.
Your Royal Charles are belong to us.

« Reply #4 on: 18 April, 2011, 10:12:28 pm »
I have the Otterbox Defender on my iPhone 4 and it appears an excellent piece of kit.   I've had it for approx 6 months and haven't felt the need to take the phone out yet.   It's survived the general rough & tumble of being shoved into bags, saddlebags & trouser pockets with aplomb.  The screen is totally usable through the hard front.  It's yet to take a serious soaking and I don't intend to put it to an immersion test, anything with holes for plugs can't be expected to be waterproof.

Downsides, it adds bulk & weight to the phone, the rubber can drag when taking the phone out of pockets, and sometimes seems to attract dust & fluff.  No one can see you have an iPhone, so you don't look cool......  ::-)

Amazon appear to have the iPhone4 model for immediate delivery. here

If that isn't what you want I have an unboxed Pixelskin HD, yours FOC if you want it.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #5 on: 18 April, 2011, 10:31:57 pm »
Cheers for the offer but i have a Blackberry, which im undecided whether its a good thing or bad thing ??? But anyway, this is the one im tempted by http://www.amazon.co.uk/OtterBox-BlackBerry-Curve-9300-Commuter/dp/B004VEN5SA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1303162039&sr=1-5 which seems pretty nice. Its just the delivery bit thats putting me off ???