Author Topic: Classic Pace MTB frames  (Read 3537 times)

Classic Pace MTB frames
« on: 06 January, 2009, 11:01:36 am »
Somebody rode the Hopey New Year on Saturday on a lovely Pace MTB with slicks on. Chris N & I were drooling over it at the finish.

That got me wondering how often old Pace frames appear for sale 2nd hand, how much one would be etc etc...but I never really got further than thinking they were cool to look at when I were a lad.

Anybody know a bit about Paces? Which were good? Which were the 'classic' boxy style ones? Anybody got any nice pics of theirs? Anybody want to sell a large frame...? :demon:

Chris N

Re: Classic Pace MTB frames
« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2009, 11:48:14 am »
It was the RC200 we saw - the RC100 is the original model.  Try www.retrobike.co.uk for more info and classifieds.

You just missed a nice one: retrobike :: View topic - Pace Rc 200 F3 For Sale !   SOLD

« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2009, 11:59:13 am »
I can't recall what i paid for it (nor how much I sold it for!), but having long-fancied a Pace I bought this maybe 3 years ago:

A lovely looker, BUT I found it rather disappointing as a ride - felt a bit "dead" to me and I soon moved it on.
Let right or wrong alone decide
God was never on your side.

Si

« Reply #3 on: 06 January, 2009, 01:34:55 pm »
For me it's another of those frames that "you always promised yourself".  Some of the race snakes in my old club had them in the early 90s.  They reported them as being light, fast but uncomfortable.

« Reply #4 on: 04 February, 2009, 10:38:51 am »
I  have an RC100 sitting in the loft. Mainly because I just don't have time to ride it.
However, I did ride it a LOT in the past. It has two modes, slow and it feels horrible, awkward stiff, unforgiving. Hit the right speed however and you have a different bike, ride it hard and it floats over everything, it's just an incredibly precise bike to ride. However, it is very unforgiving if you ride it at less than race pace.

I'd happily sell it, but the Bullseye cranks on it have a crack in the left hand clamp which needs to be tig welded and then re-powder coated...