Author Topic: It's snowing!  (Read 639511 times)

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
Re: It's snowing!
« Reply #3875 on: 13 March, 2013, 09:01:18 am »
I wasn't going to ride in this morning because of a scattering of snow, but Nibs was adamant that he was riding to school so had to MTFU and go.

Most cycle paths were clear, but it was very cold.

Iced in marina, Vlaardingen
216km from Marsh Gibbon

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #3876 on: 13 March, 2013, 12:38:32 pm »
Every time I book myself a lunchtime massage it snows. So like today I don't take the car and I can't get to the joint at lunchtime, and I don't get my nice, relaxing, stress relieving massage.
Tokenz, I haz them  >:( >:( >:(
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #3877 on: 13 March, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »
Am booked to cross to France tomorrow.  Apparently the HGV traffic has been stacking up at Dover - just hope they have cleared the backlog today.  It'll be a cold trip as my van heater struggles to make much difference.  If I get stuck I'll be the one without the engine running to keep warm.

2011 trip, well below zero:

Although that was January.
Move Faster and Bake Things

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #3878 on: 13 March, 2013, 02:00:06 pm »
...and just for a change, IT'S BLOODY WELL SNOWING HERE!

Stoppit, ok? It's not funny, or fun, anymore...
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

LindaG

« Reply #3879 on: 13 March, 2013, 02:07:01 pm »
Here too.   >:(

« Reply #3880 on: 13 March, 2013, 02:09:41 pm »
About ten minutes of wet snow here in Darlo, which has now melted again.

Other than that, it's making a pretty decent show of buggering off.

tiermat

« Reply #3881 on: 13 March, 2013, 02:11:45 pm »
It is not so much whether it lays of not, it's the "every time I look out of the window it is either snowing or bright sunshine" thing that is pissing me off.

That and the FREEZIN cold wind :(
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #3882 on: 13 March, 2013, 02:13:24 pm »
No snow here - had a series of monumental hail showers about an hour ago, though; looks like someone has been chucking little polystyrene beads everywhere.

Chris S

« Reply #3883 on: 13 March, 2013, 03:02:49 pm »
No snow here - had a series of monumental hail showers about an hour ago, though; looks like someone has been chucking little polystyrene beads everywhere.

Here too - day became night, and it polystyrene'd heavily before snowing hard. Then out came the sun, and it was all gone in about 10 minutes.

« Reply #3884 on: 13 March, 2013, 03:26:03 pm »
No snow here in the sunny south the only way I'm going to see snow is if you guy post some photos  ;)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #3885 on: 13 March, 2013, 04:34:21 pm »
Am I the only one here who actually likes it when it snows and that there is snow on the hills. roads etc ?
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

tiermat

« Reply #3886 on: 13 March, 2013, 04:35:15 pm »
Am I the only one here who actually likes it when it snows and that there is snow on the hills. roads etc ?

No, but when it is like this, snow, sun, snow, sun, SLUSH, it is just no fun, no fun at all!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3887 on: 13 March, 2013, 05:04:57 pm »
David's just getting ready to join the Baker Street Irregular Astronomers to view Comet Panstarrs.
It's been cool and sunny all day.
Suddenly, the sky has darkened and polystyrene balls cover everything...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #3888 on: 13 March, 2013, 05:48:54 pm »
Loads of motorists apparently 'stranded' in Kent and Sussex.

I think the phrase the reporter failed to find was "unprepared whingers"...

A friend of mine spent 6 hours stationary on the A2 last night.  It doesn't matter how prepared you are if three foot deep snow drifts block the road and stop all the traffic around you.  Apparently the grit was being blown off the road as fast as they were spreading it.

His main winge was that he'd been stopped in a 3G blackspot.  Seems fair enough, really.

It must be very irritating if you have equipped your car properly with winter tyres only to find the road blocked by some moron in a Merc or BMW with sporty tyres whose rear-wheel-drive can't get up even the slightest slope.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #3889 on: 13 March, 2013, 08:11:24 pm »
Comedy snow heaping down when I opened the door to leave work.  Didn't settle, though, and had cleared by the time I got to Clapham.
Getting there...

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3890 on: 13 March, 2013, 08:14:57 pm »
Snow and sky cleared in time for David and Baker Street Irregular Astronomers to get good views of Comet PANSTARRS.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

« Reply #3891 on: 13 March, 2013, 08:30:48 pm »
Not seen even a hint of snow in Berks

« Reply #3892 on: 13 March, 2013, 09:03:05 pm »
Gritters are out tonight on wet roads, ice skating springs to mind, but then its only mid march.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Vince

• Can't climb; won't climb
« Reply #3893 on: 14 March, 2013, 11:37:27 am »
Lots of snow going horizontally past the window about 10 minutes ago. The sun is out now.
216km from Marsh Gibbon

« Reply #3894 on: 14 March, 2013, 01:10:13 pm »
Not seen even a hint of snow in Berks
Not very far away from you, & in Berks, I was outdoors in snow flurries in Reading on Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. Twice, I took my washing in because bright breezy sunshine had turned to snow.

The snow stopped quickly each time, & there wasn't enough to show on the ground.
"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #3895 on: 16 March, 2013, 11:19:22 pm »
What a surprise!

Just thinking of going for a spin and its snowing like mad. I'm getting really sick of this shit now!
OnOne Pickenflick - Tour De Fer 20 - Pinnacle Arkose cx - Charge Cooker maxi2 fatty - GT Zaskar Carbon Expert

« Reply #3896 on: 17 March, 2013, 08:34:42 am »
Unexpected heavy snow here in Oxon - I've just seen a black cat crossing the garden with a good layer of snow on it's back.   :)
Cycle and recycle.   SS Wilson

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #3897 on: 17 March, 2013, 09:34:30 am »
No snow here in the sunny south the only way I'm going to see snow is if you guy post some photos  ;)

Live'ish...

Or have you got your own stock now?  ;D
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #3898 on: 17 March, 2013, 09:36:04 am »
No snow here.

The sun shines on the righteous O:-)

Giraffe

• I brake for Giraffes
« Reply #3899 on: 17 March, 2013, 10:17:36 am »
Been snowing for about 3 hours here. Started as big floppy flakes, went finer and faster, then back. Settling a bit on sheds and grass but not on road etc. Judging by the run-off from the roof and the temperature being +3C, it's not here to stay. Oops!
2x4: thick plank; 4x4: 2 of 'em.