Author Topic: Any Kinky Friedman fans out there?  (Read 1371 times)

Any Kinky Friedman fans out there?
« on: 30 May, 2008, 05:51:41 pm »
We're off to see him tonight, at the Glenfarg Hotel. Just up the road from us and we have the chance to meet and greet Texas' greatest Jew.
Been a closet fan for years although I really only read a few of his books and listened to a couple of his CDs.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
Re: Any Kinky Friedman fans out there?
« Reply #1 on: 30 May, 2008, 06:00:38 pm »
ooh. I've guffawed through several of his books. Never considered he would be a musical act worth seeing, so I await the "Gig Ride Report".

Kinky [answering phone late at night]: Give me a sec, I'm just in the middle of someone.

Yes, that is the level of the humour ...
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

JT

• Howay the lads!
    • CTC Peterborough
« Reply #2 on: 30 May, 2008, 06:25:52 pm »
I'm a fan. Never considered seeing him in a musical context but I reckon he'll be pretty entertaining.

a great mind thinks alike

« Reply #3 on: 31 May, 2008, 08:47:23 am »
Very funny evening, really just 3 60 year olds having a laugh and shooting the breeze with plenty of irreverent jokes and songs.
All the old favourites, "I'm and asshole from El Paso", "They don't make jews like Jesus anymore", "Get you biscuits in the oven & your buns in the bed" and some Woody Guthrie numbers and party pieces from Little Jewford on keyboards and Washington Ratso on guitar.
Lots of scatological humour, farting and burping, sexual innuendo. Enough of the subtlety already.
Definitely one for fans only, they really weren't trying very hard and just seemed to be enjoying the in-jokes and themselves but in a very inclusive way. Great night and I shook hands with the great man too and he left me with some deep thoughts of his : "stay cool man". :)