Author Topic: Etrex 25/35 touch  (Read 1399 times)

Etrex 25/35 touch
« on: 27 May, 2016, 03:35:14 pm »
What are the panels views

I see no material difference apart from well the 'touch screen' to my humble standard  Etrex 30

http://explore.garmin.com/en-GB/etrex/

LMT

Re: Etrex 25/35 touch
« Reply #1 on: 27 May, 2016, 03:51:17 pm »
Can be a faff searching through the menu on the move with the non touch version. That would not warrant me buying a new one though. For me still the best GPS out there, tried and tested, takes AA batteries.

fuaran

• rothair gasta
« Reply #2 on: 27 May, 2016, 04:59:48 pm »
It is a slightly bigger screen on the Etrex Touch. But seems it is lower resolution than the 20x/30x.
And shorter battery life on the Etrex Touch - claims 16 hours.

And it has Bluetooth built in, which could be useful for transferring stuff to and from a phone or tablet. Though I'm not sure what software actually supports this currently?

I'd rather have an Etrex 30x for now. Though the Bluetooth could be handy occasionally.

« Reply #3 on: 27 May, 2016, 05:57:40 pm »
Can be a faff searching through the menu on the move with the non touch version. That would not warrant me buying a new one though. For me still the best GPS out there, tried and tested, takes AA batteries.

faff of searching thro` the menu can be sorted by adding `pages` to main menu and then just using BACK button; can`t exactly recall how it`s all setup but have managed set mine up so have main menu / map / speed etc pages all easily accessible by BACK button. Info was on yacf GPS forum so someone may remind!
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #4 on: 28 May, 2016, 06:59:31 pm »
It is a slightly bigger screen on the Etrex Touch. But seems it is lower resolution than the 20x/30x.

I've found the higher resolution to be a bit of a double-edged sword.  It is nice - but if your near sight is not excellent, it is also a problem, because lines on the map are just thinner, the Track line is thinner, the text is smaller including text in the data fields (I think, haven't checked this out thoroughly).  I toured recently using the E30, and packed a 30x as a spare.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll