Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Health & Fitness / Re: The health and fitness thread about random things
« Last post by T42 on Yesterday at 04:17:46 pm »
Heigh ho. Mentioned the angina I suspected on my last ride to the cardiologist this pm, and now I have an appointment for a coronography + possible stent in 2 weeks.  He offered to do a stress test to confirm it first, but last year's test showed the odd "insignificant" ST depression at 150W, and my blood sugar was running pretty high during the experiment with glibenclamide, so I thought "in for a penny" and opted for the coro.  Last time it took me 2 months after stenting to get back to doing 100k outings so I reckon I should be fit enough for a 200k just as it gets too bloody hot to do one.  Assuming they don't do a (please not!) bypass.

Otherwise, resting ECG & echography fine.  I reckon I'll do my own stress test on Saturday if it's not raining.

Interesting trivium: from first stent to next took 8 years, and that was 8 years ago.  If they do one in a fortnight I should be good until I'm 85. Gawd.  I want a complete refurb.
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by TheLurker on Yesterday at 04:04:09 pm »
Were I his parish priest I'd be be as happy as larry about it.  Only goes to show the power of prayer; "Please, God, don't let that obnoxious little man hypocrite turn up at Church again. Please:)

The Pub / Re: The Good News / Bad News Thread
« Last post by TheLurker on Yesterday at 03:58:24 pm »
Bad news.  Radiator leaking,well weeping, from top by bleed valve.  Radiator is 30+ years old.
Good news.  Radiator is 30+ years old so plumber able to remove, clean up and refit the affected part in under half an hour.
The Pub / Re: BONG ..And Here is the Not News..BONG
« Last post by Regulator on Yesterday at 03:36:56 pm »
Just another Brexit bonus it would seem.

Despite the media linking it to Brexit, it's nothing to do with Brexit.  The lifetime of passports is set by international treaty and was amended for all countries some years ago. 

Ask most people about the various rules that apply to passports (e.g. the six month rule or blank page requirements) and they'll give you a blank stare...
Racing / Re: A random racing thread for non Grand Tour stuff.
« Last post by andyoxon on Yesterday at 03:30:07 pm »
Nasty crash in Dwars door Vlaanderen. 
Where The Wild Things Are / Re: Seen today
« Last post by Snakehips on Yesterday at 03:02:19 pm »
Got home to my Rural Idyll the other day to see a Red Kite at roof top height as I drove in. Swirling and wheeling, like, umm, a kite, as it dodged the attentions of two unhappy and fierce crows.
I saw the same thing over my garden a couple of days ago. On the same day and same place  I saw and heard a skylark. Neither bird unusual in my area , we have Richmond Park, Bushy Park and Home Park all within a mile, but they usually stay in the parks and don't come to visit me at home.
Online quizzes / Re: Squaredle
« Last post by Wowbagger on Yesterday at 02:39:03 pm »
I played https://squaredle.com 03/27:
38/38 words (+6 bonus words)
📖 In the top 24% by bonus words
🔥 Solve streak: 102

I played https://squaredle.com/xp 03/27:
*23/23 words (+4 bonus words)
🎯 Perfect accuracy
The Sporting Life / Re: Barkley Marathons
« Last post by mrcharly-YHT on Yesterday at 02:25:55 pm »
A genuinely historic achievement.

Her win of the Spine was also a historic event.
Freewheeling / Re: How many A roads have you cycled on?
« Last post by Solocle on Yesterday at 02:17:40 pm »
Now I'm wondering where that A11/A14 photo was taken?
Here - https://maps.app.goo.gl/hr6JoE82WT4Ux8Pt6

you were that close you could have popped in for a cuppa.  I regularly ride out past the USAF bases and up to Thetford Forest

I could have also given you a much nicer route to Cambridge ;)
It worked fairly well for us tbh, I'm quite a fan of old trunk roads where possible, and it was designed to be compatible on a Veloviewer tiling front with a god-forsaken hour TT along the A11/A14  :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]