Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 211887 times)

Andrew

Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #550 on: 19 September, 2016, 06:39:52 pm »
Thanks for the thoughts people. We kinda practiced in old dogs now but it never gets easy.

Our Tess is showing a remarkable ability to cling to life. It's the stuff of a Bruce Willis movie, just when you think she's down she comes back again. It's day to day stuff but the good side is that we're prepared.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #551 on: 19 September, 2016, 07:39:18 pm »
The kittens are attacking any human hand or foot that sticks out from under a duvet. Then each other, themselves and the dog.

I don't believe we've seen any piccies yet, hmm?
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
« Reply #552 on: 19 September, 2016, 09:00:34 pm »
Alfie is trying to push me off my office chair, the git.  Just how much force can a 5 year old 5 kilo cat exert, I wonder?  (a hell of a lot, is the answer)
Wombat

« Reply #553 on: 19 September, 2016, 09:34:40 pm »
The kittens are attacking any human hand or foot that sticks out from under a duvet. Then each other, themselves and the dog.

I don't believe we've seen any piccies yet, hmm?

Ralph and Rory the Ragdoll  ;D
I will upload some more- we have plenty!
14107756_10210331654518515_2848328456150550321_o by Lara Day, on Flickr

« Reply #554 on: 19 September, 2016, 09:43:36 pm »
OMG! There is a chicken in the garden looking at us!
IMG_2247 by Lara Day, on Flickr

Rory likes lying in front of or on the microwave
IMG_2199 by Lara Day, on Flickr

Ralph looking beautiful as he always does
IMG_2202 by Lara Day, on Flickr

Cats on glass tables- Ralph from underneath ;D
IMG_0754 by Lara Day, on Flickr

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #555 on: 19 September, 2016, 09:51:36 pm »
 :thumbsup:

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #556 on: 20 September, 2016, 08:59:08 am »
 Ntheyre beautiful

Andrew

« Reply #557 on: 21 September, 2016, 11:44:43 am »
Sadly, our Tess died this morning. She was ok yesterday but had a sequence of seizures/attacks/fits (whatever they were) early this morning and I think her heart just gave out. To see her like that was not at all pleasant, at least now she's in peace. Fortunately, my wife and I were prepared for it and see it more as a blessing, an end to her discomfort. She'd been with us for 9 years and she'll leave a huge hole. Of course, our other dog (Sam, a border collie) seems unconcerned! (Nah, he senses something different - he's quieter than usual!) Dogs eh? They get to you...

Sorry to be a downer guys but I thought I ought follow up.

lou boutin

« Reply #558 on: 21 September, 2016, 03:15:18 pm »
Sending hugs Andrew. So sorry to read this.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #559 on: 21 September, 2016, 03:53:13 pm »
Sorry to hear it, Andrew.  When we bought our current two we deliberately bought chocolate Labs for their longer life expectancy. All three of our Leonbergs died young, of cancer, between ages 5 and 7. They're wonderful dogs but we had had enough.

As it happens, I've just been round the garden with trowel & coal shovel.  I reckon that two dogs produce four times as much shit as two.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #560 on: 21 September, 2016, 06:26:22 pm »
Awww, so sorry Andrew :(

« Reply #561 on: 21 September, 2016, 06:45:52 pm »
Very sorry, Andrew. Tough times.  :'(

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #562 on: 21 September, 2016, 07:46:43 pm »
Sorry about your loss Andrew :(

« Reply #563 on: 05 October, 2016, 12:54:52 pm »
Sorry to read about your loss Andrew.

The vet suggested we have a blood test to check for kidney or liver problems but two injections seemed enough for one day and I think we are a little concerned what that might reveal. We'll see how she gets on over the next few weeks and make a decision then.

Well we left it a bit longer than a few weeks but Willow was struggling again last week and not her usual self so we took her for the blood test and it revealed all her major organs are healthy (well as can be expected from a 17 year old) but she has an over active thyroid which is why she is drinking and piddling a lot as well as losing weight.

All good to know that she's generally OK it's just we now have to give her a tablet twice a day for ever more and giving her pills is always a stressful experience. She is too clever to know one is buried in food so we have to put it into her throat for her and this morning resulted in some fairly deep scratches in Mrs Trekkers arm.

There is a cream we can use but it's much more expensive (vet didn't specify exactly how much more) although probably worth it because we can't distress her like that twice a day. She doesn't seem to know it's for her own good :)
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #564 on: 09 October, 2016, 07:06:52 pm »
He's on my knee, watching the Disney Robin Hood.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

ian

« Reply #565 on: 09 October, 2016, 09:26:49 pm »
Snoring impressively loudly. I've turned Mitski up to number 35* and I can still hear the fuzzball putting out the decibels from the top of the wardrobe in my office.

*shitty low gain Logitech bluetooth adaptor.

« Reply #566 on: 10 October, 2016, 09:56:49 am »
My 4 kittens are at the vet's this morning to get neutered . 2 of them climbed into the cat carrier s and all I had to do was close the lid . the other two were easy to get in their carriers . I bet they will not be so easy next time  :D
the slower you go the more you see

lou boutin

« Reply #567 on: 10 October, 2016, 10:10:51 am »
Sleeping on my mail.  Err sorry her mail, since she is going through a 'everything is mine' stage at the moment.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #568 on: 10 October, 2016, 02:03:09 pm »
My 4 kittens are at the vet's this morning to get neutered . 2 of them climbed into the cat carrier s and all I had to do was close the lid . the other two were easy to get in their carriers . I bet they will not be so easy next time  :D

Trick we always used was to keep the carrier out as a box for the cats to play with, which at least meant its presence didn't signify an impending vet visit.

Didn't change the fact that one cat loved climbing into things and could be persuaded to get into the carrier simply by throwing a toy in there, while the other was having none of it and would do the full angry ball of fur with 5 sharp ends routine.  Interestingly, they'd change roles once they got to the vet.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #569 on: 10 October, 2016, 02:47:00 pm »
Laying on my lap, keeping an eye on Pingu's spinning Pingu :)
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #570 on: 10 October, 2016, 06:36:09 pm »
And they are back  :thumbsup: .they have taken over my bed and gone to sleep . look's like I am on the floor tonight  ::-)
the slower you go the more you see

ian

« Reply #571 on: 17 October, 2016, 11:53:51 am »
Going baby rhino bonkers. It's weird. Bad Cat saw one on TV last night and despite not having shown any interest in TV before was captivated by the antics of a baby rhino. I thought it was the motion or something, but even a still picture of a baby rhino grabs her interest and she follows me around trying to get it. Peculiar.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #572 on: 30 October, 2016, 12:03:32 am »
Sleeping after spending most of the day hiding under our neighbour's bed  ::-)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #573 on: 30 October, 2016, 07:18:25 am »
Going baby rhino bonkers. It's weird. Bad Cat saw one on TV last night and despite not having shown any interest in TV before was captivated by the antics of a baby rhino. I thought it was the motion or something, but even a still picture of a baby rhino grabs her interest and she follows me around trying to get it. Peculiar.

Proof of reincarnation?
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mrs Pingu

• Twitter
« Reply #574 on: 30 October, 2016, 05:06:10 pm »
Sleeping after spending most of the day hiding under our neighbour's bed  ::-)

Where we now know she also left a poo...  :facepalm: