Author Topic: What is your pet doing right now?*  (Read 210280 times)

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
Re: What is your pet doing right now?*
« Reply #975 on: 28 July, 2018, 09:51:20 am »
Linky no worky
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #976 on: 28 July, 2018, 01:30:43 pm »
Linky no worky

Fixed I hope, too enthusiastic cleaning up my pics :-)
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #977 on: 28 July, 2018, 02:51:38 pm »
Linky no worky

Fixed I hope, too enthusiastic cleaning up my pics :-)

Last pic of Phoebe shows. Previous don't seem to appear.

Phoebe is LEGGY and lovely!

Blackie is curled into a C by the pedal board of David's electric organ.
Big Tom is out, location undetermined.

« Reply #978 on: 28 July, 2018, 04:12:17 pm »

Phoebe is LEGGY and lovely!

She certainly is, stands nearly a metre tall on her hind legs!  And she’s FAST too.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #979 on: 28 July, 2018, 09:40:26 pm »
Both getting shut in the shed  :facepalm:

« Reply #980 on: 28 July, 2018, 09:57:00 pm »
Taking turns to sleep on every sofa and chair in the house after not being allowed on the furniture whilst we stayed in The Lakes.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #981 on: 29 July, 2018, 12:23:36 pm »
Brown cat is on Brown Chair, where Black Cat usually sleeps.
I don't where Black Cat is right now; she will appear.
Managed  inadvertently to shut Black Cat in downstairs privy.
Did Not Like!

Black Cat has just appeared by kitchen door.
There's a cat flap in it she uses with ease.
She has not.
Yet.

Cats are eating little wet food at present; they pester David, he gets food out, they have a little. then leave.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #982 on: 29 July, 2018, 01:03:28 pm »
Cats are eating little wet food at present; they pester David, he gets food out, they have a little. then leave.

They're just training David.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #983 on: 29 July, 2018, 01:12:39 pm »

Always fun to watch a well-trained cat owner.  I remember coming home from university after the first term (I was still sort-of welcome at home at that point):

Squirrel:  *appears at window*
Cat:  *perks up, runs to window*  *chirps at squirrel*
Cat:  *runs to other room, chirps at Dad*
Dad:  *follows excitedly chirruping cat back into room*  *picks up bag of nuts, posts a couple out through upper window to squirrel*
Cat:  (in full bog-brush tail mode) *returns to window, makes further barking noises at squirrel on other side of the glass*
Dad:  *gets camera, takes photographs of conveniently still squirrel at point blank range*
Squirrel:  *finishes nuts, sticks tongue out at cat, runs off laughing*
Me (to Mum): They've got each other well-trained, I see.

« Reply #984 on: 29 July, 2018, 01:27:55 pm »

Always fun to watch a well-trained cat owner.  I remember coming home from university after the first term (I was still sort-of welcome at home at that point):

Squirrel:  *appears at window*
Cat:  *perks up, runs to window*  *chirps at squirrel*
Cat:  *runs to other room, chirps at Dad*
Dad:  *follows excitedly chirruping cat back into room*  *picks up bag of nuts, posts a couple out through upper window to squirrel*
Cat:  (in full bog-brush tail mode) *returns to window, makes further barking noises at squirrel on other side of the glass*
Dad:  *gets camera, takes photographs of conveniently still squirrel at point blank range*
Squirrel:  *finishes nuts, sticks tongue out at cat, runs off laughing*
Me (to Mum): They've got each other well-trained, I see.

Its the dolphins that you need to be wary of.

Ocean safari park somewhere in leftpondia, the dolphins have been trained to collect litter from their pool.
Which is a good thing
Every time they give their keeper a piece of litter, they get a fish as a reward.
But the dolphins have got wise to this. Now, when they find a discarded wrapper, the bite off a small chunk and put the remainder under a rock at the bottom of the pool, and exchange the small chunk for a fishy treat.
Rinse and repeat.
The dolphins are training their keepers!!!

One day the dolphin caught a seagull in the pool.
He gave this to the keeper, and was rewarded by being given lots of fish.
Which he ate, but he kept the last fish and hid it under a rock at the bottom of the pool.
And used that as bait to catch another seagull.

If dolphins ever learn to communicate, we'll all be f*cked, I tell you.

Oh...

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #985 on: 29 July, 2018, 01:43:27 pm »
When I saw Jurek had replied, I thought it was going to be about squirrels...    ;D
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #986 on: 29 July, 2018, 02:12:27 pm »
When I saw Jurek had replied, I thought it was going to be about squirrels...    ;D

;D ;D ;D

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #987 on: 29 July, 2018, 09:38:41 pm »
Well, a couple of hours ago, Megan was getting excited.

20180729_180740~2
by Basil W, on Flickr
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #988 on: 31 July, 2018, 03:22:48 pm »
Cats have gone right off Whiskas wet food though they'll lick a little jelly.
Big Tom will eat a few Whiskas crunchies and Blackie likes the Dreamies 'mouse'.
They won't touch the Sainsbury's stuff now.

Wonder if I should give them less...

ian

« Reply #989 on: 31 July, 2018, 04:01:32 pm »
Cats are choosy. There's no point trying to understand their preferences. It's best to assume that they won't like anything you think they'll like. Also assume that the fact they like something today is no guide to what they'll like tomorrow. The only consistency amongst ours is tuna fish. Only canned tuna, they'll certainly have nothing to do with fresh tuna. I can't open a can of anything these days without the thud-thud-thud of stampeding paws as they descend upon me. Which then means have to spend five minutes explaining that 'it's just butter beans' you feline simpletons.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #990 on: 31 July, 2018, 04:18:55 pm »
I accept they're choosy!
Maddening that I've bought bulk packs of stuff they previously loved and now eschew.

I don't want to starve the dears.
I don't like wasting food of any kind and we were having to throw uneaten food away.
I really want to avoid Nestlé/Purina/Felix. I bought some Special Offer Felix they seemed to love, before I realised it was Nestlé.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #991 on: 31 July, 2018, 04:53:40 pm »
The problem is, they're teaching you to pander to them.
My current 2 and my previous 2 got the same dried food (previous was for medical reasons and current is for sensitive digestive system reasons) every day for years and didn't turn their nose up at it.
Of course, the advantags with dried food is that you can just leave it there until they eat it, which doesn't really work with wet food.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #992 on: 31 July, 2018, 04:57:39 pm »
Wot Mrs P said.
Took me several cats to realise this.  Daf, who now lives with my son, has never had anything other than dried Iams in his life.1  He's happy with them.  If he doesn't eat, he's obviously not hungry.  I never let it bother me.

1 Not completely true.  I once gave him some chicken from my plate.  He played football with it.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

ian

« Reply #993 on: 31 July, 2018, 05:41:35 pm »
Ours have dried food out (Science Plan) for ongoing munchies. They did survive the first couple of years of their life on dried food. We only started on the soft when LMC had all her teeth taken out. They get one pouch of wet stuff a day which they get far more excited about than the dried stuff. But they eat the dried stuff just fine (even LMC, who's learned to crunch it up against her palate). Cats generally won't starve themselves on principle. They may drop a dismembered mouse in your open mouth as you sleep of course or mount a dirty protest outside their litter tray to make their displeasure at the menu options clear.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #994 on: 01 August, 2018, 04:05:31 pm »
I got Cockatiel Charlie back today from the vets today.

She's now waiting till I find a suitable spot in the back garden to intern her little ashes. :'( :'( :'(

:'( :'( :'(

ian

« Reply #995 on: 01 August, 2018, 05:14:34 pm »
Our dead cat, Lamb Chop, is still on the bookshelf. She's been dead for about seven years. Every time I suggest garden-based interment I get the 'what if we move?' from my wife. I honestly don't think the dead cat will mind at this point. I'm not risking pointing that out to my wife though.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #996 on: 02 August, 2018, 02:45:27 pm »
Our dead cat, Lamb Chop, is still on the bookshelf. She's been dead for about seven years. Every time I suggest garden-based interment I get the 'what if we move?' from my wife. I honestly don't think the dead cat will mind at this point. I'm not risking pointing that out to my wife though.

Yeah but the wife will.

Fur bastards creep in to your heart....

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #997 on: 03 August, 2018, 02:41:48 pm »
Sitting on MY chair.

Goldilocks is Not Amused.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #998 on: 03 August, 2018, 02:57:19 pm »
I was over in the workshop were it's still pleasantly cool. Dogs came too & sprawled out on the concrete floor.  After a while they got fed up & went out.  A while later I found that they had opened the front door of the house and were lying in the doorway while 34° air blew into the carefully-conserved coolth.

Anyone would think they wanted oxygen too.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #999 on: 03 August, 2018, 04:10:50 pm »
We’re not sure. We’ve had her nearly 3 weeks now. Earlier this week she got out of the kitchen window, but we saw her in the garden, and she came back to eat. Then weds evening she went out the cat flap (which I’d neglected to properly lock  ::-)) at around 8pm and came back sometime between 10 and 2am. So today we thought we’d let her out in the morning, but she typically went and sat on the landing. I went out for a ride, and came back around 11am. Asked where the cat was, “on the landing” says my wife. No, no she isn’t. Where she is no-one knows, but hopefully she’ll be back for her tea sometime this evening... 

and as is the way with cats, she reappeared from we know not where  :)

ETA Mystery solved. This morning I knew she had to be in the bedroom. Eventually spotted (by dint of a reflection from her ID tag) under the bed. Where she will likely stay all day.