Author Topic: Is Google Pay playing up?  (Read 690 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Is Google Pay playing up?
« on: 23 March, 2021, 07:11:41 pm »
Just had fruitless and embarrassing trip to Wilko, where Google Pay informed me that I had to add a card.  WTF?  It's been fine since I installed it a year ago  Although it had the card details, it wanted the CVV2 to re-add it.  Well, Mr Google, if I wanted to carry the card, I wouldn't bother with Google Pay, would I?

It re-added just fine but I might as well delete the app.  99.9% reliability is not good enough for payments.  If I have to carry my debit card everywhere, sod it.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Re: Is Google Pay playing up?
« Reply #1 on: 23 March, 2021, 07:24:43 pm »
I suspect this might originate with a recent app update which improved security. You may well have a notice pasted to the underside of a filing cabinet in the attic of your eMails informing you of such. What phone and android version? I know I had a similar event about 6 months ago, as a Pixel my version upgrade would likely have happened sooner.

Otherwise I have 100% success with Android pay.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2 on: 23 March, 2021, 07:31:28 pm »
Samsung S20 and Android 11.  If they used Gmail, that's /dev/null to me - I only have a gmail address to sign into Google Play.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #3 on: 23 March, 2021, 07:33:33 pm »
I cant get Samsung pay to accept my card on my S20+

Fugging annoying. Mind you, my phone is in a case with a card slot, with my credit card in it, so I don't know what I'm complaining about.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #4 on: 23 March, 2021, 10:16:58 pm »
It wouldn’t accept my cards so I don’t care. Applepay is happy with them and it’s no great hardship to get my phone out instead of just using my watch.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.