Author Topic: And Then The Murders Began  (Read 9160 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: And Then The Murders Began
« Reply #50 on: 01 May, 2017, 07:07:03 pm »
Bunny did not waken all at once. A sound (what, he did not know) struck the surface of his sleep and sank like a stone. And then the murders began.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #51 on: 01 May, 2017, 07:19:31 pm »
In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.

And then the murders began.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #52 on: 01 May, 2017, 09:51:10 pm »
In the light of the moon a little egg lay on a leaf.

;D ;D ;D
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #53 on: 01 May, 2017, 09:53:20 pm »
Mr Sherlock Holmes, who was usually very late in the mornings, save upon those not infrequent occasions when he stayed up all night, was seated at the breakfast table; and then the murders began.
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #54 on: 01 May, 2017, 10:25:31 pm »
The cats nestle close to their kittens, The lambs have laid down with the sheep. And then the murders began

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #55 on: 01 May, 2017, 10:45:13 pm »
A well known scientist (some say it was Bertrand Russell) once gave a public lecture on astronomy.  And then the murders began.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

« Reply #56 on: 01 May, 2017, 11:19:58 pm »
It was the afternoon of my eighty-first birthday, and I was in bed with my catamite when Ali announced that the archbishop had come to see me. And then the murders began.

That was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie and Dim, Dim being really dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar making up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening, a flip dark chill winter bastard though dry. And then the murders began.

‘Take my camel, dear,’ said my Aunt Dot, as she climbed down from this animal on her return from High Mass. And then the murders began.

Squire Trelawnay, Dr Livesey, and the rest of these gentlemen having asked me to write down the whole particulars about Treasure Island, from the beginning to the end, keeping nothing back but the bearings of the island, and that only because there is still treasure not yet lifted, I take up my pen in the year of grace 17-- and go back to the time when my father kept the Admiral Benbow inn and the brown old seaman with the sabre cut first took up his lodging under our roof. And then the murders began.

As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic insect. And then the murders began.

Emma Woodhouse, handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition, seemed to unite some of the best blessings of existence; and had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress or vex her. And then the murders began.

Stately, plump Buck Mulligan came from the stairhead, bearing a bowl of lather on which a mirror and a razor lay crossed. And then the murders began.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. And then the murders began.

But this is hard to beat -

“'To be born again,' sang Gibreel Farishta tumbling from the heavens, 'first you have to die.'” And then the murders began.

"A woman on a bicycle has all the world before her where to choose; she can go where she will, no man hindering." The Type-Writer Girl, 1897

« Reply #57 on: 01 May, 2017, 11:22:35 pm »
Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper. And then the murders began.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #58 on: 01 May, 2017, 11:25:20 pm »
Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimbal in the wabe. And then the murders began.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #59 on: 01 May, 2017, 11:35:27 pm »
Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimbal in the wabe. And then the murders began.
Dangerous things, vorpal swords.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #60 on: 01 May, 2017, 11:54:05 pm »
When shall we three meet again, in thunder lightening or in rain?
When the murders have begun, when the battles lost and won.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #61 on: 02 May, 2017, 12:03:30 am »
Sexual intercourse began in nineteen sixty three, and then the murders began.

« Reply #62 on: 02 May, 2017, 12:07:36 am »
Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away… And then the murders began.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #63 on: 02 May, 2017, 07:27:59 am »
The idea of Audax was first formulated in Italy. And then the murders began.
It is simpler than it looks.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #64 on: 02 May, 2017, 10:26:50 am »
Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names
were -
          Flopsy,
       Mopsy,
   Cotton-tail,
and Peter.

You've all made wonderful contributions, but I do feel that Mr 42 has best nailed it with his efforts so far  :thumbsup:
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #65 on: 02 May, 2017, 10:43:23 am »
It was love at first sight.  And then the murders began.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Clare

• Is in NZ
« Reply #66 on: 02 May, 2017, 10:48:02 am »
Every day, Commander Sam Vines of the City Watch would be home at six o'clock sharp to read to Young Sam, who was one year old. And then the murders began.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #67 on: 02 May, 2017, 12:51:50 pm »
Picking up the nearest book to my elbow

Microwave systems have an enormous impact on modern society.  And then the murders began.

That's not much good, let's try the next one

Radiometry of spectrally resolved thermal radiation in the microwave range has been a valuable tool for the remote sensing of the terrestrial surface and atmosphere with concentration on the hydrosphere.  And then the murders began.

Hmm, that wasn't any better, shall I try the next one down?  Actually, let's stick to my shelves at home.

The American handed Leamas another cup of coffee and said 'Why don't you get back to sleep?' and then the murders began.

I met my Aunt Angela for the first time in more than half a century at my mother's funeral, and then the murders began.

3 May, Bistritz -- Left Munich at 8:35pm, on 1st May arriving at Vienna early next morning; should have arrived at 6:46, but train was an hour late, and then the murders began.

The studio was filled with the rich colour of roses, and when the light summer wind stirred amidst the trees of the garden, there came through the open door a heavy scent of the lilac, or the more delicate perfume of the pink-flowering thorn.  And then the murders began.

It was reliably reported by several persons that a rain of stones fell from a clear blue sky on Carlin street in the town of Chamberlain on August 18th.  And then the murders began.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #68 on: 02 May, 2017, 12:59:13 pm »
Last night I dreamt I went to Manderley again. And then the murders began.

Always wanted to render that as Last night I dreamt of mandibles again.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #69 on: 02 May, 2017, 01:02:29 pm »
It was in a pub somewhere in London in the spring of 2009 that I undertook to draw a very short comic for the web, to illustrate the very brief life of Ada Lovelace.  And then the murders began.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #70 on: 02 May, 2017, 01:25:35 pm »
aardvark /'A:dvA:k/ noun a nocturnal African burrowing mammal with a thick set body, large snout and donkey-like ears.  And then the murders... ah, rubbish.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #71 on: 02 May, 2017, 01:30:53 pm »
Let's make America Great again. And then the murders began
Duct tape is magic and should be worshipped

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #72 on: 02 May, 2017, 06:09:46 pm »
The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. And then the murders began
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #73 on: 03 May, 2017, 01:59:34 am »
We have a winner!
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #74 on: 03 May, 2017, 09:59:32 am »
The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles. And then the murders began.